Instagram for Windows Phone

Real or Fake? Instagram for Windows Phone supposedly revealed on Microsoft Store

Updated with new screenshot (12:30PM ET)

We’re just going to leave this here for now as we’re not 100% sure to do with it. The image above reportedly reveals the official Instagram app for Windows Phone 7 and Windows Phone 8 on the Windows Phone Store page. But images can be faked and this one has a few issues with it.

For one, the first sentence states: “100 million users love Instagram! It’s a free, fun, and simple way to make and share gorgeous photos on your Android.”

Ahem, Android?

Obviously the use of 'Android' and not Windows Phone is a little suspicious but then again, if this was a quick copy/paste job done internally at Microsoft, who knows what their standards are (if any) for private apps.

Rum: 4

The listing notes that the app is not available for download, which suggest that this is for internal app testing. Another curious thing about the image is the Photo > Social category because as of right now, there is no such category on the Store. That’s not to say this app can’t be creating that category and when it is made public, will be instantiated—but it does raise an eyebrow at the least.

Overall, we’re leaning towards fake on this only because the burden of proof is on the new Twitter account that leaked it: @anontechleaks. Store listings and screenshots are super easy to spoof and with no way of validating this ourselves, we have to assume that we’re being hoaxed here.

Still, leaving some wiggle room for error we can think of a few ways that this could be legitimate. For one, it was rumored that Microsoft had already built an Instagram app but are simply waiting for permission to legally access their APIs. That mirrors a similar situation with a high-quality YouTube app that Microsoft reportedly has compiled but can't release it to due to Google's restrictions. We also just reported a story about hidden apps on the Store, showing that indeed there are some gems lurking in the background (of course, no Instagram app was found during those searches).

But we'll leave this to you today: Is the image and app fake or not?

Source: @anontechleaks

Comments

husfus says:

On your Android?!! Fake!

Ticomfreak says:

Idk, this has happened before when other companies make apps...

husfus says:

anyone noticed " you can't get it here..." Lumia exclusive?
PS: If it's real

Iain_S says:

yes if it is real and the fact that it has to be downloaded from the phone and not the store means it is an exclusive app.

rubenbest says:

It says for wp7 and 8 at the bottom. Im sure its coming i go out on a limb and say real!

I am not sold that it is real but here is what I was thinking...
If you are going to take the time to Photoshop/create a fake store listing, don't you think you would also take the time to type Windows Phone instead of android?  My bet is you would.
Now lets say you are a developer who is feeling the pressure to put your app on a platform your not really excited about. You assign some interne to take care of the app store listing. Said interne is getting paid nothing or next to nothing so carelessly copies the text from the Android App store listing to the Windows store one. Good possibility.

squire777 says:

The original said Android but when the source started being called out on being a fake he went back and changed it to "Windows Phone" in the second pic. Pretty much tells me that it's a total fraud.
Probably some kid trying to get twitter followers.

mrshamoozoo says:

lol gotta love it

expectafight says:

I'm with you.  I think it's fake.

There's no Photo/Social category (above the app icon) in the marketplace.
Even with Windows Phone 7.x devices, the bottom of device image isn't just plain black.  There's an image of the start screen with tiles or the screen is off with some kind of diagonal gradient.

gladbecker82 says:

STOP IT! STOP IT ALREADY!!! No more Instagram news

iSingBass says:

+1, lol. This back-and-forth is getting silly.

Odog4ever says:

+1000
I've come around on the whole Instagram thing. Instead of wanting Instagram to go eff-off, I REALLY want it to come out just so we can stop getting these speculation/filler posts on WPC.

Fiann says:

I would that we had up votes, good sir. You would have mine.

spcdog says:

On the one hand, I completely agree, but on the other hand if Instagram becomes available people will just latch their obsessive-compulsive brains onto some other issue. Be happy that you've mastered your anxiety and get on with life. :)

zishbu says:

+1000 the daily is it / isn't it coming and hand-wringing is getting cumbersome to put it plainly.

sholokov says:

InstaCENTRAL

J Papi says:

If this is true, it'll put a lot of people on a frenzy. And will it be a Nokia exclusive? Wouldn't surprise me.

