Instagram app

See more comments in the latest update for 6tag

Windows Phones

Microsoft's latest video shows off the Nokia Lumia 1020 with OneDrive and Instagram

6tag gets bumped with minor fixes and improved Russian language support

Use your main camera for selfies with the latest Nokia Glam Me update

Nokia update roundup: Video Upload hits 2.0, Cinemagraph and Access Point with fixes

Nokia launches Gift Voucher promotion for select UK Lumia Windows Phones

Nokia bumps Network+ system app to support dual-SIM Windows Phones

New Car app from Nokia helps you out while driving

Instagram BETA brings performance improvements and crash fixes in latest update

Nokia releases new Pocket Magnifier app, updates Glance for 8.1, refreshes others

Instagram Beta updated to fix crashes from yesterday’s Lock screen update

Instagram for Windows Phone finally adds Lock screen support

Nokia releases 'spaceselfie' app to take an out of this world photo

Nokia teases Imagin8 camera app, turns ‘any environment into a digital playground’

Nokia adds personalized notes in latest Glance screen update

Games

Nokia releases Modern Mayor, a 'Green' SIM City game exclusively for Lumias

Instagram for Windows Phone updated with minor bug fix

Nokia returns Storyteller to Lumia Windows Phones, updates Nokia Camera

Print your Instagram photos at Walgreens with Printicular for Windows Phone

WPCentral News

How to follow Windows Phone Central on Twitter and Instagram!

#2InstaWithLov

Nokia releases #2InstaWithLove social app to put some pressure on Instagram

Update: Download link is once again working

This morning we reported on the rumor that Instagram is coming to Windows Phone, but as a possible limited exclusive to Nokia Lumia devices. That information is now somewhat betrayed by the release of #2InstaWithLove app from none other than Nokia.

The app allows you to take photos using “the classic polaroid filter” and then automatically adds the hashtag #2InstaWithLove to the photo, for sharing on your favorite social network.

#2InstaWithLov

According to Nokia

“Many of you have asked when Instagram will be coming to Windows Phone, and the #2InstaWithLove app was created as a way for you to have your voice heard…It's all about showing Instagram just how passionate the Windows Phone community is - so be creative, have fun and be sure to share your favorite photos with us using a social network of your choice.”

To us that doesn’t sound like Nokia has a deal locked-up with Instagram but rather are themselves ratcheting up a campaign to put pressure on the fledgling company to get on board.

Either way, the app won’t install on our Lumia 620, Lumia 900 or Lumia 920 as there is a “this app is not available for your phone” disclaimer. We’re not sure if that’s a Store error or we’re missing something but this whole situation is certainly unorthodox to begin with.

As of 6PM ET, we can now download this app to our Lumias.

You can attempt to download the app from the Nokia Collection right here.

QR: #2instaWithLov

Via: WindowsPhoneApps.es

Comments

ricbon says:

this has been a rollercoaster ride this morning on WPcentral

giorgio h says:

Best windows phone day of 2013

ChazTyldsley says:

To me this sounds like a hype marketing push for them to turn around and deliver instagram. It would be a fantastic PR move.

Harkkum says:

It indeed does seem to be something related to the actual announcement of Instagram to the platform. Interesting times indeed...

carlcamera says:

And then, I predict, a gracious and warm welcome from the Instagram crowd kind of like this:

Ticomfreak says:

Its like phone racism. Fuck apple fags like that...

ergattonero says:

Sorry to bother, but... Have you said "Fags"?

windocks96 says:

haha I remember when I had an iPhone and Instagram went Android... Shittiest pictures ever. Hopefully they make it windows 7.8/8 and up (windows phone has spec requirements)

DigitalDK says:

They mean how passionate the Lumia community is... if it's a Lumia exclusive the Windows Phone community can't show Instagram a damn thing.

R0bR says:

Lumias have the market share so they would represent the majority.

