ZEN and TECH 52: Fitness month sleep and relaxation special!

Georgia and Rene are joined by WPCentral's Daniel Rubino, a former sleep technician, to discuss the importance of rest, relaxation, meditation, and... sleep! We talk about common sleeping problems, and offer tips and advice on getting better, healthier sleep. Join us!

Show notes

Hosts

Disclaimer

While Georgia is a therapist, she's not YOUR therapist. Everything said or implied on this show is for informational and entertainment purposes only. And shouldn't be taken in any way as a replacement for proper, professional care.

Credits

Music is Peace on Earth by wellman.

Thanks everyone, you're the best community on the web and we love having you with us!

Comments

L0gic Bom8 says:

Interesting Daniel. You learn something new every day.

WinFan1 says:

Wow thanks Daniel that helped me so much I have alot of the stuff that you talk about and I also use gadgets alot every night.

1101x10 says:

There's a nice free PC application called F.LUX which changes your screens colour temperature overnight. I've found this makes it more relaxing to use and helps you sleep quicker as there is less bright blue light.

Yup, that's a great app. Highly recommended.

WinFan1 says:

How much does a sleep study cost for someone without health insurance?

not cheap, usually around $2K. There's a lot setup for the equipment, all night monitoring and then analysis.

WinFan1 says:

I think I might have the osa you talked about is there anything I can use to reduce the blockage of the air passageways? 2k is alot of money and I just cannot afford that but I feel this lack of sleep is becoming quite troubling for me in my job.

xconomicron says:

There are a lot of free sleep studies available at various universities/health research centers.  You might could check that out?

WinFan1 says:

thanks ill look into that

Yup, research studies are good. We did 'em at the hospital.

Other things to alleviate OSA: Breathe Right nasal strip, nasal decongestant spray, lose weight (big one), sleep on your sides, never your back.

runciter says:

Nice! I didn't even know this podcast existed. Is there a way to get the audio link into the WPC app and not just video? I know you can click browser and get to it via the web page but that's an extra click or two :)

Not now, but we'll look into creating a feed for our other podcasts.

mythra says:

The person on the left and on the right are well suited for sleeping together. :)

Tee says:

What is this other side of you Mr. Danny?