HTC One W8

HTC press event August 19th for One W8 Windows Phone?

Verizon to get HTC One (W8) for Windows Phone on August 21

Three UK to provide free Wi-Fi on London Underground

HTC 8X for Verizon picks up small update, no Windows Phone 8.1 yet

Three UK makes 0800 numbers free on new SIM-only plans

Joe Belfiore announces new updates, sheds some details on lock screen app

Three UK brings free roaming to five new countries

Microsoft exec hints at new HTC Windows Phone at Computex

HTC W8 to reportedly include BoomSound and duo cameras

HTC W8 reported to be a 'flagship' Windows Phone 8.1 release for Verizon

Games

Xbox Game The Harvest returns from the wastelands to Windows Phone 8

Pin a big old clock on your Windows Phone 8.1 Start screen with Clock Hub

Cases

Cases and Covers for the HTC 8X

Software

Sprint confirms Windows Phone 8.1 update for HTC 8XT and Samsung ATIV S Neo this summer

Three UK announces 'Three Rescue' worry free phone insurance

HTC rumored to be building a Windows Phone version of the new Android flagship

Nokia Lumia 625 goes on sale in Ireland on Three

Windows Phone market share surpasses BlackBerry in the U.S.

Nokia Lumia 625 heading to Three in Ireland later this month

Editorials

Windows Phone is losing some hardware differentiation as Microsoft woos Android manufacturers

HTC 8S

Windows Phone 8S by HTC available at Three UK

The HTC 8S is now available from Three UK on contracted plans as well as Pay As You Go. Pricing starts at £17 a month with no upfront cost for the smartphone, or £179.99 SIM-free (locked to the carrier). The device joins the HTC 8X and is the company's low-end Windows Phone 8 offering, but isn't a slouch by any means.

The Essential Internet 100 mobile plan starting at £17 for the HTC 8S on Three includes 250MB data, 100 minutes, 5,000 SMS and is a 24-month contract. It's also available on the carrier's One Plan at £28 a month, which sports unlimited data, 2,000 minutes, and a 5,000 SMS allowance.

Three Windows Phone

It's an affordable Windows Phone, but powered by a dual-core CPU and sports SDCard compatibility and will run all apps and games with no problem at all.

Source: Threethanks David for the tip!

Comments

aubreyq says:

How I wish the 8X had this design...

ggonzalez777 says:

Same here, the 8S has the most interesting design un the smartphone market.

GregMilan says:

Love my job, since I've been bringing in $5600… I sit at home, music playing while I work in front of my new iMac that I got now that I'm making it online(Click on menu Home)

schlubadub says:

At AU$275 that is insanely cheap! Considering the 8X and 920 both failed to deliver on microSD, I could see myself getting this or the 820

So just for space you're willing to downgrade screen size and keep same SD resolution? Yea that's smart.

It is smart if you value the ability to hold huge music, game, and photo collections actually.

schlubadub says:

It's smart for $275... I really want the 8X or 920 - but without microSD I'm not willing to pay $700-800 when they fail to deliver on my #1 priority - storage. My HD7 only has 16 GB and I'm constantly moving things off or deleting things. The 920 with 32GB is pretty good, but it really annoys me that the mid-range phones can have more storage (64 Gb plus onboard) than the flagship model. The Ativ is close, but the screen is too big, it's not available and I hate the build quality of Samsung phones. At $275 I'd be willing to UPGRADE from my HD7 as the 8S is still better than that. Sure, the resolution isn't as good as the 8X or 920, but I'm happy with the res on my HD7 so should I really care?
The reality is, I'm not going to upgrade to WP8 until I can have a 4.3" mobile with 32GB and microSD. Perhaps I'll be waiting for a long time, but at the moment there are no compelling reasons to upgrade to WP8.

schlubadub says:

BTW I don't think this is a "low-end" phone... Definitely mid-range

richard_c says:

true this is a mid range phone. God knows why they call it a low end phone. Its specs are bascially the same as the iphone 4, even better in some instances and you wouldnt call the iphone 4 a low end phone. I picked my 8S up today from Phones4U. £230 for the black/white one unlocked :D

Rich Edmonds says:

It's a low-end device for Windows Phone 8. 512MB RAM and 4GB storage.

richard_c says:

Not really. The lumia 610 is a low end phone. This is a mid range phone

schlubadub says:

MicroSD gives it more storage than flagship phones. Dual-core makes it better than WP7 mobiles

111san says:

did you hear about the 620

volcane2004 says:

What a missed opportunity not having it come to the US! I know a phone like this would be PERFECT for my dad. I would get it because he doesn't need fancy features. Just the basic smartphone features and the Windows Phone interface rocks!

steve_w_7 says:

Completely agree.  This would be the perfect starter smartphone for my daughters.

111san says:

prob a cheaper and better phone is the newly announced lumia 620...so you kind of lucked out nt being able to buy this

DaydreamHero says:

They haven't announced the 620 for the US, either. I would love to see it in a blister pack in the Walmart prepaid section, though. It would make a nice 2nd phone for me.

volcane2004 says:

Also, a large part why Android has such a large smartphone market share is because a lot of people opt for cheaper smartphones. I think this would eat away at that market. Especially of what you are getting for the price!

fbloise says:

<p>Contract-free or Pay as you Go price, not the same as SIM-FREE.</p>

schlubadub says:

You're right... Fortunately AU$25/month is only $5/month more than I'm paying now on PAYG. If that deal was available in Australia I'd jump on it!

cedarlog says:

this design deserve higher spec or at least with that price there should be a front facing camera ,nfc and 8g storage

I'm from Belgium and here you can already buy these phone. About this phone I can see one thing: Amazing Good Phone. I have made a review about this phone on Gadgetline.