Package Tracker updated with Lockscreen notifications

Our favorite app for keeping tabs on our UPS, FedEx and USPS deliveries has received a much wanted feature in its latest update: lockscreen notifications.

That’s right, Package Tracker is up to version 5.1, which we previewed a few weeks ago and it now has the ability to show you when new update notifications are present including detailed information right on your Windows Phone 8 lockscreen. Likewise, you can view the information on the doublewide Tile, should you opt for a more indirect approach.

Package Tracker for Windows Phone has the unique ability to “sync to the cloud” whereby you can also take advantage of the similar Windows 8 RT app. That means you can enter data on your PC and have it auto-sync to your phone, keeping you up to date on where your multiple packages are at the moment. For that, we’re big fans of both apps as they’re clever, simple and well done.

Another advantage of Package Tracker is the sheer number of delivery services it supports worldwide—sure FedEx and UPS are popular but what if you’re in Spain? This app should have those international users covered.

If you’ve already bought Package Tracker, just head here to the Store and get the version 5.1 update. Otherwise, you can trial out the app and if you like it, buy it for $2.49. Our opinion? If you shop a lot online and like to have pushed tracking info to your phone, including delivery notifications, Package Tracker is your best bet. (And if you’re on Windows 8, try out their RT version).

QR: Package Tracker

Comments

Now that's cool. I love these devs (MetroTube devs, weather flow dev, this dev, and of course Jay) who take full advantage of WP. I can't wait to see the WPCentral app taking full advantage of WP8. :D

DemiNutive says:

Love this app but now since the update I love it even more now, so worth the money.

smontoya2 says:

Owning this app on my wp7.5 Trophy lets me know there is some goodness coming when I finally decide to get my wp8 device.

inteller says:

just think, a few months ago these guys were giving up on WP.  amazing what you can do when you double down and continue to develop the app!

As an Amazon Prime member who does pretty much all family shopping online, I love this app and its Windows RT counterpart. Best two apps I've ever spent money on.

Paul Acevedo says:

Sounds like you need to get our app then. *wink wink*

karl11 says:

If I have the older app, do I have buy the new one to get the new features, or will I get an update?

I don't know if the devs read this comments .... But I must say I appreciate their effort for such awesome app... Was quite useful for xmass

Package Tracker has become my most frequently used app outside of core OS features. This holiday season and at work, it is proving to be invaluable. I use it on Windows 8 as well for both my laptop and Surface. The developers do a remarkable job with it.

Ethere says:

For some reason, I still can't get my packages pinned like it shows in the screenshot. They pin like they always have, with the carrier logo. I can't make them wide either. Only the two sizes are available to me.

Ethere says:

Nevermind. I thought I had to pin individual packages. I pinned the main app and it shows correctly now.

nastrud says:

Where can I find that wallpaper on the article?

Dos101 says:

Bought the app on WP8, love it! Does anyone know if that purchase carries over to the Windows Store for Windows 8/RT? Kinda stupid if I have to buy the app again

gundam001 says:

Tracking packages or shipments have been easier, thanks to this app. An excellent application. - Trident University