More metal

HTC One (M8) for Windows will make its way to AT&T

New phone alert

Blind your friends with a neon green Lumia 1520 (AT&T)

New phone alert

All green Lumia 1520 now available from AT&T

AT&T's Lumia 1520 is now getting the Windows Phone 8.1 update

Strong subscriber growth powers AT&T's Q2 2014 earnings

AT&T may rollout Windows Phone 8.1 update 'as early as this week'

Microsoft 'betrayed' Finland, says Finnish finance minister of layoffs

New Treasure Tag app update ditches the 'Nokia' brand

AT&T Nokia Lumia 635 arrives on July 25 for $99 as prepaid GoPhone

Is Microsoft readying a Lumia device that runs Android?

New Nokia MixRadio update ditches the 'Nokia' brand

Microsoft rumored to be licensing Nokia's brand name for phones

Windows Phones

Lumia 930 pre-orders begin in Norway Wednesday for July 10 launch

Windows Phones

Microsoft Store US site pulls pre-order listings for Nokia Lumia 635

Nokia Imaging SDK 1.2 released, Lumia SensorCore SDK out of private beta

Windows Phones

Microsoft teases possible launch date of a green Lumia or successor to the X

Microsoft partners with British designer to create wireless charging pants

Nokia Lumia 900 on AT&T set to drop to $49.99 this Sunday?

WP Central

With news this week that Nokia has had mild to moderate success on AT&T with the Lumia 900 we should not be surprised to hear that a price drop is coming. After all, the phone has been out now for nearly four months and product cycles dictate that there is always something better down the line.

We’re hearing from an AT&T employee (and we verified with someone higher up in the food chain) that the flagship Windows Phone is set to get a $50 price cut this Sunday and will now be offered for $49.99 on a two-year contract--all colors.  That’s in addition to AT&T stores still offering $50 in free accessories making the Lumia 900 a decent deal for new users looking for a solid smartphone.

This Sunday is also a big day for Nokia and AT&T as the pink Lumia 900 is also going on sale, a carrier exclusive. The combo of a pink Lumia 900 for the ladies along with a $50 price tag should give the phone a modest boost in sales--at least that’s probably what AT&T and Nokia are hoping. It should be interesting to see if sales are brisk or stagnant in a few days from now.

Curiously, the Lumia 900 is still the #3 best-seller for AT&T phones on Amazon Wireless and has remained in the position for quite some time. While Amazon Wireless is not a direct reflection on overall sales, it’s a good sign that at least some people are buying it.

Are any of our readers looking to pick up the pink Lumia 900 this weekend for their woman-folk? Does the $50 price tag make it that much sweeter or do you think it won’t matter with sales? Thanks, Danny, for the tip

Comments

Oh shoot why didn't this come out within my 30 days.

Every phone u get gets a 30 day so take the phone back for another one and then that phone gets a 30 day u can keep on doing it until u get wat u want

wetworker says:

I don't think that will work because some carries give you 30min talk time within that 30 day period. That's what Rogers does here in Canada.

jsayz says:

Actually policy states one exchange, but ur right u.can usually get away with it for awhile

RaRa85 says:

What about restocking fees? They add up.

Restocking fee yea but I'm on At&t and wen I took my cyan lumia back for another cyan lumia cuz I had that battery problem( plus I just wanted a newer one ) lol the guy forgot to charge me and they told me that every phone has a 30 day window

blackhawk556 says:

they didn't charge you a restocking fee because you got an exact same model.  if you would have changed to another phone or color, trust me, he would have charged you.  att only charges you restocking fee when you are getting a completely different model or color. plus you had battery problems so they aren't going to charge you a fee sinceyou  have a defective phone.

Is sad to say this, but Microsoft has the worst marketing team in the hole world, they can priced the lumia for 0.1 and it won't sell why, no wp8, I sold my lumia on craigslist is was pretty much new and all I got was 180 lol now I have a galaxy s3, if they don't change their game I'm no Goin back.

This logic fails because the 710 is selling well despite no WP8

ZX9 says:

So good it's embarrassing? Will this give people the wrong impression?

OMG55 says:

The only impression it would send is I got a great phone for a great price!

Good. Perfect. My grandma is getting the pink one.

TheMofaDe says:

Haha if only this was prepaid price

xmarklive says:

Yes windows 8 should be free with contract and 300 without contract.