Nazaroth says:

No good if lumias cant download it tho ;)

l_n says:

Can't download. Same message indicating it's not available. Lumia 920 on AT&T.

hopmedic says:

Ditto, Lumia 822. I wasn't going to download it, as I do not use instagram, but since the article mentioned a problem, I looked.

Hahaha this is awesome

nbktonic says:

Lets get on with it boys. Make it an everyday job (or habit) and include this in your routine :) Lets show the love, because the world needs it!

dkp23 says:

THis is why if instragram come, it will be a lumia exclusive for a time, they actually put in the work to get apps onto this platform.  Samsung is sucking on googles teet and will essentially try to braek off onto their own OS probably.  HTC, well, not sure what they are diong other than trying to get the company from sinking.

Nokia is a struggling company, yet time and time again, you see the effort and the investments they put into the development of these apps to get to the platform, or atl east that is the perception.  Nokia is the only reason im with wp8.

sjhippie says:

I agree. I am thourghly impressed with Nokia as a company now. I knew little about them before I got my W8 920 and am amazed at how active they've been.

Prodigy11 says:

Feels like Nokia is just showing, out of frustration, that it is not that hard to implement Instagram-like-apps to WP :)

TonyDedrick says:

Clearly not available for the 820. At least not where I live, lol.

Great PR move by Nokia... I m sure Instagram is waiting for a grand Entry to WP(read Lumia). So this app is for creating HYPE.  Awesome... :)

Asuka_HKG says:

How to download on my 820?

Bleedorang3 says:

WTF is this bullshit? Lumia != Windows Phone. There are people out there with HTC 8X's (hello everyone on Verizon).

lantern20 says:

HTC doesn't support their phones.  My HTC Titan II never got the update to 7.8 (or any updates) & HTC does not make any significant software for WP.  That's why I've gotten a Lumia this time around.

Steephill says:

There are more people with 822's on Verizon than 8x's. Myself included :)

BambisMother says:

Good choice of phone

paulheu says:

Actually Lumia = Windows Phone, but Windows Phone != Lumia

That said, if Nokia has paid (a considerable amount) to get Intstagram on board it would seem to me they have every right to have the app exclusive for a while. So far neither Samsung or HTC have shown much if any interest in actively promoting the platform and going out to wine and dine developers.

tissotti says:

I don't understand this.
I know you are not thinking it rationally if you are HTC owner, but of course if Nokia first lf all makes its own apps (around +30) and then pays for exclusive apps. Nothing weird there. HTC would be there if it contributed to the ecosystem as well.

It's the same Samsung does on Android.

Xaphoon148 says:

Got a htc Radar, before that two more htc's... But seems my Radar never will get any 7.8, already had my Lumia 920 for 3 months and never looked back...
Nokia really seems to care, others certainly do not...

cedarlog says:

im sure if HTC or Samsung bring something new they will cover it sadly there isn't anything new

rightisray says:

On Verizon, do not have an 8X.  I have the 822.

Sam Sabri says:

We should start a campaign to bring the ladies to my platform. #2SamWithLove

WhippedKream says:

#2WhippedKreamWithLove sounds a lottttt more kinkier if you ask me ;) hahaha

Jay Bennett says:

Sam I feel like I have a duty to tell you that with such a campaign, no girl is ever going to go near your platform... ;)

Sam Sabri says:

#2JayWithSadness

Seems like you guys don't like each other...

lmoritz says:

I downloaded it yesterday with no problems, although I notice that the photostream and their website are down today. Maybe they released the app prematurely, but will be promoting it soon?
This looks to me like a marketing ploy to get people excited about Instagram which may actually appear in the next month or so.

jtes8 says:

The details on the app explains it all! Hopefully it'll be available for the 920 soon.

pookiewood says:

I couldn't care less about Instagram or Pandora (The only thing I want is Subway Surfers. :( ).  That being said I'm all about helping people that want those apps.  I'll be using it for that reason in hopes our beloved platform gets the goods.

