Official BlueFly app brings a boutique fashion experience to Windows Phone

Weather Hound updated with transparent Live Tile support

More reports of changes to Cortana suggests a Microsoft update is inbound

Awesome Lock updated in preparation for the World Cup

Flipkart adds new features and improvements to their Windows Phone app

Bollywood entertainment portal, Koimoi, launches official Windows Phone 8 app

Middle East's leading newspaper, Khaleej Times, arrives on Windows Phone

CNET comes to Windows Phone with all its Tech-Savviness

Tonido released for Windows Phone 8 for remote access to your home computer

Another day, another official app in India, Airtel Money arrives on Windows Phone 8

Bollywood Hungama makes a comeback on Windows Phone 8 for Bollywood fans

Boxcryptor comes to Windows Phone and Windows 8, allows you to encrypt all data you send to the cloud

Official Facebook beta updates with bug fixes and more reliable notifications

Fhotoroom gets an updated, adds in-app store and new editing tools

Nextgen Reader updated for Windows 8, adds new Feedly Pro features and more

Simple Calendar updated, new Live Tiles added to the mix

Shreeji Bullion for Windows Phone 8, a fine app to track the Indian Market

Plex for Windows Phone 8 updated, adds Plex Sync to the mix

Games

Rail Rush celebrates Easter with the latest update

Go beyond the native podcast support in Windows Phone with Podcast Critter

Vimeo

Official Vimeo bumped to version 2, returns to Windows Phone 8 with premium membership offer

Vimeo has released an update for its app on Windows Phone, bringing it back to Windows Phone 8 and up to version 2.0. Consumers were reportedly experiencing issues with downloading and using the app, which is now evidentially rectified. As well as returning to the store, the Vimeo app also sports a special offer for Lumia Windows Phone owners.

Lumia smartphones open up a free 3 month trial of Vimeo Plus membership (worth $30), which is handy should you be looking at possibly taking out a subscription. We last looked at Vimeo back in December, when the app was updated for Windows Phone 8 smartphones. We've reached out to the Vimeo team for a full list of changes for version 2.

Be sure to note anything you've noticed in the new version in the comments. You can download Vimeo from the Windows Phone Store. Thanks to everyone who tipped us!

QR: Vimeo

Comments

Why are u so slow on news WPC...

WhippedKream says:

You know, giving news on Windows Phones isn't the only thing they do with their lives, right? So give them a break

Jazmac says:

What he said.

BK-one says:

Not everybody goes to 8 or 10 sites every day to get there news and compare..

Why must you be so impatient? Why must you be so inconsiderate? Why even make that comment? It's not constructive in the slightest.

abond32 says:

Why are you acting like his mom or guardian. Why you make your comment!

Rich Edmonds says:

Because the poor chap is crying out for common sense...

abond32 says:

Ask any question you want.

Whodaboss says:

"Why are u so slow on news WPC..."
Looks more like a statement to me.  An unfinished statement at that.  There is no question mark "?".  Just a bunch of ellipsis.  I have zero idea what his/her train of thought is.  It's not obvious to me.  However, like most on the site it seems as a critical statement.  Moreover, if he/she had already read the news somewhere else he/she could have simply wrote " yeah, I read that the other day at so and so."  I read multiple tech sites daily.  Sometimes all the sites carry the same news and sometimes others don't report on a certain product or rumor.  That's why I read multiple sites, not to criticize one site for not reporting something.  C'mon man.

Rich Edmonds says:

It's the weekend after Mobile World Congress, and the team has had either intense travel plans or real life to contend with. There's the odd day when we're slow, but we're only human. Also, we reached out to Vimeo and were hoping for a prompt reply. But again, it's the weekend.

No need to defend yourselves Rich, but good to see a courteous reply.

I read this news somewhere else.
I TIP you to post this news because I know most of our WP community reads WPC and I want them to know about it.

P.S: For someone who visits WPC More than Facebook updated news matters.

Fair enough, had you mentioned that in your post it would have been more clear and saved a lot of needless commentary. Lol I visit here more often than fb as well.

Hell, download just came out a day ago. In the long run, if they report it one day or even two days later will it matter? The answer is no. Will it matter in the short run? Only to those that have not downloaded or used vimeo yet. Otherwise the app store would have told you. Next.

phatboy66 says:

Vimeo really has some nice videos. Really love the Staff Picks.

adrian1338 says:

wonder why microsoft didnt buy vimeo yet

juniwalk says:

It could be great competitor to YouTube with right push (Microsoft).

tissotti says:

I'm sure, but Google does control internet. Actually it dominates it.
We have already seen what some Google decissions can do to Windows Phone and i'm not sure if Microsoft want to tease them more.

Also you got a ask, could Microsoft really make Vimeo a competitior to Youtube, really.

absolutshame says:

I don't think there can be a competitive alternate to YouTube. They've had too much time to build a catalog and name recognition for another company to challenge them at this point and pose a legitimate threat.

mrcraggle says:

Considering they continue to sit on their hands with a bunch of their own stuff, I doubt they'd actually do anything with vimeo.

jMawl says:

It's a pretty cool app, but it is not able to upload from the camera roll in WP8 so personal videos for upload must be taken using Vimeo...which is fine; I will just have to remember to switch to Vimeo when taking a video for upload.

jMawl says:

I should say if you want to upload directly from your phone. You can still move them off of your camera roll to your computer and upload them.

TheWinPhan says:

I would be utmost honored if you guys took a look at the WinPhan Channel on Vimeo! I've worked at collecting WP videos and want to be able to share them with everyone as I don't support YouTube and refuse to use it. I'm adding new ones daily as I find them and as people send them to me to upload. I've even talked to WP Central about offering their videos on my channel so those of us desperately seeking a way to not use YouTube, can also enjoy WP videos! Here is my channels link. If you have any vids you want on their, please email me and send it to me, we'll get it uploaded! http://bit.ly/12XJZNX

Great idea I am sure it will do great.

nizzon says:

Will it automagically open vimeo-videos linked in the facebook-app or people-hub?