MrTechRat says:

Who cares? Why is this the biggest worry for an app? Do we really need to take photos and put a filter on it that bad? Hell I have two apps on my HTC that will do that just fine.

Ben Kolo says:

Its never been about the filters, it's about being able to stay in the loop with friends because everyone else has it.

phonypaul says:

Yeah this app is necessary to stay in the loop with loopy friends.

adrian1338 says:

arent they all postet on facebook anyways? how can you stay in touch with people and the restriction on smartphones anyways. its as useful as a messenger like whatsapp that restricts on a few mobile platforms

Clavitox says:

Unfortunately it seems to be very important socially. The other day my cousin asked to see my windows phone cuz he has android and is gonna switch phone companies. He said he would switch if it had instagram and a couple of other apps. So with a couple of my coworkers

xpxp2002 says:

How is that any different than taking a picture with the normal camera, using Nokia Lens or another lens app to apply a filter, then post to Twitter? That's exactly what Instagram does. Windows Phone is doing the same thing. Sounds more like it's about the brand name rather than the functionality or purpose, because you can achieve the exact same thing without the Instagram app on Windows Phone.

tk-093 says:

Instagram is a social network..   It's Facebook or Twitter with pictures.  It's the same thing as not having Facebook or Twitter on your device for people who use Instragram.
It is not just some app that takes pictures... . not even close...

While I am not big on Instagram, this post is correct. Its not about the photos/filters. Its a social network. One that is working on catching up with Twitter (which is why Facebook bought it). For a lot of potential customers, especially High School and Collage age, no Instagram is a deal breaker.

Quin 2013 says:

It would be nice to try it out. However, I use all the other picture altering apps to convey/present my somewhat idea of artistic view.

RyanAMG says:

Some people mostly kids won't adopt WP without this app. The platform needs it.

J Papi says:

Sharing our food pictures is really important mind you ;)

tiggscolo says:

if it was about sharing food photos - everyone should use FoodSpotting (available for Windows Phone of course).

WinFan1 says:

This app is just another social network that allows idiotic teenagers a way to be hip and cool and differ from their parents. But I know we do need it, so whatever.

walter1832 says:

Hey guys, quick question.  Will my kids think I'm cool if I use this?  Also, get off my lawn!

WinFan1 says:

Go back to your house olllld man. Your not hip and fresh like us youngsters. Lol

zishbu says:

Get off my lawn! This is wonderfully hilarious. But seriously, those kids really need to keep off :)

KustomAU says:

If you think this app is for "idiotic teenagers" then you're truly misguided. Celebrities, consumer websites, news services etc use this. I'm not defending instagram, its just the reality of what kind of people/companies use this app.

WinFan1 says:

Its a waste of time. Its these stupid social networks that consume the minds of "average" people because they have nothing better to do. I know what social networks are for I use some but they seriously mess with peoples ability to live in reality. Staying connected is one thing living in an app is another thing entirely.

NIST says:

Its a great way to have people follow you without adding them to your Facebook friends list. Most celebs will post photos to instagram instead of their Facebook page.

davepermen says:

because fb and twitter not allow that already? ya.. exactly /sarcasm
(and no, you don't have to be friend with a celebrity on fb to see their public feed, you can just follow that feed)

the app is absolutely useless (i use it on an iphone to know what it is), but it has to be on the platform just to get people to shut up about it. like whatsapp. the integrated services are more mature, have less security holes, and work much better as they're integrated. but people want instagram and whatsapp, because.. no clue. but they want it. it has to be there, thusly.

even though it is absolutely useless.

starblade876 says:

No, it is absolutely useless/redundant. We need it on WP8 to gain more users, but that doesn't mean it isn't a redundant social network. If you wanted to follow someone else without adding them to your Facebook or Twitter (which I have no idea as to why you'd want that unless you're embarrassed or something), you could just as easily create another account on Facebook or Twitter and follow them separate to your other account. Twitter/Twitpic and Facebook already allow you to share pictures and Twitter has hash tags if you want random people to try to find your picture via search. Except for filters and trying to be hip, I don't see the value someone would get to adding this social network to the other two.

