Cyan on AT&T

Lumia 520 and 925 on AT&T finally get Cyan and 8.1

Longer battery life could come from new research

Microsoft 'betrayed' Finland, says Finnish finance minister of layoffs

New Treasure Tag app update ditches the 'Nokia' brand

New Nokia MixRadio update ditches the 'Nokia' brand

Windows Phones

Lumia 930 pre-orders begin in Norway Wednesday for July 10 launch

Windows Phones

Microsoft Store US site pulls pre-order listings for Nokia Lumia 635

Nokia Imaging SDK 1.2 released, Lumia SensorCore SDK out of private beta

Windows Phones

Microsoft teases possible launch date of a green Lumia or successor to the X

Microsoft partners with British designer to create wireless charging pants

Lumia 930 availability on Ireland's Meteor pushed back to mid-July

Lumia 1320, 630 availability expand to Argos Ireland

Nokia Ireland confirms Lumia 930 launch on July 3

Windows Phones

Nokia Lumia 635 going on sale in Singapore on Saturday

Nokia updates Network+ again

Brando Power Jacket for the Nokia Lumia 920, double your power, double your pleasure

Brando Power Jacket

One of the biggest struggles the past few years if you were a part of the Windows Phone community was the lack of accessories compared to iOS and Android devices. While we still may not have the number and variety they have, we are slowly gaining extra accessories for devices like the Lumia 920 and HTC 8X. Today we’ve got one more for the Lumia crowd, a cover from Brando for your 920 that packs a 2200 mAh battery in the back.

The Power Jacket for the Lumia 920 from Brando is an ergonomic portable battery pack for your device. It protects the back and side, while supplying the phone with an extra 2200 mAh battery, effectively doubling the power supply for you to a transcontinental-flight busting 4200 mAh!

Brando Power Jacket for Lumia 920

Another nifty feature of the Power Jacket is the LED lights on the back that can correspond to the amount of juice you have left in it. It also comes with a built-in stand, which will allow you to put the device in landscape mode and propped up at a nice viewing angle. The Power Jacket is supposedly light and designed with the Lumia 920 in mind. For example the device snaps onto the back of your phone and still leaves easy access to the hardware buttons on the side. Obligatory bulletin list with facts and numbers:

• Recharge Nokia Lumia 920 on the go
  • 2200 mAh High Power Capacity
  • Lightweight and Protective
  • With Battery Power Indicator
  • Input voltage - 5V
  • Input Current - 700mAh
  • Output -  5V
  • Output Current - 1000mAh
  • Charging time - 5 Hours
  • Weight - 81.5 grams
  • Size: 142mm(L) x 74mm(W) x 20mm(T)

Power Jacket Stand

We’ve gone ahead and ordered one already, since they’re going for a reasonable $37.00 and will have a hands-on/review up once the Power Jacket comes. It comes in black and white, which color are you going with?

Source: Brando Via: WMPU

Comments

peachy001 says:

Although I don't think I would ever need it I like the look of it. Great idea. Although I had assumed that it had wireless charging built in to the back.

rubenbest says:

It makes it extra big

Sam Sabri says:

Large and in charge, bitches.

BPuk says:

That is going to be my answer to questions today wherever I can get it in!

Tiwo says:

Laughed very hard :D. I'll remember that phrase for later!

schlubadub says:

You'd only use it for flights & travel... Not for general use. It's like those extra fat batteries you can get for most phones that require custom backplates. A mate had one for his HD7 but I thought it looked ridiculous :P

hopmedic says:

Not allowed to carry a 920 on flights now because it classifies as a weapon.

killer rin says:

Might as well be. According to the Android and Apple Fanboys its too heavy for the plane to be able to lift off the ground.

simphf says:

They're just jealous it takes more than a light breeze to crack the screen.

WinFan1 says:

Lmao!!! You guys and gals are too much.

CarlosTSG says:

Weapon of mass distraction (for iOS and Android users).

@hopmedic: That seriously made me LOL
@killer rin: yep; those wusses need to start going to the gym and buy themselves a *real* phone ;)

Of course, how many of them read this story
and thought to themselves "Hmmm, ya know what..." Sad but true... (not the story but their initial response to it lol)

Techiedude

insi says:

M8s like you show that wp is the kewlest os, just like the guys n gals that use it! :-)

Gilceleb says:

Lol, you should stop playing QONQR on your WP.

ahmadcrofton says:

I'm going with white

tavisdunn says:

Litterally turns the lumia in to a brick.