One shouldn't ask for free stuff.

digitalbrew says:

Im good with my 710 waiting for WP8. Anyone new looking to jump in the wagon definitely should.

Any news on a price drop for contract free?

david126 says:

Is this a HELLO KITTY edition? :-D

Babssmith01 says:

I know, right? I do not like that pink. Something about it is just vile. I personally think all phones should be black or silver (and I'm a graphics designer who loves color)! Ha!! But seriously, $50 isn't bad for a phone on AT&T. On the 4G LTE network it swims.

WPSteve says:

I would do it, but WP8 is just around the corner. Patience...

JodyMaccz says:

You can get the Lumia 900 at Amazon Wireless for one cent

Right we reported that at the end of May. Regardless, over 70% bought their Lumia 900 in an AT&T store.

Amazon is cool n all but doing a contract with them isn't a good idea its best to stick with the carrier so others don't screw u over and bill u crazy bills on contract

Sathanous says:

I've gotten all but my first phone off of Amazon and never gotten crazy bills and never paid more the a penny...

barnettb99 says:

Your getting it from Amazon but the contract has nothing to do with Amazon. It goes through AT&T just like if you went to a AT&T store. Amazon wireless is just a partner not it's own serive plan.

LawnPaul says:

We will be adding one to our windows phone family

Kenjoe says:

Nice nice bit good thing i already my Lumia 900 for $54 after 4 weeks after it was release

falsehopess says:

woot contract is up with sprint tomorrow anyone know what the 50 dollars worth of accessories are in store?

Why don't you just wait for a WP8 device?

Giddora says:

Because he wants a 900?

falsehopess says:

Because I dont think I can put up with Sprint for another couple of months and the lumia 900 is a pretty slick phone

I wonder if this lumia will have tango? If not will wait for wp8

clvrbas says:

Heck yeah, going to get one outright for the wife! Perfect color for her. Wish they had physical inventory of it :( oh well should ship quickly! We don't need the latest and greatest, just something good.

venom5150 says:

I am doing the same. She really wants the magenta 900.

procen says:

Wow! That's a great price but I don't want to move to ATT. :-(

Dan is it matte r gloss

WinEXMan says:

The average person has no clue about win8 and that's the people who will be getting this phone and loving the hell out of it

myjota says:

Very sad that price cut going only to us. In my country lumia still cost 600

jsayz says:

This blog posting saddens me because there should be no doubt about getting the lumia 900. It is by far my favorite phone and coolist OS system I've had. And im no regular smartphone user, im a powerhouse user. RSS, Facebook, twitter, messaging, talk, email, browser, music, manage priorities, research, watch movies, etc, and etc....WP operating system is fun and easy.

gzinkl says:

Pink just for "the ladies"??

inteller says:

too bad ATT forces you into a data plan for these phones.  I'd like to get several for people who are wifi only.

caboose8402 says:

I'm not planning on getting the pink 900 because I'm waiting for the WP8 to come out. That said, the price cut should help boost sales a little bit, I would think. If you're new to smartphones or just WP, you're probably not as savvy about product development and have no idea about WP8 yet. That should help prevent the Osborne Effect to some extent.

jfa1 says:

I bought mine for 48.88 at Sams Cluyb several months ago.  I already an unlimited data plan so I kept that.

Xzalor says:

I prefer the term "magenta". :D

barnettb99 says:

You can get the black, cyan or white Lumia 900 off Amazon wireless for $0.01. New contract or upgrade. And that is for AT&T through Amazon. Just ordered my wife the cyan one. And free 2nd day shipping included.

blackhawk556 says:

yeah but last time i called amazon and they said i could only get the $30 or $50 data plan. There was no option for the 300MB plan.  They said that if I got the $30 plan and then changed it within 6 months, they would charge me $250 because they wouldn't get the commission for the phone.

barnettb99 says:

very true. you have to select either the $30 or $50 plan through Amazon. that being said it is still a killer deal for $0.01! we already use the $30 plan so no biggie for us.

DavidinCT says:

I have been hearing this for last 2 weeks on radio... for $49.99...

StuBeck says:

Fiancee was waiting for this until we heard WP8 wouldn't support any WP7 devices :( We'll wait and hope that a pink WP8 device comes out and she'll pick it up then.

Ariz zaidi says:

ek idhar b la du janu :-P