KQ17 says:

Couldn't care less**

pookiewood says:

Doh you are right.  Proof Reading for the lose! :p

pressstart says:

Same here. I'll try it out and maybe help out with the campaign. Maybe it'll get me to take more random pictures and post them. In other words, make actually want Instagram haha

polomint says:

Wont install on my Lumia 920 on EE. Oh well....

bw96 says:

Just installed fine on my EE 920

irvin792 says:

I was able to dl it last night 920 on att

This is why I asked how credible that "instagram" source was...the last thing you want is a let down. I would have asked Nokia on twitter or called them outright to confirm or deny or to at least get some type of info about it first, cuz ppl were getting excited! LOL...
I do think that it will reach WP by q1 2014, hopefully by years end.

poddie says:

Yeah, because Nokia would have been happy to confirm a rumor about one of the most wanted apps just because someone asked them on Twitter. They wouldn't want to make their own announcement at the time of their choosing or anything.

C'mon, they would either get silence or a "no comment" or a "nothing to announce now, but we are always working to bring...".

I know you're being sarcastic, but if you recall last week wpc announced updates that Microsoft execs confirmed via Twitter. You'd be surprised the number of corporations that use social media to make announcements, confirmations, etc...

poddie says:

Tweeting that they are aware of a problem and are working on a fix or vague tweets about more apps coming are hardly comparable.  Neither are tweets about apps that are new to the marketplace (ie already released).

Instagram would be a MAJOR announcement for WP.  When they are ready to announce or confirm it's coming they will be shouting it from the rooftops on their own... not as a response to someone's question about a rumor.

Just my opinion.  :-)

You certainly are entitled to your own opinion :-) but if you look at my first post, I used twitter as an example of contacting them to verify the validity of the rumor. I also said that I would have "called them outright". Most journalists and news agencies try to contact the company they are reporting about for an official response before they report the story... even if the company doesnt respond.

The whole point of the post was to see if Nokia was contacted, because this app IS a big deal to so many ppl and having a merry go round of breaking news that may leave some ppl disappointed will not be good if it could have been prevented.

poddie says:

I understand the post, I just think there is zero possibility that they would have gotten any sort of confirmation either way from Nokia, whether by Twitter or phone.  It's just not something they are prepared to answer and that seems pretty clear.

As I said, when they want to announce such a major win, it will be an announcement at the timing and venue of their choosing.  Not an answer to a question about a rumor.

karthikkini says:

I love the way the app has been named! :P

raul_junior says:

Maybe instagram is making the app but since they weren't to sure about it, Nokia wants to show how much we really want instagram

bt66 says:

It says not available for your device L920 on at&t here

Iskassasya says:

not available on 620 900 820 + 920...what is it available on haha

kenji-style says:

I've read somewhere that turning the phone to airplane mode, turning on the wifi, and searching again for the app on the store should fix the issue (at least it did here in Italy for Asphalt 7).

Jeff Kibuule says:

I still don't get how a company (Facebook) worth hundreds of billions of dollars can't hire 3 developers to make a Windows Phone app. It's a social network. The app itself would be free. Wouldn't you ideally want as many people as possible?

Yes, would be common sense, but common sense is very uncommon.

It took them 3 years to get the apps on iOS and Android right, and even now the app on Android is kind of meh. That should tell you it's not really THAT easy to just make an app.

To make an app shouldn't be that hard, to make it right and presentable I would expect more time.

Ultimateone says:

Dude that is the oldest link and was updated to show that it was false and a Vimeo app

Prodigy11 says:

Yes it is an old link, that has received updates. Tom Warren retweeted it one hour ago...

kiddj55 says:

Guys that update 2 was just added today. Old article, new update.

Ultimateone says:

No that is false, it has always said that - nothing is new on that story.

blackprince says:

No on the L800 too, whats the use of this app if no one can dl it.

Beshoy Hanna says:

Who needs instagram when we have app trends like this ;)

ballanda says:

I thought the whole point of Instagram is to disguise the crappy cameras on other phones by making the pictures look intentionally crappy.  This is not needed on nokia phones.

cannon#WP says:

Not true, the point of IG is picture sharing. There are PLENTY of professional photogs on IG that don't use filters.

