Microsoft 'betrayed' Finland, says Finnish finance minister of layoffs

Windows Phones

Lumia 930 pre-orders begin in Norway Wednesday for July 10 launch

Windows Phones

Microsoft Store US site pulls pre-order listings for Nokia Lumia 635

Nokia Imaging SDK 1.2 released, Lumia SensorCore SDK out of private beta

Windows Phones

Microsoft teases possible launch date of a green Lumia or successor to the X

Microsoft partners with British designer to create wireless charging pants

Lumia 930 availability on Ireland's Meteor pushed back to mid-July

Lumia 1320, 630 availability expand to Argos Ireland

Nokia Ireland confirms Lumia 930 launch on July 3

Detailed AT&T customer data inappropriately accessed by unlocking company

Windows Phones

Nokia Lumia 635 going on sale in Singapore on Saturday

Nokia updates Network+ again

Nokia Purity Headphones once again available for just $99 from AT&T

Nokia Purity Headphones

AT&T are once again selling the wired Nokia Purity Headphones for just $99 from its online store. The accessory isn't the latest model with Bluetooth and NFC, nor can it make you a splendid cup of tea, but they're highly rated and are a perfect companion for a Windows Phone.

We previously looked at the US operator slashing the price of the headphones last month, but it's good to see AT&T take advantage of the season for explosive shopping sprees. For comparison, Amazon currently have the same headphones listed for $200.

If you're set to purchase a Lumia 920 on AT&T, be sure to check out the deals available on optional hardware.

Source: AT&T; thanks, erzhik, for the heads up!

Comments

Wish they had the in ear ones (all colors).

Agent-P says:

It also can't cook rice....

GregMilan says:

Love my job, since I've been bringing in $5600… I sit at home, music playing while I work in front of my new iMac that I got now that I'm making it online(Click on menu Home)

sholokov says:

Neither does it come with a free rice cooker

ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET THE DAMN PURITY PRO (WIRELESS ONES) IN THE US?!?

i have two microsoft stores near me (ironic, huh, given there are like what 25 total..) and none there, not online either. nokia's site, no. at&t site, no. at&t stores, no.... amazon, ebay, wpcentral accessory store, no, no, no...

any thoughts???
THANKS

Raesu says:

I have been wondering the same thing. Damn Nokia...

WinFan1 says:

1 tired of dealing with wires fraying

spyderzWPC says:

I dont believe they are out, if you go to the nokia website it still says coming soon for the pros

sayonical says:

Highly rated? I have the red ones and the sound quality is barely passable. The headphone jack already shorted too so twist it to get sound in both ears.

Says you. Over on Amazon there are numerous positive reviews--in fact a lot of them are gushing--and it has an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.

So yeah, highly rated is an accurate description.

sholokov says:

You guys have to realize that nothing is perfect. I am a manufacturing engineer and we sell industrial machines worth over $200k each, but once in a while, we have customers with failed units within their first month of use.
Similarly, I am on my third Nokia Lumia 920 because one had a bad speaker and the other rattled with vibration on. But it does not mean it is a bad product, just bad manufacturing process quality controls. After two bad phones, I will still rate Lumia 920 5 out of 5 stars as it is an amazing product when it works.
One bad headphone set doesn't speak for all but at the same time it doesn't mean there can't be a bad unit once in a while.

barry.weston says:

You either got a "bad" one or you treated them poorly.

blessthejon says:

Mine are awesome.

Fiann says:

Are these things really THAT good? Or are you paying for the brand and pretty colors? Even $100 seems pricey to me, to say nothing of $200.

My local AT&T store has 'em stock. I'll go buy a pair and let you guys know. I also have the Purity in-ear to compare.

barry.weston says:

What would it take to get any of the purity line in wpcentral store?

krystea says:

I'll have to check out my local AT&T, didn't know they were carried in-store. I'd love to try a pair before I commit.

Sam Sabri says:

I have a pair and love them. They're great headphones and I dig can I can take phone calls with them on.

TonyDedrick says:

I remember blowing $30 on headphones was a big deal back in the day. Headphones that cost this much better be the headphones to end all headphones.

AYOtornado says:

$100 headphones are about right for good headphones.

False.

One is $133 (Cyan). White is $160. Magenta and Black are $199.

MSkulker says:

... and no yellow.

barry.weston says:

Does anyone know if these are available anywhere in Canada? No one seems to offer them. And ppl complaining the quality...i tested these out in the USA...they at worth every penny. Sure some models are better, but you'll pay more for them as well.

Skelnik says:

I was wondering why the headphones were plugged in the corner when the jack is in the middle of the Lumia 920, and then I realized that must be a Lumia 900 in the picture.  Posting this in case anyone else was wondering the same thing. :-)

kunwar_91 says:

As a matter of fact that's a lumia 800 in the picture :-)

jmerrey says:

I had these headphones. I would say the sound was very underwhelming. Keep in mind, I'm not a huge fan of on-ear headphones. I prefer in-ear or over-ear. They are also quite slippery on your head.

They do have one redeeming quality: the included detachable cable has a controller that is Windows Phone compatible. It is a three button version, so it does volume up/down in addition to pause/play/previous/next track.

absolutshame says:

How are these compared to Seinhausser HD280 Pro's since they are priced the same?

toyotast165 says:

Every pair of seinnys I have compared them to, the seinnys won, even the$50ish dollar ones.

So people want these headphones but trash the crap out of beats even tho they're made by the same company? Wow interesting

That's not entirely accurate and you're being dishonest here.

Beats Audio designs their headphones--both the appearance and EQ/sound. Monster merely manufactures them.

You're post suggests that somehow Beats and Purity are equivalent, but they're not as Beats focuses heavily on bass and different acoustic properties from Purity. They also have a much different look to them. It's a taste preference and a lot of people just don't like the sound of Beats, which has zero to do with Purity and/or Monster.

It is perfectly logical and legitimate to say "I don't like Beats but I love Purity" (and vice versa). If you try both, you'll see they are very different beasts.

So would the same thing be said if they were called beats purity headphones or HTC purity headphones?

1jaxstate1 says:

Because Beats is associated with HTC, not Nokia. Therefore, Beats suck and Purity rules!

420mbps says:

Still waiting on the latest Nokia Purity Pros. Wireless, over-ear and in yellow!

mmali386 says:

Not sure if I'm the only one that noticed but att sells women's lamb skin gloves and men's leather gloves. I was scrolling and saw those before I saw the headsets.