Photography must-have

Learn over 300 poses with this app for Windows Phone

ProShot updated

ProShot app updated with faster startup time

Calculator Toolbox updated, adds OneDrive integration and more

Tutorial

Following these rules will dramatically improve your photos

Latest ProShot update has additional Lumia resolution options and more

Latest Fhotoroom update brings transparent Live Tiles, HDR filter and much more

From the Forums

Who has the best Windows Phone camera app? Nokia, Microsoft or Proshot?

Xbox

Microsoft releases preview app for Xbox One to help shape future updates

Massive ProShot update is now available for Windows Phone with temporary price cut

ProShot set to receive a huge update - New user interface, front facing camera support and more

Lomogram rises from the ashes of controversy, re-released in the Windows Phone Store

Official BlueFly app brings a boutique fashion experience to Windows Phone

Official Flipkart Windows Phone app updated, adds push notifications and more

Weather Hound updated with transparent Live Tile support

The Official Dailymotion Windows Phone app is redesigned with the latest update

Awesome Lock updated in preparation for the World Cup

Nokia Lumia 1020's camera is being used to help medical research

Games

Asphalt 8: Airborne gets updated, adds the SSC Tuatara to the garage

Black is a B&W film emulator for Windows Phone every photographer needs

Flipkart adds new features and improvements to their Windows Phone app

ProShot for Windows Phone 8 gets pushed to version 2.0: Features added, bugs fixed

ProShot for Windows Phone 8

ProShot is a nice camera app alternative for your Windows Phone 8 device and a recent update hopes to add more stability to things. The version 2.0 update should make the app more stable on HTC and Nokia Windows Phone 8 devices but the app is still not compatible with the Samsung ATIV S.

Along with the bug fixes and stability improvements the update also brings a few new features to ProShot.

They include:

• Images are now saved in the background
  • Unlimited review image buffer size
  • Busy indicator added
  • Visual queue added to track progress of image saves
  • The level gauge has been redesigned
  • A second Custom Mode has been added
  • Focus lock added
  • Shutter Priority has been rebranded as Manual

To use the focus lock feature just half-press the shutter button to focus your camera and while holding the shutter button half-way tap the screen to lock/unlock the focus.  As far as the Shutter Priority mode being rebranded, it makes sense because with a fixed aperture on our Windows Phone, you really can't have a priority mode.  But you can manually adjust the shutter speed to influence the exposure.

We tested ProShot on both the Nokia Lumia 920 and HTC 8X just briefly to see if any stability issues were present.  It's a rainy, cold day down South and while there wasn't much to take pictures of, ProShot ran fine on both Windows Phones.

There is one bug though with this latest version. For some reason the level overlay is always on when you launch ProShot. You have to go into the display tab (DSP) and turn the level overlay on then off to get rid of it. It's nothing major and hopefully easily fixed with the next update.

There is a trial version available for ProShot that will let you try all the settings out but images are not saved. The full version of ProShot is currently running $1.99 and you can find ProShot for Windows Phone 8 here in the Windows Store.

QR: ProShot

Comments

sanders2232 says:

Nice update....the focus lock is pretty sweet feature!!!

dalsmavsfan says:

I don't buy apps unless I can try them out first.

sanders2232 says:

I thought this had a trial version.

Sean Maloney says:

I'm pretty sure this didn't work in the last two versions, but I can now tap where I want to focus, like the native camera app!
Now, I only have a few requests:

1. Fix the manual white balance feature on the Lumia 920 (doesn't do anything) or make 'Auto' a lot better
  2. Custom modes are nice, but I would also like to temporarily change settings without saving, like you can with the native camera app
  3. Allow me to disable the "Leave app?" prompt

RiseUpGames says:

Hello! I am the developer for ProShot. To address your concerns:

1. It appears that manual white balance is not supported on Nokia phones (at least not on the Lumia 920. It works just fine on the HTC 8X, which suggests that this is a hardware issue). I will try to reach out to Nokia for a confirmation. Also, since the hardware will not let me manually select white balance, I cannot improve the Auto white balance function.
  2. I will take this into consideration. If I can find an intuitive way to implement it, then I will!
  3. Since it's easy to mistakenly hit the back button, I put that message in there. I will put in an option to disable the message in a future update :)

krafty11 says:

Nice to see the prompt personal reply, put me over the edge and am on my way to buy now!

Wyspr says:

I agree, it is great to see this level of engagement, thanks for the feed back RiseUpGames, kudos.

RiseUpGames says:

I am glad! I hope you enjoy ProShot and take some awesome pics! :)

WoWNyx says:

Hi RaisUpGame:
 Why is it I'm not able to shoot with my lumia920. The focus is able to lock but the shutter wont click and no image is taken. I'm still using the trail version. All settings are set to AUTO

Sean Maloney says:

1. Thanks for looking in to it!
  2. Maybe put a 'save' icon next to the existing 'back' icon under each menu.  Pressing back would make the change temporary.  Pressing save would make the change persistent.
  3. :)

Thanks for the quick feedback and for making an excellent product!

michail71 says:

Nice update! The developer has been working hard on this app.

sanders2232 says:

Ya this camera app is pretty sweet. I find rarely I use 3rd party apps but this is pretty solid.

pokokun says:

Like I said, this is one of the most promising apps at this moment. Keep up good jobs guys!

RiseUpGames says:

Thank you all for the nice words!  It's the support of the community that make the long hours worth it.

WoWNyx says:

Its a great app but for my Lumia 920 it's. Not able to tank any pics. The shutter just wont click no letter how many times I press it. Is anyone else facing similar problems?

WoWNyx says:

Hi RaisUpGame:

RiseUpGames says:

Hello WoWNyx,
For the trial version, I do not allow the user to save any photos, it is only a showcase for the UI. If you like what you see, I am sure you will enjoy to full version! :)

dv720 says:

@RiseUpGames, would you consider reworking the app icon? The WB symbols and copyright notice just become so small on a tile or in the app list that it starts looking messy.

Otherwise, love what you're doing with this app.

PhoebeRogers says:

Another great app. You have an excellent review. I agree with everything that you had said. - Michael Courouleau