Nokia Lumia 520

Pics of the Nokia Lumia 720 and 520 surface

We've heard rumors on the Nokia Lumia 520 and 720 and now we are seeing images of these two new Windows Phones.

The Nokia Lumia 720 (a.k.a. "Fame"), pictured above, is reported to have a 4.3" ClearBlack display, 1Ghz Dual-core processor, 512MB RAM, 8GB of storage, HSPA+, micro-SD card expansion, and 6MP/2MP rear/front camera combination.

Nokia Lumia 720
Nokia Lumia 720

The Lumia 502 (a.k.a. "Zeal) should sport a 4" super sensitive screen, 1Ghz dual-core processor, 512MB RAM, 8GB of storage, HSPA+, and a 5MP rear camera.

We are expecting a few new Windows Phone devices from Nokia next week at Mobile World Congress 2013. We'll know in the matter of days if the Lumia 720 and 520 are just the tip of the iceberg.  More as things develop.

Source: @evleaks; Thanks, everyone for the tips!

Comments

rhlamb says:

You call it the "Lumia 502" in the article but it looks pretty cool!

Z10YkakPES says:

All Nokia phones are unique in they own way

rodneyej says:

These phones are going to Sprint!!!!

Z10YkakPES says:

Even better, guys with Sprint need it

riffraffy says:

Wow, very nice looking hardware. Nokia has put together a great portfoilo. Going to be exciting to see the new hero phones...

Z10YkakPES says:

Lets hope so in 3 days

my best friend's step-aunt makes $86/hr on the laptop. She has been out of a job for 8 months but last month her pay check was $21124 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Read more on this web site... http://www.youtube.com.qr.net/j9yu

rodneyej says:

I hate you! You're probably one of those fuckers that send us all that junk email. Leave people alone stupid a$$!!!!!

Lmao, way to blast the spammer

rodneyej says:

I'm sick of these people and their BS!!

Tips_y says:

LOL I get you because I hate them too!

Read: friogropgroiptoityiorthiogreioergiortiojrthjiorthdjiotrhdjmiothjomihrdtjmoiegrjmiowger joiesgrjoniesrgjioesrgojirthojirthdojirtdhojidrthojirthdjohdrtojirthdojighojesgrjoesgjoihergjnis hertojirhtojnrdthojirtdhonjrhtdjoegrjoniegsrouretghuiersghiougtihuogerouirdgojiergojehrtojhteoj

derek533 says:

I sure hope Verizon get's some Nokia love this time around.  Yeah, I know the 822, yada, yada, yada.  I want a 920 variant, or at least something that actually looks good and is made by Nokia.  The 822 IMO, is just flat out ugly and reminds me of the Trophy I've been carrying forever.

have you actually handled one? I felt very much the same way based on pics of it online, seeing it in-person and handling it a bit changed my mind and I actually really like the design.

..that being said, yeah I ditched vz and went to att for the 920 and am exceptionally satisfied :-)

MediaCastleX says:

Yeah, I wouldn't be so quick to knock it...my ex has one and I'd get jealous if I didn't have my 810 ;)

The Lumia 502 (a.k.a. "Zeal) should

Should that be 520?

jdb_ii says:

the 520 looks like a wannabe 8x...and i like it :)

percychow says:

+1... I LOVED the look/form of the Lumia 800s... but the specs were meh.

MediaCastleX says:

OOOOOOO, BURN! =P

tissotti says:

This goes together with Reuters and counltess of other rumors today that Nokia will only reveal low end phones on Monday.
EOS will be somewhere Q4 and Catwalk somewhere in summer.

lubbalots says:

I hope not. Because other rumors point to 4 devices will be showed. These 2 and ?. Otherwise this event will be both awesome and lame at the same time. We'll find out soon enough.

tavisdunn says:

i think the other 2 will be Asha devices....but i hope i am wrong!

Residing says:

You're not wrong.

sl#WP says:

922 will be anounced tomorrow. so you are wong.

Tips_y says:

922?? Is that the one that's supposed to go to Verizon?

