Microsoft 'betrayed' Finland, says Finnish finance minister of layoffs

New Treasure Tag app update ditches the 'Nokia' brand

Microsoft shows off wireless charging in latest Lumia 930 ad

UK officials follow US counterparts by banning electronics that have no charge from boarding flights

New Nokia MixRadio update ditches the 'Nokia' brand

Windows Phones

Lumia 930 pre-orders begin in Norway Wednesday for July 10 launch

Windows Phones

Microsoft Store US site pulls pre-order listings for Nokia Lumia 635

Nokia Imaging SDK 1.2 released, Lumia SensorCore SDK out of private beta

Windows Phones

Microsoft teases possible launch date of a green Lumia or successor to the X

Microsoft partners with British designer to create wireless charging pants

Lumia 930 availability on Ireland's Meteor pushed back to mid-July

Lumia 1320, 630 availability expand to Argos Ireland

Nokia Ireland confirms Lumia 930 launch on July 3

Windows Phones

Nokia Lumia 635 going on sale in Singapore on Saturday

Nokia updates Network+ again

Nokia to offer free wireless charging plates for those who purchase a Lumia 920, 820 from Phones4u

Nokia Free Charger

Nokia's 'Free Wireless Charger' page has been live for a while, but registration isn't quite ready / open yet. The Finnish manufacturer has however published the terms and conditions, which reveal exactly what will be on offer and who will be eligible for said free gear. Those who purchase either the Lumia 920 or Lumia 820 through Phones4u will be able to claim a free wireless charging plate.

To be eligible for the free offer, a promotional Lumia 920 or Lumia 820 must have been purchased through a Phones4u store, online or via the call centre between November 2nd and December 31st. This is restricted to residents of the UK and Republic of Ireland and opens tomorrow, November 16th. This appears to be a somewhat similar deal to the free Lumia 820 wireless charging shells for O2 customers.

Registrations for the plate must be completed at least 14 days after purchasing the qualified Windows Phone where personal information and the device IMEI number will need to be entered. The wireless charging plate will subsequently be sent within 28 days of form completion. A pretty neat offer to further incentivise the purchase of a Lumia Windows Phone. be sure to get in touch with Nokia should you be unsure if you'll be eligible before making the purchase.

Source: Nokia (terms); thanks, Malte, for the heads up!

Comments

DroBoy says:

What about us Lumia 810 ?

I, too, love an eager beaver.

tacofiend says:

Nothing for the Canadian folks who didn't get one either? We just keep getting screwed a little more on this release...

Dos101 says:

It's almost like they want us to take our money elsewhere.....

WinFan1 says:

Lame, o well ill just buy one it isnt a big deal...

isi mcf says:

Oh well, glad a got a free one with purchase. Congrats to the buyers of phones4u!

mase123987 says:

Now if I would ever get mine from AT&T....

jason8957 says:

Yes, I am also awaiting my free wireless charging pad on backorder from AT&T.

Listen97 says:

Dang so not for US customers. Sad because the Best Buy Mobile I went to didn't get any with the 5 phones they received and I knew of this offer so I didnt' press the issue to get a raincheck. Might have to contact AT&T and Best Buy.

DaSchnee says:

I payed 599€ for this device and get nothing but people who bought it on contract get a free charger? That's not fair,..

Abdul9 says:

Well welcome to democracy. I also bought mine and got nothing free. Unfair? I guess unlucky will be more presise,

dlusted says:

Its a promotional offer with Phones4u, so if you purchased a Lumia 920 (on contract or other) from Phones4u, you are eligible....