Ultimateone says:

I think this is a tease for the real IG to come

phewBAR says:

I don't give a s#&* about Instagram, I just want an auto rotate lock feature, and the ability to see what time it is while I browse IE without having to go to my home screen. And while I'm at it, battery percentage showing instead of a worthless colored icon. How hard can that be?

Fiann says:

Protip. Touch the three dot menu in IE and drag up just slightly. The time, signal, etc will pop up in the notification area then just drag it back down so the menu doesn't open.

Tahiti Bob says:

I don't think Microsoft would be stupid enough to let an app like Instagram be a Lumia exclusive, regardless of Nokia's investment. It wouldn't be worth the shitstorm that would create.
As for Instagram substitutes, they're nice to play with but at the end of the day that's not what people want.

paulheu says:

I do not think MSFT has sh*t to say about what Nokia does with an app they paid for to get made. If Nokia pays for it they will have it exclusively for an x amount of time at least.

Etios says:

MS is stupid enough, hence you see many missing apps on platform, its Nokia who is doing all the work.

WinFan1 says:

Looks like they are rolling this app out.

DreadVenom says:

This is what real OEM support is. SAMSUNG/HTC, you guys looking?

Xaphoon148 says:

They don't give a s....

kiddj55 says:

This shouldn't be Lumia exclusive if they want more peoples voice heard.

Tahiti Bob says:

Exactly. Nokia needs to decide if they want to save Windows Phone or themselves. Not sure one goes without the other.

dkp23 says:

Makes no sense business wise at all.  Why would Nokia want to do the work and just give it away so taht samsung/HTC can just piggy pack on Nokia's effort.  Nokia is not looking to only expand wp8, they are looking to expand lumia with wp8.

I dont understand the logic and complaints about these exclusives, Nokia is the only one investing or funding the development of these apps which will essentially get to other platforms on a later date.

That is why you see in the presentation where they said in partnership with nokia, you do not see that with samsung or HTC at all. If you want the best wp8 experience you get Nokia and that is what Nokia is doing.

Etios says:

Think before what you say Lumia hater, If Nokia really decide to save themselves and offer both Android and Windows phone, then no guesses for who will survive what!!

jplunks says:

Tell me what sense for a "minor" company like Nokia to do the dirty work, pay them in some sort of fashion only for it to be used by other companies like Samsung/HTC??? Where is your logic? What has Samsung done that benifits Nokia? Why cant i use Samsungs CoChat messenger service? Or have HTC Beats Audio installed on my phone from HTC? Nokia is going in the way that MS has invision. This is NOT android where as long as you are on the OS you have access to everything. This is WP. Pay your dues and reap your own rewards. Kudos to Nokia

Xaphoon148 says:

There are OTHER windows phones?? ;)

[quote]That information is now somewhat betrayed by the release of #2InstaWithLove app from none other than Nokia.[/quote]

I would say it corroborates it quite nicely actually. Good marketing campaign, then they "succeed" at getting the voice hear and the community rejoices.

DJCBS says:

EDIT: 22:20 GMT

The App is now available on my Lumia 920.

rahulpop1 says:

Not able yo download the app..
I am also thinking instagram is coming soon.. Marketing strategy.. :-)

NinjaX says:

This is OBVIOUSLY a marketing campaign, such a HUGE company as Nokia would never be publicly begging for something, they obviously have the deal tied up and just want to create hype before the official announcement.

NIST says:

Can't you just add the hash tag from any windows phone to show support for an instagram app?

sixium says:

I concur that this is a very clever marketing gimmick. I believe IG is already in the works, and Nokia knows this. They bring out this app, create hype, get people talking. When IG finally comes out, "the voices are heard" and Nokia will look like superheroes.

dalydose says:

Funny! I'd rather have this that InstaGrime! ;) I love how Nokia just brings it. No other OEM seems to care. All the "exclusive crying" is just that. Nokia doesn't owe HTC/Samsung (or there users) a THING. I jumped ship from Samsung to Nokia and I'm super glad that I did. They bring it and bring it and the others simply don't.

stjimmie says:

Not available, 920 EE

ZuNuKoo says:

Someone make this app for non Nokia phones. I'd use it.