Chemilinski says:

Well that won't make any significant change then! :P

isi mcf says:

I think my only question is how qi charging will effect it, if at all

I'm assuming it won't work?

Sam Sabri says:

Depends on how thick the space will be between the wireless charging plate inside the Lumia 920 and the charger. If the case makes the distance greater than 'X' it won't work. Now somebody remind us what that 'X' value is.

If if the distance is close enough, I would feel nervous sending an electric charge through the battery in a manner that it is meant to be. Would love to know also though.

CJ Thunder says:

Will that just charge the phone or the case and the phone? charging port points to camera on that pic. Also if I do use a wire will that charge the case or the case and the phone. Seems too cheap to have integrated wire throughput or Qi charging, but I've been surprised before. Pics and article don't really address this.

sholokov says:

I wonder if that is actually pointing to Qi charging, and not the camera.

juan6996 says:

We defenetly need to know this in the review.

paulomalley says:

I just bought one, I'll be sure to let you know.

On it's website it specifically states to charge phone and case separately. So I'm guessing it would be a bad idea to put this on your phone, then set your phone on your wireless charger.

cdbstl76 says:

Perfect for my flights for work! Very happy with his option, and if you review is on the plus side, I will definitely get one!

Sam Sabri says:

Daniel already ordered one. Knowing him, you can expect a video of the device and his thoughts once it shows up on his desk.

cdbstl76 says:

Yeah, I expected he had... I look forward to the write up!

tositem says:

I'll go with black - like my lumia 920! :D

wpstan says:

Where to get one...I live in Canada..can anyone help

schlubadub says:

Did you even bother clicking the link in the article (or View Links from the app)? It's an online website - I'm sure they can post it to you.

justmoe40 says:

does not even charge more if you are in canada. bought mine to come to canada.

Rishicash says:

Yes. Move. :)

Alex Kj says:

More like "double your size, double your weight" ;-) Pretty poor "band-aid" fix for WP8 and its app's power-sapping bugs

juan6996 says:

WP8 has no battery issues. This isn't even from Nokia/Microsoft, so its not a "band-aid fix". Its an OPTIONAL accessory that many phones have, like androids and iphones. Go troll somewhere else.

joeynox says:

U must be drinking the cool aid because wp8 has massive battery issues. Just read the forums. It affects 8x phones nokias and the new Sammy.

oscargodson says:

Every phone has major battery issues. My wifes iPhone battery dies now within a couple hours. My 4 and 3GS had battery problems. My friend with a nexus complains. My 920 actually lasts 24hrs with occasional use or hardcore use a full workday. But really, look up any phone and "battery usage" and you'll be sure to find people complaining about terrible battery performance because batteries in general suck.

myrandex says:

Eh my Lumia 920 gets better battery life than any other smartphone I've used...

Pappa Ed says:

A big +1 on that!

thekonger says:

Oh you silly people. My 920 battery life blows the battery life of my EvoShift and old iPhone 3GS out of the water. The battery issues were due to background tasks and settings which were on by default that should have been off.
If you want to reference the forums you should refer to all posts, not just all the old ones. The same types of posts have lttered the Iphone and Android forums as well.

gamepop says:

What are you talking , I easily get a full day with heavy usage

schlubadub says:

It's for travel... Not general use

cashcar1979 says:

I get a full day of battery and I am a power user...

MadSci2 says:

The only power problems I had were related to an App I installed. Deleted it and I'm back to going all day with heavy use and not needing to charge u til the evening. Unlike my wife's iPhone 4s and its obligatory Morphie JuicePac, or my Daughter's iPhone 5 which has the endurance of a hummingbird, or the numerous Roids at work, which seem to forever be plugged in somewhere.
If your WinPhone has a short battery life, start uninstalling stuff till you find the culprit. It isn't WP8 itself

schlubadub says:

Start by disabling background tasks one at a time too

gamepop says:

Ah I really don't need it , but still want it :)

dkp23 says:

This looks nice.  I was expecting a 50-75 price point, $40, not bad..im cheap

EzraWard says:

If I get one, probably go with the black. I can't tell, but I assume this charges the Lumia through the Micro USB at the bottom?
Also, oddly enough, the Brando site says not to charge the phone and case at the same time(take the phone out of the case when charging the case). You know that's going to happen a lot with people.
This seems like the perfect road companion for the phone if you know you will be away from the charger for long periods of time. I hope it lives up to the potential and there aren't deal breaking bugs/issues.
Edit: 1. Duh. The pictures on Brando's site show that the phone is charged through the Micro USB port.
2. Fixed Micro USB spelling. 3. Fixed spelling again.