Sean D. says:

And the really fuq'd up thing about it is WP will get it, and it wouldn't surprise me if it's actually better than on other OS's. But we'll soon find out it makes little or no difference with overall WP device sales like people are claiming.
It'll be some other frivolous app, or "feature" someone else has.

aresen says:

Idiotic teenagers? Im sorry to say but the amount of ignorance and stupidity here is just...immense.

WinFan1 says:

oh come on if i knew your sensitive feelings were gonna get hurt id have chosen different words. Let me rephrase so that you can feel warm and fuzzy inside again. In my personal experience with people who use instagram this is what they do on it. Guys use it to look at naked girls and girls use it to look at naked guys. if not they take pictures of their damn food and post it like anyone gives a shit. IF not that they put fugly ass filters on their photos and call themselves photographers. sorry social networking is not a valid defense for this garbage app. are your feelings better? for the record this is my opinion. everyone expects their opinions to be respected then learn to accept other peoples opinions as well. am i saying i dont want instagram on wp no but thats my opinion of instagram okay? RELAX. :D

for some people yes :))

As a social network, Instagram is actually more popular than Facebook among kids and teenagers.

It blow my mind that people still don't get the social aspect of these platforms.

NIST says:

I know. A smartphone that takes pictures and the ability to share. Its made for being social.

WinFan1 says:

Actually I use my phone for getting important information on the go. Social networking is just a luxury and I do get the social aspects there's just a new one every ten minutes. If kids and teens get bored that quickly then instagram is just another fad nothing more.

giorgio h says:

I hope instagram is coming, it is so good for the ecosystem

erasure25 says:

Its social networking, not just a filters app.

Montpbm says:

Probably fake.

btbam91 says:

Imstagram is crucial for the platform.... whether you like it or not.

Braumin says:

I hate to agree with you but it does seem like it's necessary.  Personally I would never use this crappy service, but it's funny how certain things catch on and become necessary.

R0bR says:

Exactly, it's not about pictures, social or filters. Its about a major app being available on the platform, it shows other developers that adoption for WP is increasing and worth developing for.

This guy gets it (R0bR). I find it so strange that most people posting on here aren't intelligent enough to get this. Or just ignorant enough to argue it's importance in their lives (which we really don't care enough about to live by).

rcballa12 says:

I think this looks real. A lot of slip-ups happen and are sometimes authorized leaks. Probably like 6 months out from release, though.

More fake than Jordan's boobs.

CX1 says:

shopped

dKp1977 says:

Fake. Although I remember apps that said "Windows Mobile" in their app description.

skaggsb says:

I would just like temple run. Don't care about instagram.

alex6272 says:

Yes! We need Temple Run (and Temple Run 2). For WP7.8 as well, not just WP8

Jandieg says:

What's the deal with filters? Still can't understand the Instagram obsession...

It's not about filters.  It's about the picture based social network behind it.

Jean80 says:

Filters are optional. It's a social network.
Imagine if WP8 didn't have FB or Twitter or 4sq. Not everyone 'gets' the need to use these social networks, but there is still a lot of demand for it.

joeyrants says:

It's not about filters, it's about sending a picture.

going to have to agree, I don't get it either. I hear a lot about how it's not about the filters but the social network, etc... but I have a FB, twitter, and G+ account. I think that's enough "social" in my life.. heck it's probably too much.

WinFan1 says:

Its about trying to stay current and cool, and letting some application become the center of your universe. I use Facebook twitter, and linkedin. I don't need another social networking app. I can barely stand using the ones I have now.

