Watch videos on the move

Vuclip releases official app for Windows Phone

Here we go again

Amazon reportedly buying Twitch for over $1 billion

YouTube on Xbox One

YouTube Xbox One app revamped

How To

How to record Xbox One gameplay videos and share them on Youtube

The first YouTube uploader app for Windows Phone 8.1 gets a nice update, more to come

One of our favorite YouTube apps, myTube is free for 24 hours

The Official Dailymotion Windows Phone app is redesigned with the latest update

Podcast

Vector 41: Mergers and accusations

Google's YouTube rumored to be buying video game streamer Twitch for over $1 billion

Take advantage of the new YouTube mobile website with IE11 in Windows Phone 8.1

Xbox

GoPro channel comes to Xbox 360, YouTube sharing improvements to Xbox One

Windows Phone 8.1’s greatly improved YouTube experience, plays under lock screen and more

Toib brings a beautiful YouTube experience to Windows Phone

You can now open YouTube links directly in Metrotube with minimal effort

Join the beta for Toib, an upcoming YouTube client from the developer behind Phonly

Metrotube reaches version 4.1.0, introduces substantial UI facelift and more

Microsoft’s Super Bowl ads will pull at your heart strings

Download videos off YouTube on your Windows Phone with Tube Download; free till tomorrow

Fix for Metrotube coming soon and the next version is almost ready

Microsoft leverages YouTube content creators for Xbox One praise

< >

Child safe YouTube player arrives for Windows Phone

Kids Tube for Windows Phone

If you're looking for a Windows Phone app to add to your Kid's Korner, take a look at Kids Tube.

Kids Tube is a collection of YouTube videos that are kid friendly. The app includes collections such as Bob the Builder, Spiderman, The Smurfs and Arthur.

Kids Tube

Each collection has a handful of videos with episode descriptions. Content is updated periodically and any updates are reflected each time you launch Kids Tube. Videos ran smoothly and the selection is nice enough to keep most kids... say under ten years of age...entertained.

Kids Tube is a free, ad-support app that you can find here at the Windows Phone Store.  As an added bonus, the developer of Kids Tube has this discussion going on in the Windows Phone Central forums.  Feel free to chime in on the discussion.

QR: Kids Korner

Comments

Jazmac says:

This IS awesome.  Nice move Microsoft/Nokia.  Real nice move.

schlubadub says:

What has this got to do with MS or Nokia? It's not made by either of them

DaveGx says:

Hope they also keep out the comment section. Some of the worst vile, vulgar, garbage I've read has been in Youtube comments, no matter what the video is, kid friendly even. The internet attracts too many immature rude jerks. I'm an adult and find many comments just offensive enough where I largely don't bother even glancing at them anymore.

andrewq911 says:

I agree. I don't want my kid reading that garbage.

Chad A76 says:

Great app for the kids. No comments, just videos grouped by the show.

Ticomfreak says:

How does it work. Is there a white list of videos that you can watch? Can you request videos to be white listed?

kaynachtsman says:

Is there a paid ad free version ?

This is what I'd like to know too. I would be willing to pay the devs directly for something like this.

wazup113 says:

this does make since...if this is for kids that really don't know any better they could click on an ad and put in a phone number and all that if not carefull

peachy001 says:

I would happily have this, but the ads ruin it for me. I hate ad supported products. Too often, my kids have clicked on the ads and end up connecting to all manner of unsavoury places. I always avoid ad supported products for this reason.

peper-eliot says:

I don t have a wp8 (only an ils wp7.5 ;) ), but could you explain me that point : does the kid corner have Access to internet? If the answer is "yes and no, we can manage it" where is the problem with the advertising in this App if you don t give Access to IE10

I think kids corner is only used for games. So no internet.

Murgatroyd7 says:

Kids Corner DOES allow internet access and there is no way to manage it.  So, with apps like this, if your kid taps on an ad, it will open Internet Explorer and they can then go to whatever sites they want.  The only thing you can really do is turn off your phone's WiFi and Data before handing your phone over to your kid.  Unfortunately, some apps will include something like "Tap here to advertise" and my kid doesn't yet know to avoid or back out of things like that.  And of course, disconnecting from the internet makes things like KidsTube completely useless.

My 2-year-old knows how to turn on the phone and go to Kids Corner (as far as he's aware, it's the only section of the phone), so this is a bit of a concern for us.

peper-eliot says:

If you re right, unstoppablekem... 'No problemo' with the ads...
By the way, the app is realy simple and well disigned for kids ;)

LaraWales says:

Great app. I will recommend this to my friends with kids. They'll surely like this. - Trident University