Verizon to get HTC One (W8) for Windows Phone on August 21

Weather Hound updated with transparent Live Tile support

Awesome Lock updated in preparation for the World Cup

Microsoft exec hints at new HTC Windows Phone at Computex

HTC W8 to reportedly include BoomSound and duo cameras

Games

Magic Realms for Windows Phone gets a glitchy update

Flipkart adds new features and improvements to their Windows Phone app

Bollywood entertainment portal, Koimoi, launches official Windows Phone 8 app

HTC W8 reported to be a 'flagship' Windows Phone 8.1 release for Verizon

Middle East's leading newspaper, Khaleej Times, arrives on Windows Phone

CNET comes to Windows Phone with all its Tech-Savviness

Tonido released for Windows Phone 8 for remote access to your home computer

How To

How to manually check for app updates on Windows Phone 8.1

Pin a big old clock on your Windows Phone 8.1 Start screen with Clock Hub

Another day, another official app in India, Airtel Money arrives on Windows Phone 8

Bollywood Hungama makes a comeback on Windows Phone 8 for Bollywood fans

Boxcryptor comes to Windows Phone and Windows 8, allows you to encrypt all data you send to the cloud

Official Facebook beta updates with bug fixes and more reliable notifications

Fhotoroom gets an updated, adds in-app store and new editing tools

HTC rolls out updates for Hearing Aids and Photo Enhancer

Photo Enhancer Hearing Aids

HTC has rolled out an update for both its Photo Enhancer and Hearing Aids apps. The former has been with us since the platform launched back in 2010, enabling HTC Windows Phone owners to easily edit (or enhance) photos saved on the device with minimal user input. It's a handy tool that's utilised by those who take regular shots and enjoy 'correcting' them before uploading to social networks.

The Hearing Aids app is a system tool for those who require higher in-call volume levels. Should you happen to find it hard to hear sound from the Windows Phone when in a call with a contact, be sure to look at enabling Hearing Aids to improve call quality.

• Photo Enhancer -- 2.2.0
  • Hearing Aids -- 2.4.0

Unfortunately no changelog is presently available, so we can only assume minor fixes and improvements are present. Be sure to be on the look out for more system app updates released by Windows Phone manufacturers.

Comments

So much for those idiots who said that HTC doesn't support.

erzhik says:

Give it a 3 months and 8x will have zero support.

schlubadub says:

Not true, my 2 year old HD7 is still receiving updates

GregMilan says:

Love my job, since I've been bringing in $5600… I sit at home, music playing while I work in front of my new iMac that I got now that I'm making it online(Click on menu Home)

Mafiatounes says:

You are right good support = An update after 2/3 years?, no thanks will stick with Nokia.

Xiao Ti says:

HTCrap fanboy detected. This is what you call a support? What a joke.

Bearach says:

... and you're just as bad. If not worst.

brmiller1976 says:

HTC updates its software, and it gets blasted for it by fanboys of competing OEMs.
HTC doesn't update its software, and it gets blasted for it by fanboys of competing OEMs.
Really now?!?

AngryNil says:

Are you astroturfing? Why are you so mad?

morpheus1982 says:

This app has been updated many times, and windows phone was released 2 years ago. 2!

schlubadub says:

*with constant updates every few months

dalydose says:

OMG - this fragmentation isn't good for the platform. HTC must give these apps that they developed and paid for, to everyone immediately. /lunacy mode off

Ninja1043 says:

LOL!!! Love this!
10/10 Would laugh again!

ajua says:

I'm still waiting to see what other apps HTC releases for their 8X and 8S phones. I have the 8X and just hope they support WP8 in the same vein as Nokia is doing.

Great to see updates from them early on.

TruPlaya187 says:

Honestly they have too!!!!!!! Since day one, I've been waiting for them to bring back HTC Location since we don't have a built-in turn-by-turn navigation ( Can't believe it was remove from WP8 when we had it in WP7.5).

C'MON HTC bring some new apps and features!!!!!

mtiede says:

I would settle for adding back what was removed.  :-(

RaRa85 says:

Not to forget also HTC Watch which is the only way to rent/purchase movies directly on the device without the need for Zune/desktop client on any Windows Phone device. How many people can rent The Dark Knight Rises right on their phone? I know I can.:)

dreamfly says:

Still waiting for the Sound Enhancer and Tango for my HD7...

Its not coming, I had a hd7 and they said its not coming after it was taken off from the mango update

pressstart says:

I still have sound enhancer on my t-mobile hd7.

schlubadub says:

It's in Settings now, instead of being a separate app. No problem on my Tango HD7

I have sound enhancer on my HD7

Tomasz S. says:

It comes preloaded on Mango ROMs and receives updates from the Marketplace.

schlubadub says:

So you're on AT&T then? I've had Tango on my HD7 for at least 3 months (I'm in Australia, and Telstra aren't quite as slow)

I just want an update for the camera. The continuous focusing is aggravating, also digital stabilization wouldn't hurt

AriesDog says:

Just checked the HTC Apps section of the Marketplace. Still seeing 1.6.0.0. Is this update just for Windows Phone 8? This is the problem with HTC. Great hardware. I have the HTC Arrive. But they don't support it after the fact. It's been over a year since I've seen a new app from HTC on my phone.

q21701 says:

Also HTC Arrive here viewing Photo Enhancer at 1.6.0.0. I'm on the east coast.

baandoptager says:

I/ve never heard AIDS before, wonder how its gonna sound ;)

Martinspire says:

Nice to see HTC/Any support for people who have a hard time hearing speech. I personally have hearing aids and very bad hearing so getting more volume is always a good thing to have. I don't have the newest hearing aid devices and i know new ones support bluetooth and such, but this is a nice feature for people with less problems too.
I hope this will lead to similar programs for other devices or platforms, as i can understand it would be a nice addition.
I always find it strange that websites, phones and other gadges always have stuff implemented to aid the people with a visual handicap, but always seem to skip the ones with a hearing disability. Thats why i also like the fact that WPCentral puts up subtitles on most of their (important) video's!

Mattyh95 says:

Everyone says HTC has crap update support I have a HTC Mozart and I have gotten all the available software updates, it all depends on ur carrier so don't dis HTC :/ blame ur telco

mms-pc says:

That's odd, from my HD7 I still see no update for Photo Enhancer, ther version number for this app in the marketplace is still 1.6, or is there any restriction that new version is for Titan/Radar  or later only?

cp2_4eva says:

People love to hate 2nd place HTC. They are a decent company with decent phone, but could use some support help. You need companies like HTC, so you can point your fingers and say THATS THE BAD GUY! LOL. They still like to keep the first place companies on their toes.

glassadam says:

I always liked the results of the photo enhancer on my HTC Arrive. It was easy and integrated well into the phone. My 920 has plenty of photo-fixing solutions, but nothing quite as simple-yet-effective as htc's photo enhancer.

anton267 says:

What phones are compatible with Hearing Aids? Can't find it on the Marketplace from my HTC Radar.

wpguy says:

I love HTC's Converter app, but I really wish they'd fix the bug that makes it impossible to use the last conversion category in the list. A simple off by one error.