Windows Phone vs BlackBerry

UK Windows Phone users may go above BlackBerry's

Live coverage

HTC Windows Phone live blog, live from New York City

HTC One W8

HTC press event August 19th for One W8 Windows Phone?

Verizon to get HTC One (W8) for Windows Phone on August 21

5.8 million Lumia smartphones sold this last quarter

From the Forums

What made you buy Windows Phone in the first place?

WPCentral News

Are you buying a new Windows Phone soon or waiting for new hardware?

This $300 case will let the Nokia Lumia 1020 go to the bottom of the sea

Microsoft exec hints at new HTC Windows Phone at Computex

Take your Lumia 1020 underwater like Cousteau with this $299 Watershot case

Hotel Tonight app debuts on Windows Phone, special promo code available

HTC W8 to reportedly include BoomSound and duo cameras

Lumia 630 now available in Russia, Lumia 930 up for pre-order

HTC W8 reported to be a 'flagship' Windows Phone 8.1 release for Verizon

How To

How to share your Windows Phone's internet - whether or not your carrier wants you to

Pin a big old clock on your Windows Phone 8.1 Start screen with Clock Hub

Developers

Microsoft opens up OEM portal, build your own Windows Phone

Developers

Microsoft to host new Publish Windows developer days with awesome prizes

Software

Sprint confirms Windows Phone 8.1 update for HTC 8XT and Samsung ATIV S Neo this summer

HTC rumored to be building a Windows Phone version of the new Android flagship

TITAN Repaint

From the Forums: HTC Titan lives on, thanks to a refreshing paint job

The HTC Titan is a sleek, attractive Windows Phone that still remains to be a favourite among many consumers. Now that both the 8S and 8X are readily available in multiple markets, how does one spice up the Titan to prolong (or refresh) its beauty? A fresh paint job, of course. This is also perfect if you've somehow managed to accumulate a few scratches on the back plate.

The above shot is of a Titan that has received such treatment, and we must say the end result is pretty neat - especially the glossy finish. Community member mj12bot kicked off a thread on our forum where a handful of photos were published for viewing. It makes us want to quickly head on out and get our nails done too.

Be sure to head on over to the "Titan aint dead! New Paintjob gives Freshness!" thread on our forum to check out more shots and to leave some feedback.

Thanks, M.Ulmer, for the tip!

Comments

mrshamoozoo says:

beautiful. i want to do this to my old titan, even though its collecting dust on my dresser

joanzen says:

I have an idea of how to freshen up the Titan with AT&T. How about some OS updates?

lubbalots says:

How about Titan 3 with ultrapixels. I'm sure this won't happen until they truly open their eyes that Android is actually killing them.

Mike Asfaw says:

I totally agree. AT&T show us that you care about your customers!!!!!

TheNygardian says:

Can AT&T PLEASE just give us 7.8? Please?

karelj says:

Yeah!!! And some love for the Titan II as well.

xconomicron says:

AT&T are laughing at your words atm...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Eye D 10 T says:

I did the update with that seven-eighter tool, worked great.

apocacrux says:

What is that weird "R" shape next to the windows phone? It makes it look unfinished.

mj12bot says:

Hi apocacrux,
it is the stylised "R" of my Webdesign Company Logo. Since i use my Phone mainly for Business (which again has to do with designing), i thought it's a nice idea ;)
But who doesn't know this surely may be wondering about it, so i undestand your opinion.

Apoc says:

I was hoping Colorware, had finally started doing other phones besides iPhones. Guess not. Good looking Titan by the way!

JMBasquiat says:

"Remains to be"?

cam45fblax says:

Makes me wish my old titan didnt crack the screen so I can do something sweet to it like this, but im happy with the Titan II :-)

oldpueblo says:

There are three titans in my family, two of them have terrible muffled mics. There is no fix. There is nothing we can do. So welp.

lemonsteveo says:

Sadly, my Titan has been confined to toilet duties after the arrival of my 920. Any ideas for a better use for it?

Ah, but it's tougher to bestow that love on a T-II (no removable back cover).
No 7.8 for any Titans (I or II) blame HTC and use the work-around at your own risk.
Hopefully, they'll make that M1 (ultra-pixels and all) an 8x+ very soon.

Mike Ho says:

Actually there is a way to do the 7.8 upgrade without any risk. See this link http://www.quora.com/Windows-Phone-7/When-will-the-WP-7-8-update-be-avai...

saputraj says:

Mine is fully unlocked and flashed with Cooked ROM. Sadly, it's been in the drawer since the arrival of my Lumia 920.

rezzet#CB says:

The main problem with the original Titan (which I owned) is that it only supports lousy AT&T 4G HSPA+ connection and not the overwhelmingly faster 4G LTE. The connection speed original Titan produced were laughable and inconsistent. The top speed I have even gotten on it was 3.2mb/s. And majority of the time it sat on barely faster than 3G speed of around 0.6kb/s - 1mb/s. Slow enough not to be able to stream majority of the videos live. If we are going to glamorize a "legacy" phone, it at least should be Titan 2.