Joe Belfiore announces new updates, sheds some details on lock screen app

More reports of changes to Cortana suggests a Microsoft update is inbound

Games

Xbox Game The Harvest returns from the wastelands to Windows Phone 8

Games

Rail Rush celebrates Easter with the latest update

Microsoft Store giving away $100 credit; simply trade up your Windows XP dinosaur (US and Canada Only)

Windows 8 Apps+Games

Windows 8 app update roundup: Music, Video, and Evernote receive new features and performance tweaks

Microsoft to fix Internet Explorer vulnerability along with other system exploits next week

Software

Office 2013 receives Service Pack 1 - includes major bug fixes and minor tweaks

Xbox

Microsoft is inviting gamers to preview the next Xbox One update – you could be one of them

Xbox

How to fix the Xbox One black screen of death (and it's only temporary)

Deal Alert: T-Mobile Nokia Lumia 925 available for $289 at Newegg

Visualized – Windows Phone 8 versus 8.1

Developers leak Windows Phone 8.1 SDK, reveal new features

Pepper for Windows Phone updated with general fixes; get involved to add your local venues

Hold the call as Skype for Windows Phone 8 gets updated with general improvements

Viber v4 hits the Windows Phone Store with stickers, notification sounds and more

Windows 8 Apps+Games

Fitbit and Mint apps for Windows 8 both recieve minor updates - fixes login problems for both services

Windows 8 Apps+Games

Xbox Music for Windows 8.1 recieves a minor update

Latest WeChat update for Windows Phone brings increased group sizes and more

Want to see new features in Endomondo? Voice your requests to shape future updates

< >

The beast is out. Microsoft releases Portico update to more Lumia owners

Lumia 920

Just as we covered UK mobile operator EE rolling out the Windows Phone 8 update, reports have flooded in from multiple markets, including Italy, Germany and Russia. We're witnessing Microsoft gradually open the flood gates to release the Portico update to more consumers, which is a sign that progress is strong and issues are few and far between.

Unfortunately, we only know of Nokia hardware receiving the Portico update. This is a downer for those who wield Samsung or HTC Windows Phone 8 devices. We previously looked at both Germany and Italy being bumped to the latest version of Windows Phone, but this marks the start of a more global push.

Have you received the Portico update? Be sure to let us know in the comments.

via: WP7forum.ruthanks everyone who tipped us!

Comments

Iskassasya says:

No me neither, exactly same device Sim Free in UK

george.matar says:

Received in Bahrain on Nokia Lumia 920...

Jez Corden says:

HTC 8x unbranded got portico over a month ago. lol

iusti says:

Hi there, nothing on my Lumia 920 here in France.
Any announcement on the estimated date of deployment?
Cheers,
iusti

scumpuppy says:

UK O2 user here, manually checking shows my lumia 820 to have the update, downloading now

Probot says:

Got it too: Germany, Lumia 820, NOT BRANDED, carrier Congstar

hudsonguy64 says:

US AT&T HTC 8X received update to OS version 8.0.10211.204 this morning. Did not auto install. Had to manually check for updates to pull it down.

mir3c says:

Reporting no update for my unbranded 820 lumia in Slovakia (Telekom).

lfjj says:

Unlocked 920 in Sweden, nothing.

Tobbe says:

Same story, no update presented to unlocked 920 on Telia network

Tobbe says:

Hepp. How nice of Portico to finally drop by. Patience is a virtue..

luuthachvn says:

Nothing in Vietnam. So boring!!!

scumpuppy says:

Is it just me that had my brightness set to HIGH after the update? That's a bit weird, always have it on low and after the update it was set to HIGH, weird

sigurdel says:

I just installed the update. Lumia 920 on Telenor in Norway.

updates are on for unlocked Lumia 920 in Dubai

Lumia 920 in Dubai..update downloaded but couldn't Open :-(

kajak68 says:

Nothing yet, still waiting in sweden...

Lumia 920, EE UK. Update last night. Phone turned itself off during the night and needed soft reset this morning. Network not available for the last 9hours, no emails, messages, tiles not updating. Battery dead in just 10 hours. Others i know who have not updated on the same network have not had problems. Resetting phone now........ AVOID THE UPDATE!!!!!!

cyborgnish says:

Woohoooo! Finally portico update on my Lumia 920! Checked for it manually.
- From Bahrain (US Store Configured) on unlocked lumia 920!

baseballbert says:

Nothing on my att Lumia 920

Got it. Installed it. Seems ok but phone locked up again tonight. Soft reset required and time reset to 1st sept again as before. This has been reported as a bug in numerous forums so a bit disappointed its not fixed. Camera seems better in daylight though. Lumia 920. EE. UK.

