Official Facebook and Kindle apps for Windows Phone get small updates
As many of you may have noticed, two somewhat major apps for Windows Phone received updates in the last 24 hours, so we’ll pass on the news in case you missed it.
First up is Facebook, which has been receiving quite a few updates lately, generally a good sign…unless you consider everything so broke that it needs even more fixing. The last update was just a week ago for version 2.6 and now version 2.7 has landed in the Marketplace bringing with it some new fixes though no new features:
- Notifications now show updated time instead of created time
- Corrected thumbnail display on likes
- Now respecting except clause on posts with custom privacy settings
That’s nothing terribly exciting though if you were experiencing any of those issues, hopefully you’ll be a bit pleased with the update.
Next up is Amazon’s Kindle ebook app. That app is now on version 1.2 which shows you how often that one gets updated (seriously, it has had one update in the last year). The good news here is this update is more significant:
- Mango compliant including fast app switching, multi-tasking
- Available in more regions, including Japan, Portugal, Brazil, Poland, Sweden and presumably other areas too [Forum]
- Books are pinnable to start screen with 2 sided Live Tile
That’s some pretty cool stuff by Amazon and we’re hear they’re being quite proactive with customer support, see this post about a personal phone call from the company.
Should you wish to grab either app, you can pick up the official Facebook app here and the Amazon Kindle app here in the Windows Phone Marketplace. Thanks, everyone, for the tips and sab742 for the images