2012 Carl Zeiss Photo Contest: Nokia Lumia Windows Phones welcome
The 2012 Carl Zeiss Photo Contest has taken an interesting twist this year. The contest is now open to photographers using any kind of Zeiss lens. Whether it's affixed to a rangefinder, SLR, DSLR or a smartphone fitted with a Carl Zeiss lens.
Yep, the Nokia Lumia Windows Phones, fitted with a Carl Zeiss lens, qualifies for the annual photo contest.
This year's contest theme is "the moment that knows no limit" and entries can be submitted at the official Carl Zeiss Lenses Group on Flickr. You'll need to tag your entries with the keyword "ZEISSContest2012" and the last day to enter is January 15, 2013.
- 1st prize: The latest rangefinder (ZM) or SLR lens (ZE or ZF.2) of the winner’s choice as well as matching Carl Zeiss T UV filter (except for the Distagron T), Carl Zeiss Lens Cleaning Kit and Carl Zeiss Comfort Camera Strap
- 2nd prize: Carl Zeiss cinemizer OLED, Carl Zeiss Lens Cleaning Kit and Carl Zeiss Comfort Camera Strap
- 3rd prize: Sony DSC-RX100 camera an Carl Zeiss Lens Cleaning Kit
- 4th prize: Nokia Lumia 920 smartphone
- 5th prize: Logitech TV Cam, Carl Zeiss Comfort Camera Strap, Carl Zeiss knapsack, Carl Zeiss watch und Carl Zeiss umbrella
- 6th – 10th prizes: Carl Zeiss camera carrying straps, Carl Zeiss knapsack, Carl Zeiss watch, Carl Zeiss umbrella and Carl Zeiss Lens Cleaning Kit
You can find all the fine print on the contest at the Zeiss Contest Website.
Source: DPReview; Thanks, Chris, for the tip!