Joshoon says:

This looks very nice, and very cheap too!
But the thickness keeps me a bit away from it, it doubles the thickness of the device, which is pretty much!

Like the morphie juice.

tomatoes11 says:

The biggest phone ever made plus this power pack equals ridiculously big beyond belief.

Xaphoon148 says:

Biggest phone ever...
You just born...?

phatboy66 says:

For the price its pretty good but the thickness...

TechnoTim says:

Don't think I'll be getting it but thanks for support windows phone.

rodneyej says:

What pisses me of is these case makers who don't embrace the 920 camera bezel, and cover it up... Well maybe in this case, no pun intended,, it was necessary, but, in the case of other cases it's ridiculous...

cashcar1979 says:

Get an Incipio case and calm down Holmes...

rodneyej says:

I don't want a stupid Incipio case! And, don't call me Holmes ever again or I'm going to getcha!!! Also, change your name from cashcar to spankinbacon1979.. Will you move to Moscow with me?? What color are your nose hairs?? Hey spankingbacon.. You smell like kangaroo meat!! I'm going to take a Lumia 920 chew it up, spit it out into a blender, then add a Samsung Focus and make you a i920 milk shake.. Would you like that? I will mail my dog to you Fed-EX two day.. He will arrive with red slippers on, and a green hat. He has no hair.... For real!! I put waffles on my charging plate for bad luck. What's 1$&a plus 456d:-o❓Are you good at math? I'm good at walking to the left, not so good at walking to the right.... Pokia, Gramsung, FTC, Krotorola, just to name a few. I can't wait till we get higher definition screens on these phones! The next Lumia will have a 4k resolution screen if you eat a telephone pole,, I promise! Steven Elop told me to tell you that you should change your name from spankinbacon1979 to Elopsbarber1492... Two ghost go into a bar, one ghost said "look at my feet"" the other says,,, "Its not supposed to happen that way"" get it? Those ghost are archeologists .......Lol!!
So, you say get a Incipio case? Ok I will check that out. Right now I got a pretty cool case that I found on Ebay. Its a red two piece case that's working fine for now, but I will check out that Incipio case.. Thanks for the tip dude❗❗

ggonzalez777 says:

I think I f'ed my brain reading that. Why do I want read it again!!!??? Oh no here I go......gahhhhhhh!!!!!

rodneyej says:

I can write more if you like.

rodneyej says:

Ok... Blue beans turn into yellow taxi cabs after dark marshmallows burn jet fuel for twenty Lumias walking loudly thru Pureview medows.. A tarp full of Venue pros illuminates spankinbacon1980's liver until spankinbacon1980 can't see the color purple no more! Why would he fish for a 8X in the broken waters of search land? Jack a Jill went to fetch a pail of whatever pigments are made of just to find out that color is in the eye of the tractor's tail pipe. Can you smell the innovation of the peach? Peach? Peach? Peach? Why not pineapple processors???? You see, its all about how many gigs clouds can divide into dollars!! Who's the master??.. Balmer,, Steve Balmer.. He says Bomb Her to many pickles before breakfast starts to emulate his style! Answer this... Why would I fish for darts when my parents can't keep my pants from turning left or right? Anymore Americans want to see what's benchmarking the pursuit of polycarbonate, because I sure do don't you? This is a good day, a hot day indeed.. You're sweeting front facing cameras out your eye lids... Yes you are I can see them because they are connected to all eight of your legos.. It will all be better if you quit eating Polaroid cameras. Asbestos is the fluid to manufacture happiness in spankinbacons reality. To all that love spankinbacon,, he loves you back and wants to wish you all a distorted, woody, high pressure bubble bath.... For real... I love all of my WP folks, and hold strong my people because good, very good days, are to come. We are the select few, for now, and this is something special that we all are a part of.. Peace and joy my brothers❗❗❗❗❗❗

Cool story holmes.

rodneyej says:

Holmes?? Lol!!! JonnieLasVegas you are granted 2 wishes.. Use them with care!

Tiwo says:

You certainly deserve a medal

rodneyej says:

Graphite will suffice.. Lol!