Adiliyo says:

i'm glad you're okay with the current social networks you have, but the platform needs to stay competitive to remain relevant and grow in size. i use instagram on my nexus here and there but the need for it to exist to grow the platform is very real and necessary. saying otherwise is just short sighted and completely missing the point.

WinFan1 says:

I'm not saying the platform doesn't need it just that in a couple of months or years instagram will be the next twitter ala Facebook ala MySpace ala migente for my Spanish peeps. People forget that social networking is a luxury not a need.

cannon#WP says:

And people like you seem to forget that Facebook has lasted almost 9 years and Twitter has now lasted amost 6. MySpace (2 years), Migente (3 years), Black Planet (3/4 years) and other social networks of the past failed because of spam and no administrative oversight unlike the thriving networks now. How about you just trolling Instragram stories with unnecessary hate?

WinFan1 says:

I have just as much right to voice my opinion about an app that people complain about daily. Instead of spamming the morons who made the damn thing. I'm not hating nor trolling just speaking the truth. All my friends use instagram I have an iPod touch and could use it if I wished so how am I trolling? Your mad because im badmouthing something you like is all.

cannon#WP says:

I'm not mad at all. You just always seem to be posting generalizations that have no merit or basis in reality. You seem like a delusional hater and obviously I've struck a bone for you to react the way you have.

WinFan1 says:

Why do I need a reason to dislike it? You haven't struck anything I just don't like people putting words in my mouth. Delusional in what sense I just think its sad that grown men and woman cry about apps. I've given enough attention to boring social networks. Unfortunately they are needed because people have seem to forgotten how to use a phone. Its clear that you fail to recognize that I would welcome the app I just don't worship it. I don't like it you do we differ its called being human beings. I don't hate you, or anyone else, and will definitely not get into an argument over instagram or any other app. Idk what your trying to prove or if you were just picking a fight but it isn't gonna happen and you won't change my pov sorry

Residing says:

Don't let 'em work you up...

cannon#WP says:

Nothing like bad-mouthing, talking down about and generalizing users to like services that you don't like. That's exactly the kind of attitude that will make WP the most desirable platform!

BTW, your incessant instagram hate belies your other social network usage. All 3 of the ones you use are all about staying "current & cool" to some people. You can't stand them, don't use them.

WinFan1 says:

LOL who said I hate instagram? When did I say that fool? Oh that's right I didn't. I was making a point, clearly you are the one offended by my post because your the type of person I outline. Come on bro if you read my post I explicitly say that its good for the ecosystem dimwit. I barely use twitter and I chat on Facebook something easily achieved if people used something else like Skype. Your annoying whining about needing instagram is a first world problem and if WP doesn't get it oh well bigger things to tackle like life? Just an example. Just saying please don't put words in my mouth thanks.

Sean D. says:

The part that bugs the sh!t outta me is that WP as a whole is a great OS. But to hear the constant whining and crying about and the claims that people will leave or avoid WP for an app (really ONE weak, boring, carbon copy app?!?) is just ridiculous to me.
Or even worse those that BLAME Microsoft for a developers lack of interest.

I'll say it again, people have it backward. If you want something done you have to "boycott" the developers, because they are the ones who are truly ignoring you.

cannon#WP says:

You're funny. When did I whine about needing IG? Obviously you're putting words in my mouth and I must of said something right because you've started trying to insult me, which usually means you have no argument (which you don't). Your hate for IG is highly apparent for anyone who can read the main thread through your comments.

WinFan1 says:

I apologize if I specified you I just meant in general. Again don't hate instagram, I just don't think people should purchase products because of individual apps, I don't like instagram im not opposed to it coming to the platform. Wouldn't make a difference to me because I don't use it. Again I agree that its good for the platform. I just want the topic of instagram on the forums to die that's it. And if you think that's insulting then im sorry but im alot less nice when I wanna be rude. I kept it relatively clean besides fool and dimwit which imply that you sounded foolish and have a dim wit about you. So again I apologize but hey like they say its my opinion aren't you glad we all have them.