DalekSnare says:

That's what it would be called. Verizon gets +2 in the version number.

lubbalots says:

Kind of odd we can take 1080p videos on top end wp8 but only have 720p screen.

Bruno H says:

Why? Would you really se the difference on a small phone screen?

procen says:

Love the colors and design!

Bilal_Fakih says:

Edit::: What!! The 720 front camera is 2MP and it looks thin and neat! Nice work Nokia cant wait for Nokia 1000

tissotti says:

....what? Lumia 620 got 5MP so Lumia 720 for the very least will have that. It only reads Carl Zeiss on the back on Lumia 720 so i'äm not sure how you came to that conclusion.
Lumia 520 in a other hand could have 2MP camera.

Bilal_Fakih says:

Ops i meant the Front camera :) ah it happens....    :/

RaRa85 says:

The rear camera is 6mp. The front camera is 2mp.

tissotti says:

Yes, according to the rumors.
Lumia 520 specs make no sense. They would be way above the receantly released Lumia 620 and the price should be cheaper. Makes no sense.

rodneyej says:

It makes since if these phones are for the US market. Designations only matter within the same market.

Tips_y says:

According to the rumors, the 520 will only have a 5MP camera with no front facing camera so should be priced lower than the 620. What I don't quite get is why the 520, which is supposedly a lower model compared to the 620, has a 4.0" screen while the 620 only has a 3.8" screen.

HillBillJr says:

That's how their predecessors (510/610) are.

Its same as 510, 610 and 710.
510 is low end, focuses only screen while stripping some features of 610
710 is high low end, focuses more on features of higher end models.
610 is mid low end, focuses on balance between these two

kasitechead says:

Having a larger screen with a low resolution is cheaper to make than a smaller screen with the same resolution, due to the lower PPI.

chucky says:

They look alright, the specs though :\

tissotti says:

Like the numbering says, they are low end phones.
EOS and catwalk can't come before WP support higher resolution and most of all the new SoC's. There's no Windows Phone event in MWC.

There's still long way to go before we get next high end models.

Tbonium says:

I really hope Nokia doesn't release these phones. They really don't improve the line-up in any way, it's complete as it is with the excellent 820 and the cheap yet good 620.

rodneyej says:

You're wrong! They would help if they were on Sprint,, which is probably where they are going.

lubbalots says:

You should check out Samsung's line of galaxy phones. Different variations, same ol phone. Yet they sell like hotcakes. And the gullible consumer just eats that crap up. With that said, let Lumia do the same.

procen says:

I llike the part "eats that crap up" :-P

pnhd says:

nope they need more phones to reach every price point. how do you think nokia maintained the no1 phone manufacturer spot for more than 15 years? this is the first year nokia will have a full range of wp devices, and that is just awsome.

Tips_y says:

You're wrong! They make a lot of sense in price-sensitive emerging markets where they are meant for!

Prodigy11 says:

520 looks like a candidate to enter here:

Amazingly tempting; thin and bold!

BTW, what are those three dots in the back of 720?

texrat says:

Mistakes in article: you say "720 pictured above", but picture shows 520.  Also, 502?

Bilal_Fakih says:

Yep!!! nice catch :D

lippidp says:

They must have really been in a hurry to get to the pub. No time to proofread...

MrVol84 says:

Eh.. It's straight I guess. Def for those looking for lower to mid range devices.

exiva says:

What's with the 3 dots on the back of the 720?

poddie says:

Battery level maybe?

Cellus13 says:

Holy crap!!!! I would trade in my Lumia 810 if Tmobile got the Lumia 720! I love how much it looks like the Lumia 505 and 800. Nokia keeps making beautiful phones!

Forc3 says:

notice! lumia 720, Carl Zeiss optics ;) looks pretty cool actually it looks like as if it is a unibody this time? I mean curved glass and such things make me expect this...

i don't like these designs very much. I would prefer the top bezel much thinner than the bottom one. They did it right with the 620. Also the nokia logo has been moved to the center again  :(   Why Nokia?   :(

RJ Priest says:

I hope that future flagship models will maintain the Nokia logo in the top-right corner.  I find the corner logo much more visually appealing than the centered logo.  I do not like the centered logo.