Rishicash says:

Funniest reply I've ever read!

rodneyej says:

We need more laughter.. Balance!

Sharpmango says:

I would definitely get this..... If i was rich enough to go on plane flights all the time lol. Looks perfect for travel use.

ebradley says:

Would have this for travel only.

MajickmanW says:

Looks pretty sweet! I got a good case on amazon for like ten bucks there's lots of reasonably priced accessories for the 920 there

I closed my eyes and clicked purchase now!

jlynnm350z says:

Indicator lights for what, I know, I know read the article. . I got a headache

I'll be getting the Black, and the white :) For a Red, and a White 920.

sayonical says:

Come on WpCentral perform your public duty and review this baby ASAP.

Sam Sabri says:

It's en route.

J Hisham says:

Hey Sam, wondering if you've received the Brando Power Jacket yet? I'd really like to see your review on this accessory and note whether it's worth buying. I'm very interested in this product.

tds101 says:

It's a battery, bitches!!! Me likey,... :-)

DaveGx says:

I wish this phone was small enough where using this would be practical. As much as the battery life sucks already, I'm not making my phone any bigger than what it already is.

madmoondog says:

Does wireless charging still work?

AznRaven says:

juss bought one... totally forgot to change my paypal address from my hawaii address to my california address when i made the purchese... didn't even look at the address when i hit confirm!!! the the customer service is quick and responsive!!! was able to change my address within 10 minutes of the transaction... thank god!!!

I know right! I was like why isn't there a shipping address thing...

Cellus13 says:

Holy freaking crap that's amazing! Who cares if it's thick! You can put it on when your about to run out of battery! Its good to see the positive effect the Lumia brand is having positive effect on wp8

That was my idea... Even if it's not completely up to exact specs a little more battery life for certain situations was mainly why I needed it... Besides my Boss was always bragging about the one he had for his iPhone! Now I can put his ass to rest!:p

rbxtreme says:

The site for Brando doesn't seem to mention how light this weighs... And I personally feel its gonna ruin the stellar looks of the 920

Sam Sabri says:

It weighs 81.5 grams, which is about 2.8748279 ounches, which is about 0.000089838371875 tons. Does that help? :)

rbxtreme says:

Thanks buddy...:)

latempete says:

Nice! Now I just need a 920.

BoBallistic says:

Makes a bulky phone bulkier but I really like this I could get two days of use with this

GhostITMG says:

Wow.  If I put this on and used my 920 as normal, I would be seeing approximately 60-65 hours of life between recharges!  That's almost stupid  WANT!!!!

sqlchicken says:

I'm a consultant and constantly travelling. This is perfect solution and awesome price. Will wait for review before pulling trigger though.

sqlchicken says:

Couldn't resist, bought one. Can't wait!

AfroPhysics says:

I bought one. For $40 I'll give it a shot as backup.

Same here!
$40 are nothing here in Sweden. Lets give it a shot as u said ;-)
gonna be fun to test it.

Its a killer backup battery option, clever too. The Qi charging gives designers room to stretch on shape, very cool. I'll be looking to this as a backup option.

The good thing is that the QI Will work thru this, lobbamobba on youtube tested alot of different materials between qi charger and the phone. So i Think it Will wofk just great.
BUT! It Will charge slower :-p

BoBallistic says:

you know my wireless charging plate actually stacks up well against a conventional USB charger it isn't very noticeable in charging speed difference

mandartd says:

It serves both the purposes, as a case and as a charger too! Ordered just now. Thanks.

This is so gross. Phone is big enough already.

Lol, I think it's too small.

ShortStuff says:

Well its smaller then a huge ass otter box

cowboy620 says:

Me want now not tomorrow LOL.

rossart12 says:

Oh, I want. Does it come with instructions to avoid injury, say from dropping it on (and subsequently breaking) your foot? :)

CrackFachry says:

Ordered the White One. The shipping fee is quite reasonable to Indonesia ($3)
Now My Yellow Lumia 920 can look Black (wearing CC0-1043) or White (using this case/charger). Yay!!

junloibong says:

Udah juga,40 dolar buat lumia920 gw

GSzah says:

Can anyone confirm: Shipping is 3USD worldwide? Seems to be as I checkout with paypal. I live in Finland

HaibaneReki says:

exactly my question (Czech Republic)

TudorD says:

3 usd worldwide

siriustds says:

Well i just ordered the black one , will check and review it , for travelling i think its an great option and for emergency backup..very cheap as well..will check the size how much big it makes the phone.