Then don't download instagram.  No one is forcing anyone too.  What difference does it make if it comes to the store?  If it's the end of the world for you, SEE YA!

WinFan1 says:

People must not read. Or they have selective reading. Let me type it in capitol letters so you can see better. IM NOT OPPOSED TO INSTAGRAM COMING TO WINDOWS PHONE!!!!! I JUST DONT THINK THAT APP IS GOOD!!! UN-DER-STAND?

danrivhor says:

Don't you think that if this were true Microsoft or Nokia weren't already announced this months and months ago?

cannon#WP says:

Not necessarily. Remember when MS had displayed Angry Birds as one of the launch window games for WP7, only for it to not show up for over a year? There was also the time when Pandora was announced as a launch app, and we still don't have it, even after they re-announced it with a year of ad-free listening. My point is, MS has been burned with early announcements before so they may just be being extra cautious.

Sean D. says:

What you have to understand is that it has less to do with MS than you think. Developers have to DEVELOP.
Instead of holding MS to the flame and claiming they got burnt I don't understand why people don't turn away from, or "boycott" the developers who are ignoring you.

cannon#WP says:

I understand that. I'm not holding MS's feet to the fire at all. What I'm saying is, MS has been burned by prematuring announcing apps before. I'm sure those devs at Rovio & Pandora allowed MS to announce them before launch only to pull back and leave MS in a terrible place.

Big Supes says:

Maybe its just me, but I'm loving all the Instagram speculation/hype. Keep it comin' I say. :D

WPfreak8 says:

thats a fake.. I searched for instagram via app highlights and nothing were found.

MacDaMachine says:

They patched that yesterday I believe. Now you cant see what isn't already published on the store

WPfreak8 says:

Of course I meant BEFORE it was patched! ;-)

truthsforme says:

Ballmer, make it happen.

Sean D. says:

Wait don't you mean, "Kevin Systrom" make it happen"??

Cuz he's the one who's ignoring you.

SymoClod says:

I hope it's true, if only so that I never have to hear another word about this nauseating, brain-rotting app.

The account has 1 tweet. This is the only one.

The first sentence says 'on your Android'.

0/10.

Rick Smits says:

Stop teasing us :(

ChazTyldsley says:

Ah the old 'take a picture of a screen' trick to help mask any photoshop imperfections. If someone had that on their screen why not just hit printscreen? Fake.

Because a Printscreen image would be evidence? C'mon... ;)

Still, if it is...it's now added.

RobbCab says:

And the screenshot description magically says "..share gorgeous photos on your Windows Phone" now.

Highly suspect

Their explanation: photo was older. Screenshot was just taken and it Android/Windows Phone has been fixed.

WPfreak8 says:

to be honest.. they are liying.

sri_tech says:

Windows phone apps use tiles. Not the icons.
I wish you did not make it an article. :)

VernonEL says:

I'd say the post was published because there will be tons of other down-level sites that will report this as "fact", and Dan may feel obligated as Windows Phone community voice to share his feelings on it.

Yep, when I submitted an app, they got mad at me for using chrome, so I had to make it flat (WP design).

I'm not a big Instagram fan but I think that the purpose of Instagram is not to put "nice" filters on your pics but to share them with your friends. It is more a social network than a photo editor.

PJLips says:

Would be nice. Looks fake however.

zurjohnx says:

Instagram is not just about the filters is about sharing. People like to share. Not everyone but at the moment a lot of people. And tons of persons haven't moved to WP8 due to the absence of this type of apps.

Sean D. says:

I really don't believe that.