Residing says:

I really like the centered logo, and wish that my Lumia 900 had it.  But no, at&t just had to share in the spotlight.

Hopefully people from Nokia are reading this. Please move the logo to the RIGHT.    Has Marco Ahtisaari left the design team or something?  :(

jabtano says:

another low end device wtf is with this WP8 one high end device L920 locked into one carrier US really you can walk into any carrier and come walking out with a high end device it's just not going to be a WP8 device unless it's AT&T

tissotti says:

Well honeslty we are talking about only one country here and the high end really is needed for only Verizon.

jabtano says:

Why just Verizon ? one can walk into any carrier and walk out with a high end device it's just not going to be  a WP8 device. Unless it's AT&T State side. who the hell wants a WVGA screen. sorry but WP8 is really starting to look like the low end OS.Yes they should have low and middle range devices but thats all we are seeing from WP8

tj321 says:

Like tissotti said - not Nokias fault your countries carrier market is messed up / anti-competitive!

tj321 says:

Looking for a 920(ish) quality device, at a size that fits a small handed person. As and when that happens, my money is yours Nokia.

zealout says:

The 720 looks similar in sleekness to the 8X

RaRa85 says:

As long as these don't come to T-Mobile. We have been budget phoned out over here. It's flagship or HTC One for me. At least I won't have to unlock it to enjoy on my carrier.

RaRa85 says:

But then again I'll probably buy the coveted red Nokia Lumia 920 and bring it to T-Mobile. I don't think the HTC One's camera will match the 920 let alone whatever Nokia plans to announce next week.

rodneyej says:

More More More! Keep them coming!.... Nokia is the ONLY WP manufacturer!!

rjpmateus says:

The 520's clock is set to 5:20 and the lumia 720's is set to 7:20.

Specs for 720 seem a bit low, considering the 710 had the same guts as the 800, one would have thought the guts would have been the same as the 820 again. Just 512mb ram could be a problem a year down the road.

pnhd says:

the 820 has the same guts as the 920. you can't have another model share the same internals

DontHate707 says:

im hoping for some high end models

jabtano says:

So was I .but i'm getting the feeling that Nokia is just going to do the low and middle end now. so state side that is what we will have for WP8

Rumors are getting strong a 920 variant will be released on verizon

gcdc_lumia says:

i think im having an orgasm now. cant wait for nokia's announcement at mwc 2013!!!

mjrtoo says:

Promising, looking forward to the next high end line. It's just about time to put the quantum to rest...

Saiyaku says:

Am I the only one who misread the title as "pics of the Nokia lumia/surface"? As in a Nokia branded "surface"? :)

I'd buy that in a heartbeat

NIST says:

That would be killer.

Cellus13 says:

That's what I thought at first. I had to keep rereading it.

ej1024 says:

Nokia is back!!
What the haters gonna say that

lubbalots says:

The 720 was in that Finland commercial, where the girl was supposed to hold a Lumia 920 in the beginning, but wasn't. Later we saw her holding a 920. Nokia and the carrier tried to deny but it was merely as part of a teaser.

Dusteater says:

Hope 720 releases in March!

trwrt says:

I dunno about the 520.  No FFC, no flash on the rear camera, no microSD expansion.  Unless they plan to sell it for $150 contract-free I don't know how many people are going to be happy with that.

paras chugh says:

i want a phone with the design of 720 and the specs of 820....

cdb033 says:

Beautiful devices!

1)I guess this is for other contrys 'cause the 920 is gonna be expensive in some contrys so they want give to other people the same quality and a lower price especially in some contrys that the phones are more expensive than the US or the UK.
2)Nokia needs a lot of phones in the new Lumia brand if they want to beat the galaxy phones line , so they have diferent phones for every need and every budget.

theefman says:

Seems you're the only one who gets it.

+1 Nokia is going for global marketshare

theefman says:

Global domination eventually, hopefully.

Nick Garza says:

Tmobile got the shaft. These phones look ten times better than my 810.

MediaCastleX says:

Hey, neither of these look like an iPhone...oh, yeah. You're right =/

Jack Lewis says:

Anyone notice on the image of the 720, that the Nokia Maps tile reads HERE Maps; the branding announced earlier this year?

