Twitter spam!

Twitter creates overload with new social experiment

Twitter token troubles

glƏƏk! for Windows Phone 8 priced at $99.99

Tweetium app for Windows 8 updated with new features and improvements

Twitter for Windows Phone gets an update, no new features to be seen

Sneak peek at Tweetium for Windows Phone 8.1

What is your favorite Twitter app for Windows Phone?

Official Twitter app updated with multi-photo upload and other cool features

Bing now includes tweets and celebrity Twitter handles in search results (US)

Twitter acquires live video platform SnappyTV

Xbox

Twitter, Vine, HBO, and 42 other apps coming soon to Xbox

PSA: Official Twitter app crashing on viewing Tweets for Windows Phone

Windows 8 Apps+Games

Pinpointer launches on Windows 8 to help you find the perfect Twitter client

Windows

Can't decide on which Twitter client to download? There's an upcoming app for that!

Twitter beta for Windows Phone 8.1 being disabled on some devices, you could be next

Sharing is caring – How the Social Extensibility framework for Windows Phone 8.1 will make things better

Twitter for Windows Phone 8.1 leaks, brings native sharing back, Photos hub integration

Windows 8 Apps+Games

MetroTwit sails off into the sunset as ‘token limits’ take another victim

Windows 8 Apps+Games

Check out Tweetium, the best Twitter app available on Windows 8

Tile Me! gets updated with high-quality PNG image support and more

WPCentral News

How to follow Windows Phone Central on Twitter and Instagram!

MeTweets steps up the Twitter game for Windows Phone. Free for now.

MeTweets for Windows Phone

MeTweets is the latest Twitter client for your Windows Phone that claims to be perfect for the beginner as well as the power tweeter.

MeTweets spreads things out nicely on the main pages covering your timeline, mentions, messages, lists, top tweets and favorites. Don't care for so many pages? MeTweets' settings allow you to turn off and re-organize the main pages.

MeTweets

Other MeTweets features include:

• Tweet with pictures and add location to tweets, with the ease of username mention auto completion.
  • Scheduled Tweets: You don’t have to be there to be on Twitter. Schedule tweets and we will post them whenever you like
  • Configurable home screen: you can use the columns you want. Choose from timeline, mentions, messages, favorites, top tweets and lists or add other user's timelines or search queries.
  • Streaming: for heavy Twitter users it can be interesting to have tweets, mentions and messages pushed to your phone as they appear on Twitter. Streaming does just that, instant delivery.
  • Embedded photo viewing in the timeline
  • Fast Actions: reply, retweet, favorite or view tweet details from the timeline
  • Multiple account support
  • Built-in photo viewing for Twitter, Instagram, TwitPic and Yfrog with capability to save to your phone
  • Full landscape orientation support and orientation lock
  • Pin “new tweet”, or user profile tile to start

You also have mute filters in the settings to hide certain tweets based on author, content or source. Plus there is a Save for Later feature that allows you to save tweets for later viewing using built-in Pocket or Instapaper support.

MeTweets is a feature rich Twitter app for your Windows Phone and in using it for a short time, we can see it appealing to any Twitter user.

MeTweets is currently free but only for a limited time. Not sure when this will change but you can find MeTweets here at the Windows Phone Store.

QR: MeTweets

Comments

Highly recommended!

Agree, it's a nice app. Not a lot of "personality" but it terms of speed and functions, it's great.

albertrntla says:

Does it have push notifications?

lesnjoro says:

yeah it has push, its my daily driver with regards to twitter

DARKFiB3R says:

Pretty smooth, but I like my lists "in line". i.e. I don't want a list of my lists, and have to select and view them individually, then go back to choose another.

Hopefully that option will be added in a future update. Until then, I'll be sticking to the alternatives.

ajua says:

I don't like the app's icon but I will give this a try.
My current client is Mehdoh and it works great and it's being updated on a regular basis. It doesn't hurt to try a new one every once in a while.
Thanks for the tip!

absolutshame says:

I still don't get the purpose of Twitter. Someone help me out here. Not a tech noob in the least, which might be why I can't grasp the reasoning behind Twitter.

schlubadub says:

Think of it as a RSS feed for people or companies. I don't use it for friends as that's what Facebook is for. The only people I follow are professionals in my industry, but some people like to follow celebrities etc. The key difference to FB is that you don't have to be friends and give access to your whole online life.
So after saying all that, I don't really use it much either. I never got into the RSS craze either, while others used to love having feeds from hundreds of sources. I know a few people heavily into Twitter too... But I don't really see the fascination :P

nizzon says:

I follow my teams and its great fun to follow ItsWillyFerrel and ChuckDamnNorris, awesome jokes all days long. :)

its one of those things you have to try.... i like it because i can state random ass shit all day. maybe people read my bs maybe not, but it sure does feel good to put out there..

Guakala says:

Yeah you should really try it out. I used to think it was so stupid to just tell people "what I'm doing" but Twitter goes way beyond that. For example I follow pretty much all of my favorite artists and one day one of them tweeted back to me, that alone made my day and the day after!

:D

juan6996 says:

BEST twitter app. Thanks wpcentral. Very fast, very customizable, very metro, more "space efficient" than the people hub. In-timeline pictures! Carbon, you will NOT be missed ;)

stacero says:

That's how I feel! Carbon was my fave before they jumped ship, but this app took what Carbon did and improved. Carbon who?

1jaxstate1 says:

Why must every 3rd party twitter have such similar interface.

With that out the way, its very fast!! And the streaming feature is the first of its kind. Its free, but I would have plunked down 1.99 for sure.

Very nice app.

cgk says:

Oh man, another twitter app - I'm wetting myself with joy!

1jaxstate1 says:

Can't get the schedule tweet function to work

Figured it out.

i have yet to find a twitter app smooth as Twitter for windows phone... thats my favorite twitter app of them all...

1jaxstate1 says:

This one is quite smooth. But the official twitter app is still better

im starting to have concerns with these twitter apps. they all look the same. it screams lazy. I'd like to see some variety in appearances.

AsphyxiA says:

i'm using cowlick currently. which is better? can anyone tell?
thanks..

rockstarzzz says:

Cowlick is better in terms of how nicely it is laid out. This one is same as mehdoh, rowi and carbon.

I may be missing it, but I don't see any way to get it to jump to the oldest new tweet after a refresh.  That's a dealbreaker for me, having to hunt for where I left off every time I load up the app.

stacero says:

Love this! Fills the void left by Carbon.