5.8 million Lumia smartphones sold this last quarter

From the Forums

What made you buy Windows Phone in the first place?

WPCentral News

Are you buying a new Windows Phone soon or waiting for new hardware?

Endomondo Sports Tracker gains Bluetooth support for heart rate belts

The most popular running apps for iOS, Android, Windows Phone and BlackBerry

Hotel Tonight app debuts on Windows Phone, special promo code available

Win some awesome Windows Phone sneakers in Poland with your Lumia 630

Lumia 630 now available in Russia, Lumia 930 up for pre-order

Win your very own Nokia-edition Tern bicycle

How To

How to share your Windows Phone's internet - whether or not your carrier wants you to

Developers

Microsoft opens up OEM portal, build your own Windows Phone

Developers

Microsoft to host new Publish Windows developer days with awesome prizes

App Update Roundup: Line, Microsoft Translator, Endomondo and more

First look at the next version of Endomondo for Windows Phone

From the Forums

What visual glitches have you discovered in Windows Phone?

Endomondo want you to beta-test their new Windows Phone app, help make it better

Microsoft reportedly waiving Windows Phone license fees for some hardware partners

From the Forums

Case or No Case for your Windows Phone?

From the Forums

Windows Phone hardware buttons, where do you stand?

Contests

CrackBerry's celebrating its 7th birthday with a giveaway… and it's not a BlackBerry!

Represent the Windows Phone Warriors in this Endomondo Challenge

Endomondo for Windows Phone

We may be wrapping up Fitness Month, but that doesn’t mean you’re going to stop using technology to stay fit. Here’s a fun little contest you guys can enter and represent the Windows Phone community at the same time. If you use Endomondo to track your runs and workouts, there is currently a challenge being ran by gadget magazine T3.

If you’re reading this site you probably have a Windows Phone as your primary device. And if you’re on Endomondo you should join the group to try and win an iPad mini (I know, I know…). The bigger prize isn’t some mini tablet, but the chance to have Windows Phone users come out as a fitter group. When you join the challenge you’ll opt into being a member of Android Army, BlackBerry Brigade, Windows Phone Warriors, Team Apple, or the Symbian Squad. You’ll probably want to go ahead and join the Windows Phone Warriors.

The average calories burned by each group are calculated and determine the leaderboard for this ‘Battle of the Platforms’. If you’re a member of the winning platform, you’ll then be randomly drawn for the iPad mini. A cherry on top for being a member of the fittest platform.

Join the T3 Battle of the Platforms Challenge right and get the full details here. Alternately, download the Endomondo app for Windows Phone 7.x and 8 users’ right here, use the QR code below, or swipe right in our app.

QR Logo Endomondo

Thanks for the tip Morten!

Comments

eserrano250 says:

Just joined the the Symbian Squad..jk..Windows Phone Warriors all the way. Lets do this!

Done, with some trash talking....

Residing says:

Which to join?  Endomondo works a tad bit better on my N8 than it does on my Lumia.    Leaning towards WP, since the app looks so much better on WP.

Sam Sabri says:

Don't make me come over there.

Residing says:

Lol! Okay, okay...WP it is :)

Mr. Tofu says:

Warrios? Like Mario's evil brother? Cool...

pookiewood says:

Lol good catch.

pookiewood says:

I don't really do distance running because I prefer sprinting. I love this app but I wish there was a way to easily track sprinting.

schlubadub says:

How doesn't it? If you specify running and then sprint 100m it will track it... Or do you want sprint lap times?

pookiewood says:

I'll have to give it a try. I just didn't think it would be accurate enough because the GPS is only going a short distance.

jleebiker says:

I'm in. How does it work with a HR sensor do doing things like Spinning?

schlubadub says:

You can specify "spinning" as an exercise but it doesn't hook in to any sensors. I think you can alter the distance & calories later

makhand says:

If they'd add running in background to the app, I would. I've pleaded with them about this for months to no avail. Won't use their app on principle

schlubadub says:

It works under lockscreen, but yeah it does suck it isn't a background service.

carlos118 says:

Totally agree they need this! So annoying going to another app and having it not check anymore! I know it could kill batter life if it is not closed properly but they should warn people about it!

willied says:

Heck yes, we are going to roast all others (just as long as the Android guys don't ride in the car with Endomondo on :P).

