The movie may be a few weeks old at this point, but we’re still happy to see Captain America: TWS come to Windows Phone. Gameloft has just released this new game for Windows Phone 8 and Windows Phone 8.1. Play as Captain America and lead a S.H.I.E.L.D. Strike Team that’ll save the world.
Captain America: The Winter Soldier came to theaters globally earlier this month, but today he’s coming to a Windows Phone near you. Here’s what you get with Captain America: TWS on Windows Phone:
INTENSE COMBAT ACTION WITH LOTS OF TACTICAL OPTIONS
- Lead your Strike Team of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents
- Battle your way through various enemy types using force or guile
- Make clever use of your indestructible shield and skills as a Super-Soldier and an Avenger
- Call on The Avengers for support
100% MARVEL EXPERIENCE
- An absorbing original story co-written by Marvel Comics writer Christos Gage
- Face off against iconic villains such as King Cobra, Taskmaster, Puff Adder, the Winter Soldier and more
- Art and graphics inspired directly by the comics
PLAY WITH YOUR FRIENDS
- Asynchronous multiplayer: Join a Clan and battle rival players!
- Climb the league leaderboards
- Earn cool rewards in Limited-Time Events
MANAGE YOUR BASE AND GROW IN POWER
- Enhance your agents and weapons for optimal performance in the field
- Learn new fighting techniques to supercharge Cap’s attacks
- Unlock and upgrade Captain America’s suits
- Research skills and items that help you advance faster
We’ve spent a few minutes ‘playing’ with the game. So far it’s not looking too promising. You require an internet connection to play Captain America: TWS. That’s not in itself bad, but we’re getting some crashes early on. We might not be alone either, early reviews for the app in the Windows Phone Store show the game averaging two stars.
The game itself is pretty fun, we're hoping for a quick update to address the stability issues. Give the demo a try and let us know how it works out for you.
Captain America: TWS will give you the first two levels free, but then you’ll need to pony up $0.99 to play more. It does work on 512 MB devices. Download it from the Windows Phone Store.
Update: Gameloft just pinged us to let us know that the game's unlisted from the Windows Phone Store because it's still in testing. That would explain any poor performance you might be experiencing. In any case, be classy and sit on your 1-star reviews until the game is officially announced by Gameloft and fully patched with the final build.
Thanks for the tip Lance_WPCentral!