RaRa85 says:

You guys see how Samsung and HTC are doing all the work?

Froggiestone says:

well played Nokia, well played

R0bR says:

Personally I don't use or care for Instagram, but what many don't realize is that this is more than about Instagram being available. The more high profile apps that come available for WP the more it will light a fire for other developers to get their apps on WP. This is why I want Instagram, to motivate others.

rockstarzzz says:

Why can't 50% of Nokia's marketing team train 100% of Microsoft's team? They have some gems hidden in their offices, that Microsoft could use help from.

dkp23 says:

because believes they are sitting on top of the mountain, nokia trying to get up there.

GMJeff says:

WP said earlier that there was a firmware upgrade for the 920 on the servers for a short time. Maybe that needs to be pushed before the app will become available. Granted, they just reported the 920, but others could be lurking in the wings.

The error in the store says it could be a software issue or carrier or location. I am on at&t in the US.

FeedTheShark says:

I'm sure as others have said this is a tease and will turn into an official Instagram app within a very short time.

bssnik says:

Can't download.. l900 wp7.8 ..

Residing says:

You should be able to download it now.  I just downloaded it to my ATT Lumia 900 (WP7.5).  It's really nice, and if Instagram is like this, or better, I can sorta understand the appeal.

benners76 says:

I have a 920 on AT&T in Portland, OR USA and cannot download... Anyone else in my area have any luck?

rareohs says:

same setup and location for me, no dice on the download...

AlexanderJJJ says:

Same here! Live in Portland and have a 920!

So why we need Instagram when we have Flickr! With such an awesome Privacy! And for that try this: http://www.bit.ly/tappixl ... Pixl for Flickr!

Sam Sabri says:

If you're asking why we need Instagram when we have flickr... you don't get Instagram.

actually Flickr did the worst job by trying to fit in the Aircraft Carier in a tiny screen, that's where Pixl for rescue! :) Go ahead try it out....

dalydose says:

What is there to "get". Crappy square/filtered pictures of cats and food on a lame sub social network so people can get some vanity views.  When they actually want a wider amount of views, they litter Twitter and Facebook for a REAL social experience.   I "get" IT...I don't why people fall for it.

I did run into a girl yesterday using Instagram on her iPhone and she said that she literally HAS to use it because her phone's memory is full and Instagram apparently takes the pic and saves it directy to the cloud, bypassing the phone's memory.  THAT is a useful feature.

Instagram is for "instant gratification" however, problem with Instagram is their dubious privacy policy, where as Flickr is good with your photo privacy. Pixl is trying to bring the social interaction in Flickr. No need for Instagram, if you love your photos and you are sensible enough to understand the dubious policy of Instagram.
This is where Pixl (http://www.bit.ly/tappixl) comes and fill that gap. Use Flickr, but in a more social way.

J Papi says:

Nokia is absolutely COOL!

I use Lomogram just fine... Why does everyone have to have instagram? Is it a name brand thing? Just trying to understand.

SleepyTheDon says:

I think we "only" need it to to show we offer all the same major apps to help bring iOS & Android and what ever BB users are out there to the platform.

slashd0t says:

Why!?  Because it has over 100 million users.  It has nothing to do with the 'filters".. Everyone thinks Instagram is all about the filters, but, you're wrong.. It's about the community that's already built around it..No filter app can replace that.

dalydose says:

"Everyone" has heard this, but the fact remains that I still see ALL of my friends Instagram pics on Facebook and Twitter. Their social ain't all that.

TonyDedrick says:

Because they want it. And at the end of the day, if you don't care for it, you can choose to ignore it. Plain and simple.