How hard is it to understand?!?

venetasoft says:

Cmon dont cry, if u dont want to buy it for 49€, can find a compatible one for 9.99 on eBay ;)

chriscookz says:

"Registrations for the plate must be completed at least 14 days after purchasing the qualified Windows Phone" This is a little ambiguous, and could be read either as "must be completed within 14 days" or "must be completed after at least 14 days have passed." Just a heads up ;-)

Dan Strong1 says:

he offer can be redeemed by visiting www.nokiafreecharger.com, 14 days after purchase and entering the unique code printed on this sticker
This sticker? What unique code?

hallam555 says:

You get a code on a sticker in the box with all the other bits and pieces. I am waiting delivery of my white 920 from phones 4 u and my free wireless charger!!!

eepyaich says:

I bought my Lumia 920 in a phone4u store last week and there was no evidence of a sticker (other than the one on the box with the IMEI).  To be fair, the staff in the shop knew nothing about the free charger offer either - I had to point out that their display indicated they were offering this; their advice was to wait until this week when they expected to get stock in store and just show my receipt.  Since then, they've not had any stock and @phones4u on twitter have told me to check out the offer on the web.

Currently waiting for http://www.nokiafreecharger.com/ to go live to see exactly what they are expecting.

eepyaich says:

OK - now the site is up and accepting entries, it looks like you need to wait until 14 days have passed before ordering your charger (the drop down for purchase date is currently starting at 2nd November and working back).
I'm still concerned that I never received a sticker with the "unique code", though.  I'll have to give the helpline a call...

KrankyKoder says:

Well crap! That site was half the reason I decided to buy my 3 phones at Best Buy instead of AT&T direct. Should have known was too good to be true.
Now I have to fork over $50 each for wireless charger(s).

PaulN69 says:

Don't want to rub salt in,but... EE in the UK are also offering free wireless charging pad with 920. Got mine (white) Monday instore with phone (black).

Tr1cky49 says:

Are they? I got my 920 at the weekend and didn't get offered a charger... Got any POS proof that i can use when i call them up?

guyverl says:

Yeah, i didn't get a charger either though i did get some free headphones. Would love it if i could get some proof to call them up as i really wanted that wireless plate!!!!

WinFan1 says:

hey has anyone else noticed to fools at zdnet bashing the crap out of microsoft? whats up with them ive seen like 9 stories posted just knifing microsoft in the back.

craigbutters says:

Phones4U were also offering the first 500 web customers a Nokia Play 360 nfc enabled speaker too!
I'm hoping I'm one of the lucky 500!

dlusted says:

Nope, you won't be one as I was one and had my order for the 920 back on the 5th Nov.... So you're a bit late to the party :)

Hopefully they offer something for those in the USA buying the phone at off contract pricing.

tissotti says:

They are not elsewhere and this is more Phone4u related than Nokia. I would certainly not hold my breath.
I buy around 3 unlocked phones a year and never have i received anything for free.

No free charger/give-away for German Nokia customers at all? How nice.

stjimmie says:

I got mine from phones4u and i also go a free Nokia play 360 speaker (awesome) with my black 920.. Just waiting for the page to go live so i could get my charger!

higginsworld says:

I got mine from phones4u online. Does anyone know where this so called "unique code" is?

@Stjimmie - did u order online or instore?

stjimmie says:

I ordered mine online, the emie number should be on the phone box ,the bit you pull out, its a sticker with barcodes and some numbers.

stjimmie says:

Go to Nokiafreecharger.com and it should give you instructions to order it.

uktivo says:

Purchased mine unlocked from clove. Paid £528 for it and get nothing.. Oh well... Such is life.

bono5112 says:

Still waiting for mine

Bomberfrog says:

Just called them as i didnt get a Sticker/code... They told me to leave the field blank as its not mandatory. Think they expected the stickers to be missing on some... now I have to wait a week before I can order my one...

eepyaich says:

Thanks for the info - you've saved me a call to work out what to do as I didn't get a code either.  As you, though, I need to wait until Friday to actually apply.

bibek08 says:

whats the uniquie code? is the barcode number??

Tr1cky49 says:

I had a small sticker with what looks a bit like a QR code (but isn't) on it. It's a 9 digit code so I'll give that a try when i can register in a week's time.