PhilR8 says:

There should be a third option: "I want to believe"

Mamacita42 says:

Oh boy its so fake!

theefman says:

Just let it go. If the devs dont want to release it for WP nothing will change that. Lets focus on the fact that Microsoft themselves are failing to create any high profile exclusive apps from their wide range of gaming IP along with the sorry excuse that is Skype on WP and Windows 8. Talk about $8.5 billion down the drain....

Yes, Microsoft needs to get us some EXCLUSIVE Halo & GoW Windows Phone games! They own these two highly successful franchises & have yet to bring either to this platform. Hopefully they're working on it. Not really expecting it though.

Fake, looks at the stupid icon.

cannon#WP says:

The icon isn't that far off of Fhotoroom's which isn't entirely a flat metro look either. I think it's fake too, but not because of the icon.

moc426 says:

When this finally comes, everyone is going to be excited for a whole two days then start complaining about another app we don't have on windows phone. But I would like to see this app on windows mostly to stop seeing these headlines for instagram.

mondokjm says:

You got it. Remember Draw Something? No one cared after it released and it was all, where's instagram? After IG, it'll be, where's snapchat? And after that something else.

Ecurb87 says:

After snapchat they'll be asking "where is the furby app?";-)

PhilR8 says:

Eh maybe, but Draw Something fizzled out very quickly.  It was a phenomenon for a few months immediately after release and then iOS users moved on to the next fad.  It was a fad, and arrived on Windows Phone after everyone had already moved on.
Contrast that with the consistent and constant demand for Instagram.

cannon#WP says:

Exactly, Draw Something (and to an extent, Words With Friends) was DOA when it made it to WP, unlike Instagram, Pandora & Pinterest. Ruzzle (the current popular game fad) will likely suffer the same fate as Draw Something, but IG & Pandora demand will remain constant.

Sean D. says:

My bet is it'll be Rocklive...

edjr07 says:

I know its crazy, its like all these people want apps on their phone that they like to use.

thirdday2002 says:

In the words of Senator Vreenak, "IT'S A FAKE!!!"

One of the best Star Trek episodes ever made.

thirdday2002 says:

Yes indeed. "I can live with it." #BenSisko4TheWin

jlambo says:

What we need is a WatchESPN app.

thirdday2002 says:

+1. Xbox360 has it, why don't we?

WinFan1 says:

We also need a Hulu plus app.

cannon#WP says:

So since we already have Facebook & Twitter and don't need Instagram. By your logic, we already have Crackle & Netflix, so we don't need Hulu Plus.

thirdday2002 says:

Huh? I don't think you replied to the proper posting, but you make a great point.

WinFan1 says:

O relax again never said we don't need it for the ecosystem I just don't need it!!!..... What are you gonna haunt my posts?

PhilR8 says:

Also, how about an MLB At Bat app? I'm pretty sure one is coming soon, based on the small print at the bottom of the recent iOS/Android release, but I'm becoming less and less convinced that the feature set will be commensurate with the iOS/Android release.

BlobDude says:

Well, we have had At Bat, but it's never included the video streaming that's the real reason most want it.

cannon#WP says:

They always release At Bat, just usally 1 or 2 months after iOS/Android.

cannon#WP says:

They need to fix ScoreCenter's problems first and update the UI to at least resemble the Win8 app at least little bit.

Sean D. says:

This^

And quoted for troof!
"What we need is a WatchESPN app"

gotta be some android trolling.

cashcar1979 says:

Hope its real..huge need for WP8 to gain mindshare and broader mass appeal.

Xaphoon148 says:

Nah...
Likes #2instawithlove better... ;)

niks_5in says:

No doubt fake

thaman04 says:

Even if it was real, who cares?  Instagram is so over-rated and while many people think it'll help the platform, I highly doubt it'll make a major difference.  Sure it'll help a little, but nothing drastic.  It's all about user perception and word of mouth.  Even if with crazy marketing, it didn't help as much.  We just need to keep spreading the world and showing people why Windows Phone is the best phone OS, instead of wasting time waiting for Ditztagram.

