Official PayPal app gets updated for Windows Phone 8

In a small update for Windows Phone, the official PayPal app has been updated to version 2.2 and making it Windows Phone 8 compatible.

All that really means is it has been run through the new SDK with the code tweaked up a bit. In this case, we’ve noticed two new changes including the addition of a doublewide Tile for your frequent PayPal’ers and fast-resume, allowing you to tap that Tile without having to re-launch the app...

Those are small things but they can make a big usability difference for everyday users. In addition, the extra little performance boost is always welcomed. Notice any other changes? Give us a holla in comments.

Pick up the official PayPal app for Windows Phone here in the Store. Thanks, Atif A., for the tip

QR: Paypal

Comments

isi mcf says:

I really want the credit card reader compatibility.

jrnag24 says:

That would be amazing

jerrynomenon says:

there is an external credit card reader for iPhone...

upupandawol says:

Can't wait to download this on my en route yellow 920

Sinabu says:

Looks like they added push notifications as well

PhilR8 says:

dear god, has anyoone actually used the update?  It combined the skeumorphic aspects of iOS (fabric texture for background, stitching!!!! between panorama title and content) with Metro-style panorama control.  Very smooth but my eyes are bleeding.

Looks incredibly good to me.

lippidp says:

Yeah, and no landscape support (at least for the login screen).

jasongw says:

Agreed, it's HIDEOUS. I hope to hell they get rid of that bullshit stitching graphic garbage.

I like the update. Most apps on the 8x don't fill the entire screen but this update fixed that problem.

DenniSundaY says:

Yes, I have the same problem (every 8x user has that of course). Some apps are already updated for WP8 and the new screen resolution and some games too (angry birds space and starwars are the only 2 I own that are in the 16:9 ratio). But I have too many apps and games which are not using the full screen size, and I think that's a missed change. But I hope they are all developing there apps and games for WP8 so every app make's use of the screen size and resolution, and also other WP8 functions like the notification icons in the lock screen. I really want to see wordfeud and whatsapp get that lockscreen feature, and also the wpcentral app can use that too ;)

paulomalley says:

Not available in Australia...

noshiro21 says:

im still waiting for Paypal Here

Ebaneeezor says:

Nice looking ap - hopefully others will look at this aps design as a model.. looks clean and a nice blend of ios and wp8..

noshiro21 says:

Hmmm!!!
The update was never push to my phone(lumia 920).
I had to delete my app, the. Download it again which it is now 2.2, I had 1.1 before.
Something wrong with my automatic updates?

NickA says:

It wasn't pushed to my phone either.  And now it doesn't log me in.  Guess I'll delete and retry.

synthman4 says:

STILL can't get app in Australia. Anyone heard anything?

castewa88 says:

I downloaded 2.2, and now the PayPal app crashes every time I try to open it.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but that didn't help.

Same here, running WP8 on my Nokia Lumia 920. As soon as I signin, the app will close and send me back to the app tray. The version before the update worked perfectly fine. Why "fix" what isn't broken only to break it and make it unusable? Thanks for the trolling PayPal.

I tried searching PayPal in the app store...looks like it's been pulled!
GG PayPal :P

Did not install in Finland on Lumia 920. Store says: incompatible. Succeeded with old WP7.5 phone couple of months ago :(

revstew says:

It disappeared from the app store for wp8 Lumia 920

D0gsballs says:

Doesn't appear to be available anymore for the Lumia 920 in the UK?