Twitter spam!

Twitter creates overload with new social experiment

Twitter token troubles

glƏƏk! for Windows Phone 8 priced at $99.99

Tweetium app for Windows 8 updated with new features and improvements

Twitter for Windows Phone gets an update, no new features to be seen

Sneak peek at Tweetium for Windows Phone 8.1

What is your favorite Twitter app for Windows Phone?

Official Twitter app updated with multi-photo upload and other cool features

Bing now includes tweets and celebrity Twitter handles in search results (US)

Twitter acquires live video platform SnappyTV

Xbox

Twitter, Vine, HBO, and 42 other apps coming soon to Xbox

PSA: Official Twitter app crashing on viewing Tweets for Windows Phone

Windows 8 Apps+Games

Pinpointer launches on Windows 8 to help you find the perfect Twitter client

Add to Contacts receives update to enable Microsoft Account sync

Windows

Can't decide on which Twitter client to download? There's an upcoming app for that!

Twitter beta for Windows Phone 8.1 being disabled on some devices, you could be next

‘Add to Contacts’ fills in the gaps on Windows Phone 8.1 by helping you save those searches

Sharing is caring – How the Social Extensibility framework for Windows Phone 8.1 will make things better

Twitter for Windows Phone 8.1 leaks, brings native sharing back, Photos hub integration

Windows 8 Apps+Games

MetroTwit sails off into the sunset as ‘token limits’ take another victim

Never lose Windows tech again with Phablocate from Liquid Daffodil

Creator of glƏƏk! Twitter app releases Cowlick! for those with lighter tastes

Cowlick!

Moolicious. And temporarily free.

Twitter apps are like shoes—everyone has their favorite and there is tons of variety out there. The client glƏƏk! has been quite popular lately what with its unique design and more rare features like “Extras”, “glƏƏks”, “pƏƏks”. But what if those distinctive add-ons are just not your thang?

Enter in Cowlick! It’s light in a few ways: for one, it is light themed and two, it doesn’t have those aforementioned features. Instead, you’re left with just a really robust and awesome Twitter client.

Cowlick!

What makes Cowlick! fun is the humor found within the design and settings—it basically has a personality. Whether it’s “the Verge” setting (blames Twitter errors on Microsoft), font size selection (“Normal for ‘Normal People’), the app feels quite fresh.

Sure, your other features are there too: multiple account support, inline images, search, auto-contact fill, font effects, shrink URLs…it’s all onboard. So it’s not lite on features by any means.

Moo

Oh and did we mention it’s free for the next “few days”? It is, so that means if you should go and download it “lock in” that price for future updates. Speaking of, if you notice on page transitions the screen momentarily flickers to black, no worries. That was a small oversight and will be addressed in the already submitted version 1.1 update due out soon.

What else is there to say? Cows are cool and so is Cowlick! by Liquid Daffodil. Grab it here in the Windows Phone Store and let us know in comments what you think (the devs are listening). And don't forget about the other recent and interesting LD app, Cumulotweetus.

QR: Cowlick

Comments

barry.weston says:

These guys really mean business. Their apps are fully functional, fun and well supported.

vaultboy21 says:

yeah, great work all around. would love to see an APP.NET app from these guys!

sicnus says:

My world stopped working when I started using Liquid Daffodil apps. Its not my fault that I can't get a job, get sexed up, or get a bus pass. Its all Liquid Daffodils fault. He ruined my world, nothing works! Any future medical issues are the result of Liquid Daffodil. Wait, what? Liquid Daffodil has email support that actually fixes issues?

Nickkk101 says:

I shall be looking into this definately. Gleek became my choice after Carbon anounced they were jumping from the WP ship...and as powerful as it is, I've found it a little bit too bloated with all the extra 'fun stuff' that is anything but...fun (IMO).  For instance when retweeting with Gleek, there's no momentary message displayed to tell you its been sucessfully done so.. I've felt that for all the updates they push out, the dev's seem to be missing some of the smaller but more instinctive things. A little too much style over substance perhaps?

Codesmith says:

Of course there are always a few things here and there we fix or enhance along the way, but hope you give Cowlick! a spin. Our goal is to make your Twitter life a little easier and more fun, and although glƏƏk! will always ve tons of fun extras, and be a little on the "wild side", our goal is to ALWAYS give our fans what they want. We'd LOVE to hear from you in an email what you'd love to see changed in future updates....we only do this for the love of the fans! :)

Nickkk101 says:

Well thank you for a thoughful and gracious response guys. I cant believe it sounds like I cant cope with the wild side of a twitter app lol (i think thats a new low for me,, but i take your point..) but certainly, I will be supplying feedback! What cannot be denied is your fresh approach to the platform, a great thing undoubtedly. Got Cowlick downloaded, so im off to try it out!

karelj says:

Amazing how awesome twitter apps can be yet the official Windows Phone twitter app is so lacking.
In any case, I'll give this app a spin even though I am not a fan of the light theme.

Codesmith says:

We weren't fans of the Light Theme either, until users pointed out to us how AWESOME glƏƏk! looked in Light Theme, and yet because we used Dark Theme we couldn't see it. That was a key goal for Cowlick! ...Light, light, light! ...because Albinos rock! :)

Ever thought to add twilonger support like twabbit...they seem to be the only one that does

Could the light/dark theme be an option setting?

erwt says:

Liquid Daffodil apps are so awesome. Weird, but awesome!

kenzibit says:

LD (Codesmith) is actually one of the best WP developers out there, no doubt. Wish we had more dedicated and platform loving developers like him. Kudos LD,.I'm proud of ya ;-)

jabtano says:

I agree always answered me right off. there are a few out there who really stand behind the products they make.

