Cyan on AT&T

Windows Phones

Lumia 930 pre-orders begin in Norway Wednesday for July 10 launch

Windows Phones

Microsoft Store US site pulls pre-order listings for Nokia Lumia 635

Nokia Imaging SDK 1.2 released, Lumia SensorCore SDK out of private beta

Windows Phones

Microsoft teases possible launch date of a green Lumia or successor to the X

Microsoft partners with British designer to create wireless charging pants

Lumia Cyan update said to improve low-light performace on Lumia Icon, 1520 and 930

Lumia 930 availability on Ireland's Meteor pushed back to mid-July

Lumia 1320, 630 availability expand to Argos Ireland

Nokia Ireland confirms Lumia 930 launch on July 3

Windows Phones

Nokia Lumia 635 going on sale in Singapore on Saturday

Nokia updates Network+ again

Nokia Lumia 920 used to record music video

The Lumia 920 has a super camera, that much is already known. We've recorded some sample footage of a gig in full action to demonstrate the power of the Windows Phone, particularly in low-light environments. Now a band in Denmark has been filmed using a Lumia 920. The song being performed is called "Reach For The Sky," but the band itself is nameless for the time being.

As well as strong results with video the Lumia 920 also excels in audio recording, which is also displayed in the video. There wasn't the requirement for powerful lighting or any kind of gizmo to improve the quality of the end result. It's a cool way of showing just what the smartphone is capable of.

Source: YouTube; thanks, geloloco, for the tip!

Comments

kingraven says:

Vid looks pretty good, but you can definitely tell it's compressed 1080p video.  Not that anyone should expect high-end uncompressed 1080p footage.  I'd love to see Nokia find a way to push PureView to the point where they can reduce the compression on the camera and push sharper and more vivid video.  The camera is almost set (just need a faster shutter for motion capture) as it is.  Nokia is certainly close to achieving the perfect phone camera.  Now they're talking about updates to PureView coming out, which has me intrigued.

Gergolos says:

"The sound was recorded live by several microphones (not the cellphone) and added in post." hmm. I think they used the L920 only for the video... An awesome one btw!
and a nice song too!

Bernard Wei says:

yep, and I think they also shot multiple sessions of the song at various angles and pans to get enough footage to piece the video together.

StaticMain says:

Wow, that's impressive.

willied says:

Great video quality, but that guy's singing is more painful than dragging forks through my ears.

RayWP7 says:

more painful than dragging forks through my ears.

Somehow I doubt that. :)

We get it.  The Lumia 920 is the greatest phone on the planet at the moment.
Hopefully more people are beginning to understand and realize that WP8 is a part of that and that it is light years beyond the stale, boring icon based OSes from the last century.

HM02 says:

I saw this a few weeks ago. It's awesome. I love the song too.
The band made a Tumblr, after receiving a lot of comments and stuff about releasing their music. Still no band name and still no details on releases. But they did give me a download link to the song. :D

NIST says:

I think Dan should get that keyboard players haircut.

A "music" video where not a single guitar is present? Truly the advancement of technology is improving phones and ruining music.

NIST says:

The Flock of Seagulls have never sounded better.

justmoe40 says:

lol, this video was posted ages ago by engadget.

aubreyq says:

Ah! That's were I saw it. I was scratching my head for a bit.

Nice video but that song was just awful....

Quin 2013 says:

That song sucks.

But the video is cool.

duncan0622 says:

Six musical instruments performed by only three mans. This band is a little bit shabby but really great:)

textomatic says:

Good video quality.  Bad hair cuts.  I don't understand this trend of men with women hair cuts.....

Nisse Tuta says:

Or is it that you understand the trend with mens haircuts on women? ;)

Pontifex says:

I have just released a game featuring this song as the soundtrack, check it out! http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=5e93391d-3200-45ac-a887-94aa709b36fd