Cyan Updates!

Windows Phones

Lumia 930 pre-orders begin in Norway Wednesday for July 10 launch

Windows Phones

Microsoft Store US site pulls pre-order listings for Nokia Lumia 635

Nokia Imaging SDK 1.2 released, Lumia SensorCore SDK out of private beta

Windows Phones

Microsoft teases possible launch date of a green Lumia or successor to the X

Microsoft partners with British designer to create wireless charging pants

Lumia 930 availability on Ireland's Meteor pushed back to mid-July

Nokia Lumia 920 and 820 Windows Phones surface on Ebay

Nokia Lumia 820

While we all wait for the new Nokia Lumia 920 and 820 Windows Phones to hit the store shelves, both are now popping up over on Ebay. The Lumia 920 is listed as $799 US and the Lumia 820 is coming in $699.

Both are listed as unlocked and while the listing states "Immediate Shipping" the fine print shows shipping delivery is estimated between November 15th and December 4th. While the shipping window is rather large, the seller is shipping worldwide.

Lumia 920 on Ebay

You should also note the description on the Lumia 920 states,

This is a brand new Lumia 920 black pre production line model (hand made). Comes with pre release software and may have bugs but phone may be updated as soon as it is released, all hardware is working perfectly. No box, but includes charger and usb cable. It is sold as it is.

There is similar language on the Lumia 820 listing.  The seller does have a 100% positive feedback from 133 responses but we still must throw out a cautionary buyer beware.

For those interested, you can find the Nokia Lumia 820 (red) listing here and the Nokia Lumia 920 (black) here at Ebay.

Thanks, Ashley, for the tip!

Comments

It is fake right?

Im not sure if its the same person, but yesterday somebody posted in The Verge forums that their friend who worked at Nokia gave them an 820 and 920 prototype because it was no longer of use to Nokia. The description is the exact description that the guy in the forums wrote so I think this is it. They said they were selling it on ebay. I cant find the post now because it is buried under all of the Surface and Windows 8 news.

paulheu says:

Nokia does not 'give away' prototypes. They are returned and (presumably) destroyed when no longer needed. More likely they were 'taken away' and nog given away.

Problem is they can easily be traced so whever ends up getting them might be in for a surprise down the line..

avidb says:

Surprisingly Nokia reps (at least up to a few years ago) were given the prototypes to play around/show around. And as far as I know they are given to them to keep, because I used to be a Rogers Wireless rep and big Nokia Fan, and had our Nokia rep give me his prototype as a thank you for pushing Nokia products.
It is a possibility that it is a authentic Lumia 920.

octavous79 says:

Im pretty certain this is fake. Look at what OS they are stating it has. Plus the storage amount is wrong.

Item specifics

Condition:

New other (see details): A new, unused item with absolutely no signs of wear. The item may be missing the original packaging, ... Read more

Brand:

Unlocked

Operating System:

Android

Storage Capacity:

1 GB

Features:

3G Data Capable, Bluetooth Enabled, GPS, Internet Browser, Music Player, Touch Screen, Wi-Fi Capable, Speakerphone

Color:

Red

dcastrog says:

tried to edit that, but ebay won't let me, so I stated on the ad the 920 doesnt come with android, but Windows Phone 8, Pureview and that stuff...however why am I talking about the 920? It is now sold. The 820 had that same mistake on ebays automatic ads, still up for sale :)

mognats says:

Lol. I pray no one gets one of these through the Ebay sellers. They're beyond over priced, AT&T is giving the 920 unlocked at 599.99 and it will come with all the goodies unlike this Ebay creeper. Also, if the phones come out on the 11th, then the shipping on this is useless seeing as it won't arrive until the 15th or later..

Darthmight says:

Agreed. But just keep in mind that the 920 from att at 600 is not unlocked. But rather off-contract. So you cannot use it on a differnent carrier untill you get an unlock code and if it is anything like the 900 it wont be for awhile.

Lundon44 says:

I love how the seller says "be the first!" to own it meanwhile it doesn't ship until well past the actual in-store release date. Also, why would anyone want to pay that kind of money for a possibly "buggy" 920 that probably arrives in a ziplock baggie.

dcastrog says:

Will ship immediatly

Lol not that desperate.

theefman says:

Not really news, unless you enjoy throwing money away. :)

aubreyq says:

Seriously (regarding the throwing money away part).

simzzdev says:

Sorry, unrelated, but what caught my eye at first was that you said that they "surface" on eBay. Pun not intended, right? :D

snowmutt says:

So made me giggle. Pun HAD to be intended.

CommonBlob says:

I'm patiently waiting and he is selling them! Curse him! :D

PeterFnet says:

"Surface" on eBay? Misread that as a Surface phone for a split second!

ajua says:

Too expensive and not the final production phones that will hit the stores worldwide.

I'm in for a Lumia 920 or an HTC 8X unlocked but but I will excercise some patience until they are finally in the stores/web.

I will not be doing the same mistake twice. I got my lumia 900 white through eBay and I received it with a Chinese/Japanese built while over priced and very very late. This time I am going with Clove on lumia 920 :)

It SURFACED on eBay?.... :P

snowmutt says:

Nope... Nothing suspicious here.

L0gic Bom8 says:

Not buying. Been there, almost did that. Not taking the chance of getting scammed. I'll buy from my AT&T store.

VagrantWade says:

This exact same guy advertised these on the Verge. They are pre-production devices.

david126 says:

I'll take the OG Lumia :[

dcastrog says:

Ok people, that's me, you should read the original post I made on TalkMaemo.org (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=87560)
I'm selling this protos, I have already sold 2 920 one going to Netherlands and the other one to Senegal. the 820 is still unsold.
As stated on the ad, they are protos, they sure have bugs, but talking about devices, protos do have collectionist value, because there are no other like them (just rare). I have also sold Nokias 808 and Lumia 800 at least 2 months before official release (you should check my profile on ebay).
If you are interested you can either buy the phone on ebay or send me an email.
ps. The ebay ad has errors such as android os and others, but I cannot edit those, won't let me. I can tell you is that it is a genuine 920 and 820, not chinese knockoffs. The same treatment I gave to the 808 and 800 ;)

Why the wait for delivery?

jdep1 says:

You still have the windows phone surface? (sarcasm) Aside from that to WP central I love reading your articles but eBay advertising in here with the seller also checking in here to see who buys his phones is so unprofessional.

Why? The phone is for real, I have it. So judging people without knowing things is REALLY unprofessional.

Hi all,
Maybe late, but I am the one who bought it, and it is real. I have it. The phone works great, however there is not the final version of WP8 installed. Hopefully the phone can be updated. The buyer can be trusted.