" Instagram is so over-rated and while many people think it'll help the platform, I highly doubt it'll make a major difference. "

You folks keep missing the point. It's not about the app specifically, it's about changing the mindset of any developer who is not considering Windows Phone as a viable platform to do business on.

Yes, Instagram is "dumb". Yes, Windows Phone is doing terribly at 3% market share. You make the connection.

Tjalsma says:

That's always my perception. I am not a fan of Instagram. I didn't use it when I had an iPhone. However, ignoring the importance of getting popular apps in the WP Marketplace is short-sighted. I don't see the appeal of Instagram but having it available certainly wouldn't hurt.

xconomicron says:

THANK You Daniel!  This is like the first logical comment on this wall of text.

As an WP app developer myself, what you said is 100% correct.  Getting these major apps is crucial to the platform while showing other major app developers that there is interest in the platform, so that they can come over and create apps.

I tell people all the time that app development has a domino effect.  It works one way or the other.  As WP gains major developers... -The other way is what we are seeing with BB right now...with no interest in developing, thus causing Android ports to come over to the platform.

Instagram is just one step in the process of the long uphill battle to improve the app market on WP.    A lot of folks do not understand that apps and having major app developers are the key to survival on a platform.  If people don't have the apps they need (which we saw when WP7 launched) why should they switch from a platform that has everything they already need?  Us WP adopters have a close mind when it comes to this -simply because we can "live" without with anything not already available.  But I guarantee that other people are going to take this into consideration.

cannon#WP says:

Malatesta is 100% right. And might I add, when we show people that WP is the best OS and they immediate ask, "Does it have Instagram?" or Pinterest or Pandora or anything else, and we say "No, not yet", then it's a failed converstion.

lippidp says:

MS should be working on making the next killer app. Instagram has had its time in the sun. The kids will move on to something else soon enough. That's what they do.

ninny1176 says:

I'm not worried about Instagram at all asI don't use it, but I am having a tough time understanding why if FB owns Instagram and MS has an ownership stake in FB why wouldn't there be a little pressure to satisfy a stakeholder by creating the app?

Nabkawe5 says:

according to Joe Belfiore this is the first WP8 game to come with Unity Engine's SDK , in the describtion its says that its the one of the best games in the App Store !!! (Apple Store?!) so this mistake is common,

Iain_S says:

yup description has not been changed to reflect it is on windows store and not apples app store, so yes things are missed and could be the same with this instagram too.

For the sake of the platform, I hope this is real. But I hope Microsoft realizes that app popularity can be fickle, and realizes they should be looking forward to whatever the next killer app could be. They need to be on the boat upon initial release, not a year after the app has peaked.

tcman88 says:

the updated screen shot says Windows phone? defiantly fake!

squire777 says:

haha so the guy realized how bad his fake was and went back to change "Android" to "Windows Phone"
0/10

HNNNNNGHHH says:

Likely fake, but still arouses much attention.

Either way, I'm getting tired of all this news about instagram.

Maybe Blue will give us Instagram integration.

KKRLessey says:

Could the app have been ported from android hence the app description?

rickmead says:

Spoke to a Microsoft employee at the Microsoft store on Orlando and they said Instagram is coming soon... Take it with a grain of salt but it was nice to hear

erzhik says:

Basic Microsoft employees have no info on that kind of thing. They say it to sell. I wouldn't trust store employees.

NIST says:

I don't think this was the apple store.

NIST says:

Seems legit.

TonyDedrick says:

If it is coming, awesome!

I really don't understand this obsession with this app. There are plenty really good substitutes so why should I care about this particular one.

´because it has the the community on it, 100 million people on it, for example imagine if there was not an facebook app but myspace only and u would say who cares about facebook there is pretty good substiitutes there ?? ..  so yeah windows phone needs instagram and thats it.
I myself do not like instagram at all but for sake of windows phone i want it, many people doesnt buy windows phone 8 because lack of instagram so we need it so much.

