Demo of the Animated Lock Screen for 8.1

Official BlueFly app brings a boutique fashion experience to Windows Phone

Weather Hound updated with transparent Live Tile support

Awesome Lock updated in preparation for the World Cup

Grab this free app now to keep your Windows Phone Lockscreen fresh

Flipkart adds new features and improvements to their Windows Phone app

Bollywood entertainment portal, Koimoi, launches official Windows Phone 8 app

Windows 8 Apps+Games

Pinpointer launches on Windows 8 to help you find the perfect Twitter client

Middle East's leading newspaper, Khaleej Times, arrives on Windows Phone

Add to Contacts receives update to enable Microsoft Account sync

CNET comes to Windows Phone with all its Tech-Savviness

Windows

Can't decide on which Twitter client to download? There's an upcoming app for that!

Tonido released for Windows Phone 8 for remote access to your home computer

‘Add to Contacts’ fills in the gaps on Windows Phone 8.1 by helping you save those searches

Another day, another official app in India, Airtel Money arrives on Windows Phone 8

Bollywood Hungama makes a comeback on Windows Phone 8 for Bollywood fans

Boxcryptor comes to Windows Phone and Windows 8, allows you to encrypt all data you send to the cloud

How To

Customizing your Windows Phone Lockscreen

Official Facebook beta updates with bug fixes and more reliable notifications

Fhotoroom gets an updated, adds in-app store and new editing tools

Liquid Daffodil kicks off ‘Free 4 Fans Project’ with Locksider Win Phone 8 app

Windows Phone developers Liquid Daffodil are back at making Windows Phone fans excited with their legion of apps including Cowlick! glƏƏk!, Cumulotweetus and Outsider. The latest one is called Locksider and we think Windows Phone 8 users are going to be excited.

Locksider is an app many people have been looking for: an automatic Lock screen wallpaper changer, offering high quality images updated on a regular basis. The app features numerous categories that you can choose from to suit your taste and the user has control on how often it should update your lock screen from once an hour to once a day. Don’t want it to update at all but instead do it manually? You can do that as well by browsing through categories and force updating the lock screen image of your choosing.

The app has been submitted to the Store and should be available this week—we’ll keep you posted. So far, it’s working very well on our device and it looks great.

The app is part of a new initiative by Liquid Daffodil called ‘Free 4 Fans’ (F4F) and works like this:

“Liquid Daffodil is in the process of developing eight (8) clean, cool, useful (or just fun and original) apps and tools apps (the first 3 are already complete) that will be competitively priced in the Windows Phone Store, and available to anyone for purchase, but FREE for die-hard users of specific Liquid Daffodil apps. As you may know, our venture into the Windows Phone world began with …I’m a WP7!, now Outsider, and users of the app accumulate “Cutter” through activity, forum participation, unlocking of Easter Eggs, etc. in the app. We are now letting users “buy” apps will their accumulated Cutter!”

Indeed, that is a neat way to thank your audience and if Locksider is any indication, those other 7 apps that are coming down the pike should be some picker uppers.

We’ll let you know when Locksider goes live in the Windows Phone Store. It will fetch for $0.99 or 5000 Cutter points. For now, you can watch our teaser video to see what it’s all about!

Comments

Drewidian says:

I've got about 10 Apps that make use of this feature now, but I hate having to choose which one to post as my lock screen. If I had an app that could grab the latest wallpaper update every half hour or hour from all of them and then cycle through them along with wall picture wallpaper folders I select, that would be great.

Kenjoe says:

Ahh cant wait for this app to release

ZuNuKoo says:

I'm curious to know how many people actually have a wp8 now compared to wp7. I know I'm still stuck on wp7 until April. I'd also like to know before and after Christmas season. Of course not accurate only people who read this site/and vote. It's sad seeing all these new and exciting apps come out and I'll forget about them by the time I can upgrade to a new phone. But it's also good seeing so many come out.

RafRol says:

If you have the WPCentral App, then you could just save these articles to your offline list for reference.

ZuNuKoo says:

That's what I've been doing. But of there are free apps. And there will be. We get nothing (on WP7) As son as I get a wp8 it'll be worth it.

gtbuzz says:

I'd love to see an app that gives some sort of server-side option to update your lockscreen. I see this really useful if you lose your phone but have a password on it. You could change the lockscreen to give someone directions for contacting you.

Grim Santo says:

Does this have the option to use your own images?

Gilceleb says:

@ZuNuKoo : You should install Outsider, and at least you will known how many Outsider users are on WP7 or WP8 (and a lot more info) in the statistic rubric.

ZuNuKoo says:

I forgot about that app ever since it changed the name. One of the first apps I've installed. Going to check if out now. (again) thanks.

goldenboyx92 says:

I'm not too impressed with this app since we can set Bing's daily pic as our wallpaper with wp8

Codesmith says:

That's true, you always have Bing, but there are few important differences here, for example, Locksider allows you to select and control what types/categories of images you use, let's you change them immeidately or on a preferred schedule, but more importantly, these images come from a large, hand-picked collection of images specifically designed for use on Lockscreens, which take into consideration things like white areas where dates and notifications may be. Bing will also always have "nice and generalized" images, as they have to appeal to the masses, and not offend anyone.
There will always be other apps to change your wallpaper, but the goal of Locksider is to provide cool wallpapers in a unique way.

cmorgado says:

I've submited an App that allows you to choose from your photos the ones to appear randomly on your lockscreen!
no need to be connected , works offline and above ALL IT'S FREE

I believe it will be available later this week...

look for LockScreenPlus

Nice! That's what I'm looking for.

Steephill says:

I'd pay for that! Exactly what I'm looking for.

Agpe17 says:

When will this be out in the store?? Want this pretty bad...

Vheissu says:

The new WP Central animation looks really good

Codesmith says:

...and remember, the cool, great thing about all of this is the ability for fans to get some great apps for free, just because they're fans. Our hope is that other developers hop on board with these types of things to create great experiences for Windows Phone users. :)

Rick Smits says:

They love making apps. Props to them

big_slim750 says:

Liquid Daffodil will get my money every single time! I love the support they give to the platform!

SofaTester says:

This sounds awesome!

I love the Bing pics, but sometimes the pics are pretty bland and boring and there is no option to change it, stuck with it.

Not to mention it doesn't always update every day, at least for me. This app sounds perfect.

shalgrim says: