Bing Get Me There helps you around London
Bing has published an app for London called Bing Get Me There. Perfect if you're frustrated and need to launch it in front of hundreds of people, one would shout at the voice recognition system: "BING GET ME THERE!" The app itself is really nice and looks great. It's simple functionality offers the user full tube maps (offline), service updates on the lines and the ability to plan journeys.
Some highlighted features:
- Plan journeys using Bing maps and the London Underground network
- Full tube maps and live service updates
- Live departures and status updates by tube station
- Nearest tube stations (with map and walking directions)
- Set up favourite journeys with ‘live tile’ alerts on your home screen
- Weekend service updates
- Offline access to tube maps (great for when you are on the tube)
Of course if you're a frequent tube/bus user, you'll be more suited to the likes of London Travel, which provides better journey planning functionality between stations etc. as opposed to addresses and the like. The massive advantage it has over other journey planners is the live tile alert feature which is just impressive.
The app is perfect if you're a tourist in the big city or plan to visit for the 2012 Olympics when all the tubes will be either closed or over-crowded. You can download Bing Get Me There from the Marketplace.
Thanks goes out to Amir for the tip!