Verizon to put some limits on unlimited data

Verizon's second quarter profits soar, highest recorded revenue in six quarters

Smart Rewards program pays you in promotions for your loyalty to Verizon

HTC 8X for Verizon picks up small update, no Windows Phone 8.1 yet

Verizon confirms adding support for LTE phones to ALLSET prepaid plans July 17

Xbox

Microsoft reportedly offering $75 credit to Xbox 360 users to upgrade to an Xbox One

Windows Phones

The journey of the Windows Phone platform and state of the ecosystem

These Windows Phones take advantage of Verizon XLTE

Here are Verizon's initial XLTE cities

Verizon flips switch on AWS-enhanced XLTE

FCC votes to limit AT&T, Verizon involvement in mid-2015 spectrum auction

HTC W8 reported to be a 'flagship' Windows Phone 8.1 release for Verizon

Verizon pushes out firmware update for Nokia Lumia Icon

General Accessories

Nokia Treasure Tag now available from Verizon so you can tag all of your things

Verizon pushes FCC to reconsider restrictions on upcoming spectrum auction

Windows Phones

Nokia Lumia Icon drops to $99.99 on-contract from Verizon

Verizon Wireless's Q1 2014 results see $21 billion in revenue and 539,000 postpaid subscribers

Verizon to give discounts to customers with off-contract phones

Verizon giving 1GB of free data along with new tablet activations

Samsung ATIV SE official, now up for pre-order at Verizon

Verizon sets up Windows Phone promotion using Live Tiles for launch

Verizon Live Tile

Verizon is starting pre-orders for the Nokia Lumia 822, the carrier exclusive version of the Lumia 820, and it seems the US network is gearing up for a Windows Phone push in the states. Photos have been published to Twitter of what appears to be a Live Tiles promotion set up for the platform.

Located in downtown Seattle, the Verizon Windows Phone 8 launch with the effort displayed already is a good sign of what could come from the carrier. We're expecting to see some effective marketing taking place.

Check out another shot below.

Verizon Live Tile

Source: Matthew Miller (1) (2)

Comments

Gigantuouse says:

That second shot is really messing with my head... Is the Windows logo jumping off of the read box?

Agent-P says:

There's a sheet of glass on the right half of the photo with a frosted Windows logo on it. You can see some lights reflected in it.

Gigantuouse says:

lol didn't see that on my phone. Now my head doesn't hurt.

TofuDelight says:

The first shot is even weirder.  Where is the glass?

Agent-P says:

My guess is there's a glass cube around the red...cube. But to me the fact the the Windows logo in the first picture isn't centred is what's throwing me off.

NIST says:

Some sort of Chriss Angel magic act.

mrtimn7 says:

you can see the mirror reflection there. so the logo are not attached in the box.

rich182x#WP says:

What about the 8X?!?!

Jojogill says:

Anyone else notice that the color seen in the picture is red? Big Red...Verizon...

MadDogFL62 says:

Now we're talking!

JoeDizzle33 says:

Right in my backyard. I work bout a mile from Westlake center.

smontoya2 says:

Awesome they're promoting WP. But with 822. Really? Would be even better if they had an unexpected announcement variant of the 920. On contract but will wait for in store demos before thinking of switching carriers for a preferred device.

Lol. Verizon is doing more with the 822 than at&t is doing with the 920. I thought at&t was supposed to be the premier dealer, not Verizon.

L0gic Bom8 says:

I know! AT&T had better get with the program. Verizon is starting starting to show they mean serious business here.

mjfadaway says:

99 bucks and a free wireless charger counts for something

Odog4ever says:

Yeah I was going to say, no promotion but a killer price and bonus accessory.

AT&T has that "hello" commercial with the Lumia 920 but they conviently forget to mention the name of the phone or Windows Phone period.

ZuNuKoo says:

"Hello!" Verizon. :)

nwildcat says:

The price may be good but the free wireless charger hasn't been promoted anywhere. The 920 isn't even on the front page of AT&T.  The 920 can't be a success without some innovative and aggressive advertising on AT&T's part. The commercial where its not even mentioned by name doesn't count to me.