SleepyTheDon says:

Wont install on 810 either app not avail

procen says:

Same here!

procen says:

Downloaded it

useme2useyou says:

Doesn't seem to be available in the UK!!!

abond32 says:

Just use fhotoroom app. Already has users and nice chics. Ill add my #2instawithLove

Xaphoon148 says:

Fhotoroom's better :)

rareohs says:

uggh, fhotoroom is fricking TERRIBLE imho

Luminatic says:

Doesn't seem to be available anywhere ...

jplunks says:

i mean GoChat... i think its called

jplunks says:

Tell me what sense for a "minor" company like Nokia to do the dirty work, pay them in some sort of fashion only for it to be used by other companies like Samsung/HTC??? Where is your logic? What has Samsung done that benifits Nokia? Why cant i use Samsungs GoChat messenger service? Or have HTC Beats Audio installed on my phone from HTC? Nokia is going in the way that MS has invision. This is NOT android where as long as you are on the OS you have access to everything. This is WP. Pay your dues and reap your own rewards. Kudos to Nokia

lucafu says:

On my lumia 920 it's impossible tl download the App :|

giorgio h says:

Today was a good day

Mattyh95 says:

Can't download Lumia 820 :/

mtreef says:

Not available on Lumia 920

odoggyfresh says:

I don't really understand why this app was made. people are already voicing their opinions on how they want instagram. this isn't really going to change anything in my opinion. so basically they want me to use this app to show people how my phone does not have instagram? no thanks

Big Supes says:

Nokia, I hear you and I'm on board. Edit: Ok, I would be, but my 920 isn't supported. :/ lol

Zokudu says:

I'd enjoy this as a neat way to get the WP word out and have some fun. Too bad its not available :|

ZuNuKoo says:

I like your name.

Zokudu says:

Thank you. :D By the way it now shows up as downloadable in the store for me. Gonna be snapping pics non stop now.

CPnextdoor says:

Any reasons we on Lumia phones can't use it?

DJCBS says:

For all those who can't download it, try now. I couldn't but I checked again just now and it's available.

CPnextdoor says:

Yea mine is now working too!

Able to download now

Ranak Mann says:

Hated it. Deleted it.

sdreamer says:

Was able to get it on my Lumia 900. Nice to see 7.x support with this one. Doubt Instagram is coming any time soon. This is a direct attack from Nokia to help convince Instagram to support Windows Phone. It's like Nokia made a lightweight Instagram just to show Instagram how it can be done, and to stop using lame excuses of why not to support WP. Cool app, but there's better Instagram like apps out there.

Xaphoon148 says:

Working now, uploading a s...load of pics... ;)

LeiChat says:

If there was one app that it would make sense for Nokia not to make exclusive it would surely be this one.

I can't find it with my lumia 810

procen says:

I installed it on my 810 you should have no problem.

DaddyLikey says:

At first it didn't allow me to dl, but after toggling airplane mode off and on again, it worked! Pretty cool app btw to get instagram's attention

ilabene says:

This is great. Now can we also get a #2SongPopWithLove app? :D

benners76 says:

Each tweet/post includes #2InstaWithLove... Enough people post, it becomes a trending topic and puts more pressure on Instagram to step up. Best thing we can all do is post a ton of stuff w/that hash tag.

rubenbest says:

+2 lets make a difference

zephyrwala says:

Just installed on my Lumia 800 in India , I suggest everyone be patient as it'll be available for everyone

zephyrwala says:

Lumia 920, region : USA
also downloaded !

drg says:

been following the #2InstaWithLove hashtag and there's a new post every few minutes. hopefully it will trend soon.

couple ideas for Nokia if they reading this. add facebook connectivity to the app so we can like photos like we can if we view the photo on the web!

looking forward to 2instawithlove.com showing the gallery.

v4nandu says:

A great app...

edjr07 says:

I have to definitely second this. Its smooth and I live the double wide tile. Very well done.

rareohs says:

all i know is, if blackberry gets Instagram before WP8, talk about depressing.

jade2390 says: