Blackboard

Blackboard for Windows in the works?

VLC making its way to Windows Phone very soon

Microsoft 'betrayed' Finland, says Finnish finance minister of layoffs

New Treasure Tag app update ditches the 'Nokia' brand

The best exclusive Windows Phone apps

Windows Phone 7.8 mainstream support ends September 9

New Nokia MixRadio update ditches the 'Nokia' brand

Windows Phones

Lumia 930 pre-orders begin in Norway Wednesday for July 10 launch

Windows Phones

Microsoft Store US site pulls pre-order listings for Nokia Lumia 635

Nokia Imaging SDK 1.2 released, Lumia SensorCore SDK out of private beta

Windows Phones

Microsoft teases possible launch date of a green Lumia or successor to the X

Microsoft partners with British designer to create wireless charging pants

Lumia 930 availability on Ireland's Meteor pushed back to mid-July

Lumia 1320, 630 availability expand to Argos Ireland

Nokia Ireland confirms Lumia 930 launch on July 3

Ringtone Maker once again available and working for Windows Phone 7.8

Ringtone Maker

Nokia isn't quite bringing sexy back, but we'll instead take Ringtone Maker. The app was unavailable for those who upgraded to Windows Phone 7.8 early, as we previously reported on back in December. The app was subsequently removed due to it causing issues. Since then we've had no Ringtone Maker, but Nokia has swooped in and laid the golden egg.

Reviews on the store so far are positive, which is always a good sign that everything's back in working order. Unfortunately the app isn't listed in the Nokia Collection, so be sure to search for the app or use the link or QR code in this article. Should you wish to take a song and cut it to make your own ringtones, be sure to check out this app on your Lumia Windows Phone.

You can download Ringtone Maker from the Windows Phone Store. via: Plaffo; thanks, Dario, for the tip!

QR: Ringtone Maker

Comments

absolutshame says:

Still a no-go on WP8.

CrazyWP8 says:

works fine on my lumia 620 .....

Pl4ub says:

I have had it on my L920 since the first version, working well. Check some older article and find link.

Z10YkakPES says:

Link might be old, but store updates, I dont think you can get old version, I might be wrong

absolutshame says:

Thanks fellas, trying to locate it now.

chad08er says:

Doesn't show all my songs still needs some improvement.

Pl4ub says:

You have like 666 songs? Have been working well with my huge number of 50 mp3s.

chad08er says:

Nope,just five albums and only nine songs show up.

Same issue here but I have over 500 at least and not even half are showing up on my 920... :/

chad08er says:

Just converted my songs to MP3 now its working.

Guys it only shows .mp3format

Ultimateone says:

I wish they released it on all WP8, it worked great on my old 822 but it's not available for my 8x :(

DJRedLine says:

Yeah shame its a Nokia only, would love something like this on 8x

This only shows half of my songs on my 920

Only mp3 songs. No wma sad

Rockartisten says:

It works fine on my 7.8 Lumia 800 and I've been using it this whole time. What issues are you talking about?

dirtbound says:

Still looking for word on Cinemagraph and Bluetooth share for my 900 running 7.8... But this is a good start.

Does not work with wma files which is a joke...most of my music is all wma files that play in zune but not count as a ringtone.  I can just edit the genre to ringtone in zune..edit the song in audacity and pic it from my ringtone list without an app.

Sarang68 says:

Sorry off topic. Anyone has error like sorry cant play this file on your phone on YouTube? Concerning nokia 920. Thanks

Yay thank god :)

Planblover08 says:

Works great on my L900 with 7.8

TonyDedrick says:

This app for WP8 did have issues. None of my music would show up (all in mp3 format). Then someone suggested one day to turn off the Xbox Music cloud option in the settings. Sure enough, my music suddenly appeared in the app.

sucks that HTC isn't coming up with things like this.. Argh!!

Dante X says:

Only works with mp3, no wma :(

MrVol84 says:

It's giving me a compatibility issues warning on my L920. Says it only supports 480x800 resolution.

Yet another Nokia only app. At this point why even bother with HTC huawei and Samsung? Lumias are obviously the only devices getting any special treatment.

illumia says:

I don't think this is a special treatment, it's more of a result of Nokia's creativity hard work and dedication to the wp platform. There's a huge amount of apps made by Nokia and many of them are dropping their Lumia exclusivity after some time. Like Nokia maps. I doubt HTC or Samsung will ever make their exclusive apps freely available.

Residing says:

@accursedvenom...Nokia created and developed this app - this is not some 3rd party app that they have an exclusivity deal with.  In other words, a Nokia developed app for Nokia devices...surely this makes sense to you?

How hard would it be for HTC/Samsung to make such an app especially since they have their own apps that they created and developed themselves.

Obviously that makes sense. The point is they are the only ones doing it. HTC hasn't made an exclusive app since they re-released the sound enhancer and moved it to phone settings instead of a stand alone app. I know the next line is "buy a Nokia device". Can't afford it with rent, car payment and child care. Tmo wants almost 180 for the 810. I've only upgraded once with them and that's the best they can do. Perhaps I should threaten to cancel my plan?

Mr. Tofu says:

Do it. My wife and I got 2 free 810's out of them. Ask for the loyalty dept. They also tacked on a bunch of other extras and discounts.

Scatty69 says:

you are getting this wrong.
lumia users are getting special treatmant ;)

ymala1 says:

Hey guys, anybody know of any decent ringtone creating apps on wp8?

splash112 says:

I've had this version for ages and it doesn't work for me

kyleeds says:

when cinemagraph for winpho 7.8?