It's nice, but doesn't grab attention like this Verizon spectacle. Also, Verizon won't screw up their launch.

L0gic Bom8 says:

Agreed, but I want the carrier to do something more outrageous!

Honestly , the 920 is a niche phone, for those who wanna make a statement...the 810,820 and 822 are the workhorses, capable of displaying both windows 7 and 8 apps flawlessly, sd cards for mass storage, killer glove proof screens and the Carl Zeiss lens...they are easily the best all around , inexpensive yet bold windows phones on the market...and that has honestly swayed me to get one over the 8x. ..they deserve a large push...

aubreyq says:

That is true. I'm pretty much sold on the 920 but I want to see the 820 in person just in case I go with it.

If it was expensive, the 920 would be niche, but at $99 you get something that outside of weight/thickness and app selection (sorry, it's true) destroys the competition. All at $200 less than the same storage unit of the iPhone 5.

easendejas says:

Im so ready to get rid of this iphone!! Come on WP8!!

TwinBitz says:

The square is the same as what's on there wp8 page on there web site!

ZuNuKoo says:

I need to check the Verizon website its been awhile since I looked. Only go to pay my bill. Need to see what's out there for new WPs. (from Verizon, and how much)

heeeey !!! LOSERS from T-losermobile !!!!  WAKE UP !!!!

DaveGx says:

This is nice and all, but neither Verizon phone is really all that appealing. Though I admit, I am biased against HTC.  Ive had a couple different HTC phones already, and just have had a bad experience with them. Currently on the Trophy and I cant wait to ditch it, but I wont be ditching it for either of these phones.

Gittles says:

Neat.  I'm planning to pick up the 920 from the AT&T store a block aware from Westlake Center. I'll stop through their dog and pony show on my way home.

NIST says:

Has anyone seen all the Nokia Lumia 920 commercials suddenly flooding the airwaves?

nwildcat says:

No, I haven't. Did you see them tonight? Just a minute ago, on a completely different non-tech site, I had ads that were for the 920 but when I clicked, they led me to the Nokia site. Very nice that they have started but AT&T definitely needs to start things up as well.

NIST says:

Ya, I haven't seen a damn thing either.

toddpart says:

I was in London all this past week and there was a 920 ad on in every commercial bridge on tv...i couldn't wait to get home tonight and get ready to hit my AT&T store in the morning :-)

hapishyguy says:

it could have been better with Tiles made of medium think glass that were able to revolve by itself OR use LCD's with pictures or logos of the apps.

diego15nets says:

Pre-order is up! http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/index.html tried it but phones don't show up :/ I guess they'll show up at 1am. 10 minutes!

garyjk says:

blue and black show ship by 11/13, red shows 11/21

erichon99 says:

I'm trying to access Verizon preorder, but not getting through.  I might just order red 8x off contract

nwildcat says:

Try it again, I think they've finished fully updating the site. When I first checked it had Pre-Order buttons and a general combined WP8 page but not much else. Now each phone has a detailed product page and they are showing up when you go through the order process this time.

erichon99 says:

I'd be hit with a $200 early termination...they did offer me to keep me with an early upgrade option, but at $200 for another 2 yrs of uncertainty, I can't deal with that. I'd rather just pay straight up and if I decide to switch, I'll just use the 8x as a Zune player.

bsd107 says:

Verizon is about to lose me to the Lumia 920 on ATT.  The complete and utter lack of info on the Oddessy means I can't even consider how it compares to the 920.
I wish Verizon would stop worrying about distracting from it's Note 2 launch and just show us the Oddessy already.

odin09 says:

I was convinced the Oddessey was a midrange Samsung sure to disappoint.  Recently I have seen it referred to as the Verizon Ativ S Oddessy so quite possibly there is hope that it is the top end Ativ.  I don't really know who they are attempting to woo with all of this secrecy.  It's not like the iphone that has legions hanging on their every word.  All they are doing is annoying us faithful Windows Phone users.

erichon99 says:

I found hard to believe that a mid range phone would have such a large screen so hopefully it is a flagship

ketchupman36 says:

I walked by this today as I headed to the AT&T store to pick up a Lumia 920.  Sorry Verizon