WavingReds says:

I would defintely do this if it only tracked treadmills =/

Residing says:

When I'm on the treadmill, I just set the activity to Fitness Walking; I set it Running when I incorporate HIIT.

saulgould13 says:

Warriors?!..come out and....

iSingBass says:

I'm a devoted Marathon user... Maybe I can help the cause by taking my old device along on my runs using Endomondo concurrently. Hmmm...

L2nak says:

Faster to swipe left in the ap ;)

carlos118 says:

I willl win this for you ;)

TechsUK says:

I can't believe I'm so pumped to get stuck in to this. I'll get my kids on their WP's to run or cycle too. Get em to work. Outside is their xbox this week.

Eljonn says:

Endomodo works horrible on Nokia 920, there is no working map of workout !!!

Xaphoon148 says:

Just walked to my car...
Can I join?

restlessdan says:

Were now number 2. Whooo!!! Only blackberry to catch up to now.

scgf says:

I used this app for the first time today. Took a call while out on my ride and when I got home i found that Endomondo had stopped recording my ride at that point! What's that all about?! Used several iOS apps and none did this, they just carried on in the background.
Hopeless!

Plystre says:

It hasnt been updated to wp8 yet, so no background gps logging.. crap.

scgf says:

Back to my Garmin, lol! I just emailed Endomondo to tell that how useless the app is on WP8. Got a canned reply saying they are too busy to read my email and reply to it. Have now deleted my profile.

Easy-G says:

You can run with that 920 weighing you down? TROLLOLOLOLOL

jMawl says:

Just ran my first workout today. It sort of stinks that the map doesn't work while running, but I wouldn't be able to watch it anyway. The buttons are nice and big, and music played fine in the background...luckily I didn't get any calls. When I got home, the workout was updated to their website, which had the route mapped out with pace and elevation tracked throughout. It actually looks pretty nice on the web interface, although I really hope they upgrade for WP8 soon. I think that Runtastic is about to roll out some long-awaited updates for WP8 so endomodo needs to get it in gear.

Joe Belfiore says:

I'm in!   Perfect timing!  I just did a nice long run today in the not-so-lovely pouring seattle rain... fortunately the Endomondo service was gracious enough to let me import the runs I've been doing lately testing out another app.
Endomondo has been a great partner for us -- DO CHECK BACK to see if they are able to update the app for background processing.  I know they did some work on this, so it's possible they will have positive news in the not-too-distant future.
I'll do my best to keep mileage up for the cause!  And I'm sending mail to try to get some folks on the WP team to join in as well!  :)

chayasorn says:

Please don't push them to exercise too hard. We need your team to continue adding more features (and fix the remaining bugs especially the WP7.8 live tile in my Lumia900)
Nice to meet you. Have a nice day. ^_^

jMawl says:

Welcome to the team. I may be wrong, but I bet that you're in a little better running shape than the executives in charge of developing our competitors' platforms...and somebody has to make up for my current lack of conditioning :)
As for endomondo, I'm in the "push them too hard" camp, but maybe I'm a little selfish in wanting the focus to be on WP8 and its features.

awesomeplant says:

Joined the WP Warriors team this morning and just ran 7.73 miles (my longest run yet! yay!). <edit... I see now how the tally works... cool!>

In other news, Rdio, despite the latest update, still does not play well with Endomondo... but now I'm starting to think it's Endomondo's fault. The audio coach feature interrupts the music and playback is completely abandoned (not paused, gone!) so there's nothing more angering in the middle of a run than having your music cut out. Was never a problem in the good old days of Zune and WP7 Endomondo. Much as I hate it, I may need to swap to Android during runs... but at least I'll stay on team WP.

hysonmb says:

I wish I'd read this before now. I just did an 11 mile run this morning and forgot to start Endomondo before taking off.

mimonaut says:

Need background Tracking on WP8 devices.. Until This funcionality miss, It Is in Real very difficult to use at long Range trips.. :-(

Joe Belfiore says:

GOOD NEWS - Endomondo just updated to version 8.1 -- now runs in the background on WP8 phones!  Go grab it!