Expect more location-based announcements at MWC

Excellent observation, the 520 has it also

Looks like Nokia just crapped all over HTCs turf by making a better looking 8X... Very nice phones

mad_d2 says:

I did plan go buy 820 in April but now I want 720 looks awesome love at first site. Actually I own 710 I wish the 720 have gorilla glass aswell as 710

With ONLY 512 mb ram is awful for me.

Then buy an 820, the phones are spread out in specs to appeal to different audiences, same as android is doing now

MediaCastleX says:

Surface?! I thought Microsoft made those... Lol, jk =D

MediaCastleX says:

They should definitely get a 720 in the hands of Lady G@_@ with a code-name like 'Fame' ;)

busngabb says:

Is there not a risk Nokia are releasing too many Lumias? I'm confused as anything about the range to be honest. How does the numbering work? Is it just a scale upwards in quality, with the highest number being the best device or do the series numbers mean something? For example the 5 series have the best cameras or the 6 series is budget, the 7s are best for audio etc? Or are they just numbers, in which case Id be even more confused about which one to get.

There is a risk, it is not as confusing as buying a BMW or Mercedes, yes generally the higher the number the better the lumia, but with only 5 variants not too much yet

cedarlog says:

they both look thin can't wait to see the actual devices

asemi says:

While front camera is optional, I thought Microsoft required every WP8 device to include a flash for its rear camera. The 520 doesn't seem to have one.

uopjo6 says:

Lumia fan/owner here. But, I just can't help having the word "repeat" blinking in my head. Sure they have different shapes but they're starting to look the same. Here's hoping it's a portfolio for this generation only, and they counter this style with their next generation Lumias (1000?).

HillBillJr says:

Nokia phones look way better in real life than in renders. Now all they need ia a 5+ inch Note like monster phone

This article needs some editing!!!
Nokia 502!!
And it says Nokia 720 pic above, but actually its below!!!

Thats the First nokia wp8 image leaked! Before the lumia 920 being announce

So in other words, there will be:
Nokia Lumia 920
Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia Lumia 720
Nokia Lumia 620
Nokia Lumia 520

Jakeway says:

I don't understand why Nokia are making pretty much the same low end one three times with the 5, 6 and 7. It would save money to just make one.

AndyM72 says:

I dont suppose the editors are going to get around to fixing the "502" and "720 pictured above" mistakes are they?

I notice that neither of these have LTE which should keep the price down. I don't expect working LTE coverage to come to my town for another 2 years, so I could buy a phone on contract now, and probably be finished with the contract and looking to upgrade before I could ever use LTE.

The 720 looks promising. I need a phone that can be used one handed. Having tried out the 920 (way too wide) and the 820 (a little bit too wide), what I'm looking for is:

15:9 ratio 4.3 inch screen (820 sized) in a body thats no wider than the HTC 8X (66mm). Its doable - 5mm bezel on the left and right. A screen this large has a decent width portrait keyboard so you can actually type with your thumb without every other letter being wrong.

The screen needs to have ClearBlack and Super Sensitive Touch. The UK is cold!

Don't care about the screen res, 800x480 is fine, with my eyesite I wouldn't see the extra detail of 1280x768 anyway.

1Ghz CPU and 512MB RAM are fine (of course more would be nice).

8GB onboard flash memory with microSD is the bare minimum (the 820 is left with 5GB usable out of this)

Could not care less about the cameras (I have had 5 phones with front facing cameras and never used any of them).

pitak says:

photo nokia 920 vs htc one vs nokia 808

You guys noticed that mysterious tile in pic of 720 near to tile of HERE MAPS (NOKIA MAPS???)? Maybe its another lenses app exclusive to lumia!!!
And those three dots at back of 720? Maybe 720 is a wireless charging enabled (not equipped) phone and nokia will release a thin sheet type of accessory to equip it with wireless charging feature as ad-on/ or maybe they are notification lights (:D i always wanted a notification light on back of the phone) !!!

ihavewp8 says:

I hope these are not the one for next week. These don't look exciting