LeiChat says:

Very nice.

Paid for Carbon a while back after trialing a few and was sad to read on here the developer won't be taking it through to WP8. This looks like the perfect replacement for me.

Would still like the option for a dark theme though. Just find it easier to read white text on black background.

Codesmith says:

We are still open to that of course...maybe we need to create a "Reverse Mode" for Cowlick! ...like a photo negative!

Laura Knotek says:

I'd really like that feature. I already have Glëëk, but I don't use pëëks. The wallpapers are actually from Outsider, which I also have (and love).

A "reverse" Cowlick would be right up my alley. :)

gooper says:

+1 would be a great option

LeiChat says:

Slight teething issue, I added an account, pinned it to the start screen. Added another account. Pinned the app from the start screen, deleted that pinned tile. Opened the app from my original acccount pinned tile and it showed me the welcome message and had lost both authorised accounts and the preferences I'd selected.

Codesmith says:

That's a very strange scenario and behavior. If you can reproduce it we'd love a support email and walk through together to make sure we catch anything for the next update! :)

wetworker says:

It's a bit sluggish on my lumia 900. UI is nice though.

willdoors says:

UI is nice? come on, it's the same UI as 90k apps have! boring similar panorama!

jabtano says:

I'm a gleek guy I like Mehdoh as well. I'm very happy with both I could never figure out which one i liked best so I use both though Gleek I tend to use more because I can color code people that I enjoy reading the most....

Laura Knotek says:

I like Glëëk the best since inline pictures are bigger than in any other Windows Phone Twitter apps.

Shobiz says:

Carbon has bigger inline pictures. Plus Carbon offered the Video Thumbnails too. Gleek needs to add that

Sam Sabri says:

The image of the sideways cow...reminds me of something. Not sure what.

Codesmith says:

Trust me, it was originally "more reminiscent" of something but my wife made me change it. :)

Sam Sabri says:

That's a good wife!

gorebashd says:

Amazing job LD. Kudos :)

jbitner21 says:

I seem to have the same problem. I added my two accounts and pinned one of them to my start screen. While reading tweets the application crashed. I opened it back up and it forgot my credentials, took me straight to the welcome screen.

Codesmith says:

If you can reproduce this please shoot us a support email, although every new app will have a bug here and there we want it tight for our users! :)

suraj.das says:

don't we have such great Facebook clients?

Jaybotics says:

Everything looks good but the icon. I don't get it. It's so ugly, I couldn't ever have that on my homescreen. I am not a fan of the Gleek icon either, but meh. I guess I'll have to try both out when I switch over to WP.

sicnus says:

I think the agreement is highly technical and to much to ask of some people...

AraknidX says:

Another problem here with the app forgetting my account. Only had the one account authenticated and was using it great all last night and early this morning. Just gone to check my tweets when I got in the office and my account wasn't there and everything had been reset to defaults.

mworsham says:

I've had this happen twice in less than 24 hours.

jabtano says:

I, went and used all last night. an great I didn't notice any problems though and this is just me the white BG i can't get use to but that's me other than that it was grate my wife took a peek at it and though it was sleek so she went and got it and used it as well last night. all and all really nice on the lite end. nice job...

jrmunge says:

I love it!! :D

srikanthbala says:

Always loved Gleek! , but used it on a trial mode only. Just downloaded Cowlick. Looks impressive, but setting up the account timeline for the first time is taking ages! So do few other tabs!
Maybe i should try it under a wi-fi connection. Looks impressive though. Once fully ready to go it should be great hopefully!

cannon#WP says:

This will be perfect for me. I like Gleek but like the 360 dashboard, I skip past all of the extra stuff to get to what I want to do. I'll add my voice to the chorus of folks who'd like a dark theme.

Coming from iOS I am used to some fairly decent Twitter apps on that system. Namely Tweetbot & Twittelator Neue. When I made the move to WP I started the search of getting the same, or somewhat of the same, apps to use on my Lumia 800. The closest I could get for a Twitter client that I liked was Carbon. While I still use it I am, like others, miffed that Carbon is no longer supported in WP OS. So I started demo'ing new clients. The minute I fired up Gleek! I was taken aback as to how cumbersome it looked. I am also trying Rowi and Mehdoh, where so far I'm growing partial to the latter. However, I will try Cowlick! as well. I'm not a big fan of the names Liquid Daffodil use but that's just me. I really wish Twittelator Neue was available on WP. Oh well!

RellD05 says:

I loved Gleek!, but I ultimateley stopped using it because it was ridiculously sluggish on my HTC Arrive. Cowlick! has solved that problem completely! Amazing how much faster this app is just by striping the extra features that Gleek offers.

Outside of the prett ugly logo, and the lack of a dark theme (you really have no choice but to add on at this point LD lol), this app is great! May be my new main client...but it will be hard to knock of Mehdoh.

vmjoaquim says:

I had a problem as well. Closed & reopened the app & all of a sudden my account was gone & preferences were reset. This is the second time it happened. No idea why :/

willdoors says:

wpcentral says "...it doesn’t have those aforementioned features"
that's a LIE..... this version is THE SAME as the black geek version, the only difference is that is in white....... I wish it really didn't have those "it doesn’t have those aforementioned features"

willdoors says:

I wish CARBON developers give the source code to somebody else so he can continue with it..... carbon is STILL the best twitter app on WP!

jaded skies says:

Can these people ever up with come up with normal names?