Okay, now where can I find one for my 820?
Um, yes, EIGHT 20. Nokia makes another high-end Lumia phone as well you know.

No front photos of the white one. So maybe black on white looks better than white on white? Then again... why then did they even make a white one. Hmm. What to choose...

TudorD says:

already ordered one black....hope it's good for protection as well

jakrog says:

• Input Current - 700mAh
  • Output Current - 1000mAh

It's always interesting how confusing units seem to be. Does it output 1000 mAh per hour? Per day? ;)

GizmoEV says:

It is probably mAh/h since that would then be mA which would be the correct units.

yeah mAh, is a measure of energy or something like that, used to measure the capacity og a battery

I think they mixed stuff up, as it should give max current output 1000 mA

Hi
How I will get in uae ?

schlubadub says:

Go to the website

restlessdan says:

Looks good. I would like this for my 920 for holidays so camera and video usage would be longer.

Don't like the idea of charging through the camera like the picture shows though lol.

Wow, that looks impressive! Maybe it charges while photographing an electric socket. :D

restlessdan says:

Ahhh the future, what a wonderful thing :)

jiayit says:

Now we just need Mr. Lobbamobba's awesome video review :)

just asking, is current measured in mAh, or just mA?

saputraj says:

As a sales guy, this will come handy. Patiently waiting for a review.

I want but I think I'll wait for a review from somebody here.

Ignotum666 says:

My own is on the way! Really cool!

hazarizal says:

I'd just ordered the black one. Can't wait to have it delivered! I've been looking for this for a long time.

MadSci2 says:

@Daniel or anyone who buy s one - would like yourself r thoughts on whether its compatible with a ZAGG skin on the phone. Looks great for travel, but not if it won't fit with a protective skin on the phone, or if it chews up the film. Thanks.

shadoweye14 says:

Le me Want haha

Iskassasya says:

You think we'll see one of these for the Lumia 820? :-\

wbrodrigues says:

wait! why would you need a battery jacket when you already get 16+ hours on a single charge?

Bill McGee says:

Will be interesting to see reviews. I like the kickstand idea, not too concerned about heft, but doubling my 920 thickness may be a bit much.

dabs1710 says:

We need more 3rd party parts manufacturers as well. Replacement screens for the Lumia series cost 3-5 times as much as the iPhone or Galaxy series.

pazces84 says:

So how about a review of this already?

In the picture it says "mini-USB charging port"? I assume they mean Micro-?

jh20001 says:

Their website says micro

jh20001 says:

That's it? All of these people ordered one but no one got it in yet? :( Doesn't the world know our attention spans are shrinking? We want intel now!! :)

solution2u says:

No 1 review it ?

I just figured out how to check my order after never receiving any info from them after a week waiting for something as I forgot I ordered this case…  If you ordered from Brando and have no idea about your order go to the home page of shop.brando.com go to the navigation bar click on click on order tracking and input your PayPal transaction ID or whatever you used transaction ID…
For those that ordered it from the USA it looks like 7-20 days and so far mine has not even been touched after waiting a week… I sent them a message and I am thinking maybe my order somehow got lost or they didn’t have enough in stock but either way I never dealt with anything like this that only uses your PayPal purchase ID without having a user account tied to the website…

Rusty James says:

I checked and my order was in Germany and now is in Hong Kong. Checking does not always work. Keep trying.

learntopop says:

I ordered mine on the 31st. It shipped on feb 5th. Still waiting for its arrival. I've also spotted these on ebay, I should have ordered one from there. I'm hoping its not sitting in customs in China because Chinese New Year is delaying the hell out of everything as it seems it stretches for 10/11 days.

jh20001 says:

I can't stand it when that happens. "We apologize but we aren't going to mail this to you for over a week....then you have to wait 1-2 more weeks on top of that for it to slow ship to you in a small packet with nothing more than a string and a piece of tape protecting it from being opened (half the time...I admit the other half of the time they fully tape the packages shut).

Ordered Feb. 2nd, shipped 4th, recieved 2 today.. In the Netherlands that is.

yojoebosolo says:

are there any outlets/sites/anything that people in the UK can order from?? $39 for shipping to the UK is a bit much... more than the case itself!

Nick Low says:

Will this be available in Malaysia?