JBL Powerup Wireless Charging Speaker to sport NFC, Bluetooth and wireless charging capabilities

JBL Powerup

Nokia announced new Bluetooth headphones at the press conference today as well as a new JBL PowerUp Wireless Charging speaker. This sturdy looking device sports Bluetooth, NFC and wireless charging functionality, which works seamlessly with the Lumia 820 and 920.

Wireless charging enables Lumia 820 / 920 owners to make use of easy top-ups without cluttering a desk or area with more cabling. The speaker -of course- plays music and all that's required is the slightest tap from the Nokia Windows Phones through the use of NFC.

You can check out the speaker (as well as other accessories - including available wireless charging stations) over on Nokia's website.

Comments

Who needs this overpriced, low sound quality JBL speaker for such a lame phone?

Rich Edmonds says:

"Your mom."

Seriously, I would hardly call the Lumia 820 or 920 (you said "phone" so I'm unsure as to which you are referring to) lame. They're superb looking Windows Phones that will take the platform further. Let's see what HTC announces also. As for the speaker, it looks pretty neat and with wireless charging, it'll be handy for those who require a new desk device.

uopjo6 says:

lol keep barking

HikiSpray says:

I want one, but lame phone? It's for lumia, not an android or ios phone.

jdep1 says:

Jbl speaker & to top it off it charges your phone. Shut up and take my money now!!

Wacft says:

Its great because of what it can lead to. I want a boombox with nfc and wireless charging. Maybe not this one but I def want one that could do both of these things.

JensenK says:

They should offer a car holder with wireless charging included...that would really simplify usage in a car. Would also be great for navigation and bluetooth music.

goopile says:

+1! NFC on that car holder and it's as simple as it gets to connect your phone to the cars system.

Piro.Garay says:

I recently bought a Sony deck for my car and my 900 connects via Bluetooth, so awesome!!!

mlfj4901 says:

Mine does too, but with too much audio skipping. :/

wpguy says:

Finally, an open standard for connected accessories. This is the beginning of the end of nothing but iPhone/iPad-port-only accessories on the shelves.

Seconded. While at work I could only skim the news, and while it's really awesome, and I'm glad right now it's just gonna be a Lumia thing, such speaker designs need to become the de facto standard on all platforms. Graceful for everyone.

TheWayne says:

I want to know if the speaker is exclusive to the Lumia 900 ONLY.
Can it work with any NFC phone?
My wife would prefer the Samsung Ativ S that also has NFC.