Ducksbane says:

I'm just downloading the update on Telstra in Australia with my Lumia 920. It didn't tell me it was available ... I had to search for updates from settings.

Andy Smith2 says:

Is this supposed to have been released in Canada? Phone says up to date but I was never prompted with a notification.

Iain_S says:

Rogers sent out the update the same day as att sent out the update, have had this on my 920 for awhile now.

hamphlet says:

Got my Lumia 920 updated yesterday on UK EE & immediately noticed a big improvement in the signal at home. Now seeing up to 3G+ where in the past I had been lucky to get H. At work though it's a very different kettle of fish. There the signal was always poor too, but whilst I have again seen a slight improvement I have found that the phone completely loses signal & doesn't get it back. This required a few restarts yesterday. Last night as I was leaving I noticed it was showing 'No Service' again. I drove the three miles home & this did not change at any point on the way. I had to restart the phone to get it working again. I had a look this morning & noticed that the phone was set to 4G for highest connection speed. I don't have a 4G sim so I've changed it to 3G. Can't see this making much difference, but you never know. If not I'll have to head back to the Orange shop.

Updated my 920 but the update does not fix the screen blackout bug while/after calling. I thought it would but maybe they excluded it from the Norwegian release or something.

snakechia says:

I'd the latest firmware and update for Lumia 920. (Portico) but experience unusual battery drain. With full charge of 100% leaving the phone on desk, 1 hour down the load, left 86%!

Only 3 email accounts set with sync every 30mins, during the period, no SMS, no call, nothing is on. Including WiFi is off too.

Anyone experience it as well?

Yevolution says:

Rocking the Portico PR1.1 update on my Aus Telstra 920 :D
Screen auto-brightness heaps more responsive now and that Telstra multi-sms/mms bug seems to be fixed now!

iamdmarks says:

I totally didn't expect to get the updated pushed down to me today. I have an unbranded, unlocked 920 with a Telus SIM  that I popped in TODAY. It told me there was new updates and within 10 minutes, the package was downloaded, installed and my phone rebooted for action!

Iskassasya says:

STILL no update? Unlocked Lumia 820 UK with Orange/EE Sim? :-/

Alan Harland says:

STILL no update for me either  Unlocked Lumia 820 UK with Vodafone.

Iskassasya says:

Yep still without update, whats happened to us?

VikArmo says:

Still haven't received the update for my unlocked 920.

Hey, I have a branded Orange Lumia 920 from Poland, but I'm using it in Belgium (with a Proximus sim card). Can anyone tell me how that affects when I get the update? Will I get it when other Orange Lumias in Poland get it? (I'm checking for the update through WiFi anyway, so I can't see how my current carrier can affect that..)
Thanks

how1ard says:

ALL OF YOU WITH UNLOCKED 820/920 PHONES PLEASE READ THIS THAT WAS SENT TO ME BY NOKIA:
" I have checked into this for you the answer is that not all IMEI’s (handset serial numbers) are going to have the update available at the same time this is simply because everyone would try and update their handset at the same time causing the update to crash. I have it on good authority that the update should be available to you very soon however I cannot specify exactly what batch your handset will be in."

vldc says:

Denmark (unlocked) portico 920 just became available for me

muvig says:

what is new/changes on this update? Still waiting for FM Radio

Adnan Shahid says:

Although I haven't received the Portico update here in Pakistan, but what I am gathering form Microsoft forums, is that Portico is laced with issues like phone freeze when locked, signal dropping to zero on standby and auto reboot on idle and during calls. If such issues are predominant in the update, I rather stay without it till a major WP8 update for 920 is made available.

I have a Nokia lumia 820 on orange or EE, i was wondering if anyone had an ideas when the update would be available

jdholland79 says:

I go the update on my 822 on Verizon check your build number you may already have it and not relize it

jdholland79 says:

If you got the update build number should be 8.0.10211.204

YEP, dowloaded it yesterday and got the pro - cam app and some other interesting apps.   Not a bad time!

MarcoBug322 says:

just checkin...and wow its rolling
greeting holland on Hi and a lumia 1020

mwah its gdr3 why do i get here ??

jahduce says:

Not even recieved the GDR3 update yet and your talking about Portico, give me a break. 920 owner...

Pages