Calculator Toolbox updated, adds OneDrive integration and more

Demo of the Animated Lock Screen for 8.1

Xbox

Microsoft releases preview app for Xbox One to help shape future updates

Fix for the botched Calendar app on Windows Phone 8.1 is now live in the Store

Editorials

Microsoft frustrates its base by breaking Calendar app for Windows Phone 8.1

Native Calendar app for Windows Phone 8.1 updated

ProShot set to receive a huge update - New user interface, front facing camera support and more

Official BlueFly app brings a boutique fashion experience to Windows Phone

Official Flipkart Windows Phone app updated, adds push notifications and more

Weather Hound updated with transparent Live Tile support

The Official Dailymotion Windows Phone app is redesigned with the latest update

Awesome Lock updated in preparation for the World Cup

Games

Asphalt 8: Airborne gets updated, adds the SSC Tuatara to the garage

Grab this free app now to keep your Windows Phone Lockscreen fresh

Flipkart adds new features and improvements to their Windows Phone app

Copy This updated with Windows Phone 8.1 support and Cortana integration

Disney Expedition updated, adds FastPass+ support to the mix

Bollywood entertainment portal, Koimoi, launches official Windows Phone 8 app

Flipkart eBooks refreshes their Windows Phone app to compete with Amazon Kindle in India

Middle East's leading newspaper, Khaleej Times, arrives on Windows Phone

< >

AppoinTile for Windows Phone 8 updated, adds lockscreen support

AppoinTile for Windows Phone 8

AppoinTile is a Windows Phone 8 app that you can use as an alternative to the native calendar tile and bring a little more information about your schedule to your Start Screen. AppoinTile's live tile can display up to four upcoming events with the backside of the tile displaying a 42 day calendar with markers on days with activity.

AppoinTile was recently updated to version 2.1 and brings lockscreen support to the table. AppoinTile's live tile will show up to four upcoming appoints and the new lockscreen support will display three upcoming appointments and the number of appointments left in the day.

AppoinTile

All totaled, the lockscreen support makes AppoinTile a very nice calendar tile alternative. There is a free, ten day trial version available for AppoinTile and the full version is currently running $2.49.

You can find AppoinTile here at the Windows Phone Store.

QR: AppoinTile

Comments

DaveGx says:

It won't have access to our email calendars I take it? I have things scheduled in my Outlook Calendar by customers and work so it'd be nice not to have to manually enter this into another app.

If it can't integrate then:(

DaveGx says:

To be fair to devs, I think its a fault of MS. Correct me if I'm wrong but alot of things are blocked. Kinda of like how we'll never have a true 3rd party browser or another email app.
I think MS could open things up more while still keeping things secure.

blackhawk556 says:

They could write to outlook which will automatically write it back to our phone. This is something they can implement if they wanted.

Jandieg says:

Yes most APIs are restricted and even buggy in some cases. In WP8 they enabled "launchers" but only God and MS know why they didn't allow launchers for ANY installed app.
Also in WP8, MS introduced a way for devs to ADD appointments but not to EDIT appointments. Can someone explain that!?

ballanda says:

This makes it hard for me now.  Multiple events in the lockscreen view is very appealing.
I like WeekView 8's week layout better than the agenda list in Appointile though.  So I think I'll stick with WeekView.

The flurry of lockscreen apps shows you how great it is when MS opens up parts of the API.  Maybe someday they'll finally open up the calendar API entirely, so we can get a proper PIM app.

Loco5150 says:

Same boat here. I have them both paid already, but will be sticking to WeekWiev8 for now because of the week layout.

Rauliulian says:

again and again the same question, nobody answers me...if bing can update lockscreen in 7.8 why doesnt these apps for 8 work on 7.8?thank you

Rauliulian says:

I know its not the perfect article to post this above question, but it has a connection with lockscreen :)

ballanda says:

That's because there is no answer

Yipcanjo says:

I would *LOVE* it if this app could simply launch the built-in calendar when tapped.  Let's me honest...the primary value to this app is the much improved Live Tile (and now lockscreen) improvements.  If I could keep that + launch the standard calendar app when tapped, well....that would be awesome.
Keep up the good work!

ballanda says:

Need MS's permission to use shortcuts to other apps.  Can't be done currently.

Jandieg says:

Right, that's MS cutting wings to devs.

Yipcanjo says:

Wow.  That is truly lame.

nizzon says:

Great concept like most calendar apps but they are useless to me since no app can show the facebook-appointments like the stock calendar does, using this I would simply trick myself missing something sooner or later.

aztec12 says:

Great app but, most people I would think, have everything combined with their outlook calendar that shows appointments and to-do liss.To be honest the stock calendar is really good.

PhoebeRogers says:

Great image post! You have a very nice presentation of the app, it's so interesting for me. - Rich Von Alvensleben