Flickpic for Windows Phone offers a cool way to share photos with others

Venture into the world of art photography with Lomography apps for Windows Phone

Bing introduces Image Match to help you find the right picture

Windows 8 Apps+Games

Check This Out: Museums of The World - explore the world from your couch

Spice up your Windows Phone photography with Instafont, now with a special deal

How To

Tip: Create your own photo album folders on your Windows Phone

Revealed – The Nokia Lumia 929, Verizon’s 5 inch 1080P Windows Phone

Windows 8 Apps+Games

Microsoft gets creative - launches four stellar Windows 8.1 apps

More images of the AT&T Lumia 1520 are leaked online

Supposed images of a Nokia Lumia smartwatch leak, revealing a mysterious black device

Tips

How to weed out your Nokia Lumia 1020 high resolution image files

Instagraph updated, adds filters, lens support and more

Nokia Lumia 1520 - Two more photos of the 6-inch device leak from China

New photos emerge of the 6-inch Nokia Lumia 1520

How To

How to gain back Temporary memory by moving photos out of SkyDrive: fast forward time

Casual Connect 2013 Wrap-up: Windows Phone and Windows 8 report card

Phototastic for Windows Phone updated with a new user interface and more

GeoPhoto for Windows Phone allows editing and adding of geotags to your memories

Developers

Hands on with FBX Review for Windows 8 at the Autodesk Gallery in San Francisco

Windows 8 Apps+Games

First look: Full featured Instagram client, InstaPic, headed to Windows 8 devices

deviantART: Windows Phone App Review

deviantART for Windows Phone

deviantART is a popular photography/art website and the deviantART app brings it all to your Windows Phone. It not only pulls in the 240 million plus photos and pieces of art from deviantART but also allow you manage your deviantART inbox, favorites, gallery and other deviantART account features from your Windows Phone.

deviantART's main pages cover the newest deviations(images), a Me page that covers your account's gallery, notices, feedback and deviantWatch, and a search page that allows you to search by deviation, author or category. Individual Artists's pages, such as Dalantech, will display the gallery of images and the artist's favorites. Images can be saved to your Windows Phone and shared via Twitter.

deviantART

From the three dot menu you will find two button controls, one to refresh the page and another to access the app's configuration. Configuration options include turning on/off mature content and the auto login feature and your search settings.

While deviantART isn't an official app for deviantART.com, it represents the website extremely well. Providing access to all the photographic art on deviantART is great but providing access to your deviantART.com account really makes this app shine. For the most part, the app ran smoothly but I did experience a few delays in connecting to deviantART.com.  Nothing to drive you crazy but the delays were noticeable.

It would be nice to be able to share deviations through email, SMS or Facebook though. It would also be nice to have a home button somewhere to get you quickly to deviantART's main pages.

While there is slight room for improvement, deviantART is a very nice client app for your Windows Phone. deviantART is currently running $1.49 and you can find deviantART here at the Windows Phone Store. You do need a deviantART.com account (free) to use this app.

QR: deviantART

Comments

L0gic Bom8 says:

Hard to say how I feel about the pricing. If it were the official app, I'd consider it.

Lych says:

I have to agree. The app is unofficial and while I welcome it's addition to the store, it could run a bit cheaper.

FFugue says:

I find it strange that people can make money selling an app that simply takes information from a website and displays it in a nice way without the ads. So in a way they steal money from deviantArt by giving us access to an ad free version of the website, and they make money with it.

I'll keep using the mobile version of the official website.

DHX says:

If it had a Lockscreen component to it, it would be an instant purchase for me. There's currently a dearth of good lockscreen wallpaper auto-changing apps out there right now.

sym1a1a says:

Off topic, question, Daniel in the WPCentral app, in the forums my "participated in" column it has not updated since the upgrade to the app, is there a setting that I'm missing or is there a way to manually refresh this list? Not able to track my posts or those that I have participated in, thanks

FacilisDK says:

So... I'm supposed to pay for something unofficial, and that I can get for free, the official way? Issent this app breaking deviantarts terms?

WaywardBus says:

If it's deviant art browsing you're looking for, try Tola. Works for me!

Kormiko says:

Yeah.  Tola does the job.  Not sure about the name.  Most people would skip it based on the name alone since it doesn't sound like a DeviantArt type app.  Same thing with Gleek.  I probably wouldn't know it was a Twitter client if I hadn't heard about it on here.

cloetn says:

It has no problem getting downloads. I know it's a strange name but I didn't want something cliché like 'DeviantArt explorer'
People mostly heard about here via wpcentral, wmpoweruser etc. And it's currently climbing in the category ranking. And if someone tries searching for DeviantArt on the marketplace they will find it as well.

I have pushed an update for the app yesterday night. It involves some graphic changes, mature filter, you can now download a picture straight away etc. I'm already working on the next one. I almost finished my code to grab the comments from a specific Deviation

You can always follow Tola on Twitter.

caesar500 says:

Right, Tola is my choice until an official app comes out.

FacilisDK says:

That Tola app is actually really good! Didn't knew about that, until now.

cloetn says:

There is a new update coming soon :)

You can always follow Tola on Twitter.

WaywardBus says:

That's great to hear, cloetn. Keep up the good work!

i dont see the big deal with people complaining about paying. alot of us pay for 3rd party twitter apps, even free twitter apps that they get no ad revenue from with promoted tweets etc.

AkariUn says:

Thanks a lot for the review n.n I really apreciate it