For me the only app that bothers me which isnt there yet is viber, hope it comes soon enough

erzhik says:

People are obsessed with Oreos while there are literally hundreds of substitutions that look and taste the same, but people are still obsessed with Oreos. Same for this, while there are many substitutions, nothing is exactly like Instagram.

NIST says:

Don't be bringing a bunch of fake Oreos to an Oreo party. Just saying....

Nickkk101 says:

As has been said a million times.. Its not the app experience that matters. This app has huge ecosystem importance. It may not be in 2years time, but right now NOT having this particular app on WP is enough to keep customers on android and ios, and Microsoft knows this. It might not mean much to you or me but to a million other fickle consumers, these things make the crucial difference in store.

TonyDedrick says:

You don't have to care about it. That's the beauty in choice

Whodaboss says:

It's obviously real. I read it on the internets. *_~

Social networks gain customers. Can you imagine if Windows Phone didn't have Twitter at all? People who frequent Twitter wouldn't buy a Windows Phone. That doesn't make them stupid or silly. It makes them informed consumers. It's the same thing with Instagram. It's a social network that focuses on pictures. It would be an amazing addition to Windows Phone. If you can't see that, YOU are the misinformed one. I expected Instagram to come to Windows Phone soon enough, so I bought a Lumia 920. I thank Nokia for realizing the customers like me who want Instagram and trying to get us what we want.

cannon#WP says:

+1 Another sensible and spot on comment.

TweetNiBerto says:

just post it when its available...im getting sick of this instagram thingy..

tN0 says:

If this is fake it is a good one. The text rendering looks right and it isn't a very easy task to fake ClearType text in Photoshop.

It looks real to me.

I was planning on leaving a comment but figured the point would be moot. Considering I refuse to utilize any social networking service and have no open/accounts to any of them my comment would just end up being bashed by the thousands of social networking fanbois and fangirls noting my idiocy to the subject. How ironic, soo many pots and kettles...

TonyDedrick says:

I'm sure no one is gonna bash anyone, provided one (not you specifically) leaves a comment that intelligently contributes to the discussion.

And I am not one to suggest to someone what and where they post. However, I would imagine if you don't care about something, you could choose to ignore it and move on to the next topic. I mean, I hate mashed potatoes. So I see nothing productive in going to a forum for mashed potatoes and bashing them.

cannon#WP says:

How can you hate mashed potatoes?!?!?!

I'm so going to call you bad names and insult your mother.

ihavewp8 says:

I guess they hire lazy people if they do copy and paste. Layoff time

Jazmac says:

Not yet. WP, I suspect will get instagram but its better to wait on official word. But it's fun if you have nothing else better to do than speculate.

ihavewp8 says:

Who fricken cares if wp have it or not. I can live without it. I guess people have no life without it.

real;...why not..every thing is possibel in proggraming world

RyanDaLyon says:

Although I've seen messaging apps on the windows marketplace who talk about android.

mts1711 says:

100 million dummies. wow

cannon#WP says:

Yes, because pro photographers & fellow WP enthusiast who enjoy sharing their work and seeing the work of others are dummies. Had no idea I was.

edjr07 says:

I hope it is...we need it

Amran Nagal says:

This definitely Fake,
1. If there would be such an app Nokia wouldn't release #2instawithlove
2. Details mentioned are wrong
3. If app would be coming, Microsoft would go mad over their Facebook page.

I remember when Instagram was working to Android, they gave a page to only say about that. They even did a subscription page to you receive the news on your e-mail that Instagram was avaliable to your phone as soon as they launched the app. So, I guess is fake. They like to put like drama to release the app. The app itself carries an aura. Some fanboys here, like to say that Instagram is not good, not necessary and bla bla. These answers are stupid. No one cares about the filters itself, I used to edit photos in snapseed and send to instagram on android, but the social network is nice. Without Instagram is like without Twitter.

Pages