Microsoft 'betrayed' Finland, says Finnish finance minister of layoffs

Windows Phones

Lumia 930 pre-orders begin in Norway Wednesday for July 10 launch

Windows Phones

Microsoft Store US site pulls pre-order listings for Nokia Lumia 635

Nokia Imaging SDK 1.2 released, Lumia SensorCore SDK out of private beta

Windows Phones

Microsoft teases possible launch date of a green Lumia or successor to the X

Microsoft partners with British designer to create wireless charging pants

Lumia 930 availability on Ireland's Meteor pushed back to mid-July

Lumia 1320, 630 availability expand to Argos Ireland

Nokia Ireland confirms Lumia 930 launch on July 3

Detailed AT&T customer data inappropriately accessed by unlocking company

Windows Phones

Nokia Lumia 635 going on sale in Singapore on Saturday

Nokia updates Network+ again

< >

AT&T selling wired Nokia Purity Headphones for $99

Nokia Purity Headphones

AT&T are selling Nokia Purity Headphones by Monster for just $99. The wired headsets comes packed with in-line media controls to manipulate music playback, with comfortable fitting being featured as a highlighted selling point.

Note that these Purity Headphones are not the new Pro ones that were demonstrated earlier this year - this model is wired with no NFC or Bluetooth connectivity. It's good to see Windows Phones listed as compatible devices too.

If you're all set with a Lumia 920 pre-order, be sure to check out this deal to pick up some quality headphones for Xbox Music.

Source: AT&T, via: Windows Phone Daily

Comments

erzhik says:

I am trying to resist the urge to buy these.. Trying to wait for the Purity Pro.

chriscookz says:

Was so excited when I saw this thinking they were the wireless ones, but I guess not. Still look like a decent pair of headphones, but not what I'm looking for, so I'll have to pass.

IDK, I'm an in-ear person so I can have it in one ear and listen to people. That, and those don't fit in my pocket, haha. I'll probably stick with the ones that came with my Zune (assuming they don't break) or PRAY that Nokia's giving us a decent pair with the 920.

Otherwise...ehh, it's almost Christmas.

eserrano250 says:

Have u tried the in ear purity headphones? They're pretty good.

DaSchnee says:

The ones that come with the 920 are crap... At least compared to my Bose MIE2

Residing says:

Wouldn't any pair of in ear earbuds packed with a cell phone be *crap* compared to your Bose MIE2's?

vemulasri says:

I dont think the Nokia boxes have ear buds in them.  I did not get one in my Lumia 900. Is this different this time?

KeegdnaB42 says:

That's a really good price actually. I paid that much for the in ear version at the Microsoft store about a month ago and I've been really impressed by them so far.

What about the in ear one?

ymcpa says:

I saw those being sold on Amazon for $79. I think they are normally $99.

jmerrey says:

Word of advice: avoid these. Quite thin sounding, and the controller works very sporadically when the screen is off.

kunwar_91 says:

Thats quite a steal .. In India these are available for more than $200

willied says:

There are plenty of better headphones on the market for this price.

Too bad the controls don't work when your phone's screen is off

/angry owner

venom5150 says:

I have the Nokia L900 and don't have this issue after the last update. They work great. Great sound, comfortable, I don't have any complaints.

rutvik19 says:

Can you guys do a review on these? I'm curious if they are actually worth the $100 vs other headphones.

jmerrey says:

Sure! I'd put their worth at $20. Why $20? Because you get a windows phone compatible 3 button controller. If you can find it for $20 and own a w8 device, I'd say get it...

cdb033 says:

I'll stick with my V-Modas!! Pure premium sound, but the Purity do look to be a nice set of headphones.

Cristoby says:

"... just $99....": I own professional, studio use headphones that cost me much less. You are paying for fashion.

Just curious, what are the headphones you own?

bbqrooster says:

I want to know where you can get the professional ones at much less than $99. Are those the parking lot specials?

expectafight says:

So because of the amount of people talking clear outta their ass on this, I feel it's necessary for me to jump in here.

Nokia gave these out as a door price at the 920/820 event in the city and I actually won a pair of the red ones.
Since this is the internet, here's the link: http://i.imgur.com/2mslS.jpg

The Nokia BH 905i's are the best pair of Nokia headphone's I've ever had, this is a distant second because the noise cancelling is only in design of the ear cup (I have 4 pairs of Nokia headphones.  2 BT, one ear bud and these).

• The music controls work when the screen is on.  On some phones, like the Titan 2 and the Venue Pro, it actually wakes up the device when you pause, rewind or fast fwd.
  • Pause/play is tapping the multifunction button in the middle once.  Double tap is fast fwd.  triple tap in under the first 3 secs of the song playing and it skips back a track.  If you do it past 3 seconds, it replays that track.
  • The music controls work on a limited basis with music apps.  play/pause works on apps like slacker or last.fm and grafitti.  So does volume up.  None of the skips work.  (With BT headsets, it's kind of the same thing but when you hit fwd or rewind, it replays that track in certain apps like grafitti, neat trick).
  • The cable that runs from the headset to the device is detachable and 2 came in the package.  One with the remote, one without.  Both had a mic on line though.  I've found no difference in quality between the two cables.

venom5150 says:

Well put. I think they are excellent and I like how they fold down in the case they come with easy scratch free transport. I paid $200 in April and use them all the time.

GSOgymrat says:

I have these headphones and I have had no problems with the controls with Xbox Music, Nokia Music or Spotify. The are very comfortable on my ears, better than other on-ear models I have tried. The mic works very well. The sound quality is pretty good but not top notch. Highs and lows are decent but mid-range is a little thin. I have the Bose QuietComfort 15 which I like for active noise cancellation and sound but I find myself using the Purity headphones most of the time because of the controls and functional mic.

TheMofaDe says: