Brotherhood of Violence for Windows Phone 8

Brotherhood of Violence for Windows Phone 8 joins iOS, beats Android and it's kind of awesome

There’s a new fight game on the Store today and we’ve been playing it for the last few hours. Called ‘Brotherhood of Violence’ the game is developed by realtech VR and it’s quite impressive visually (and hilarious for the in-game dialogue).

The game goes for $1.99 with a free trial and we strongly recommend you take out.  Brotherhood weighs in at just over 220MB, which isn’t too bad considering the game play involved and it should give fans of Virtua Fighter and similar street violent games something to cheer about. Indeed, the game is a ton of fun if only because of the aforementioned combo of great graphics and laugh-out-loud cut scenes.

What makes Brotherhood of Violence so special is that it was simultaneously released on iOS, Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 with Android and Mac OS evidently coming later. That makes one of the first times we’ve seen a developer jump on the dual Windows 8/Windows Phone 8 gaming potential as a reason to code over one for Android (plus games that cost money don’t do as well on Android, where most things are free with ad support).

From the game’s description:

“Brotherhood of Violence puts your fighting skills to the test with stunning 3D graphics, multiple fighting disciplines, and more than 400 ever evolving fighters that learn through artificial intelligence. Battle your way through 30 environments to defeat punks, ninja, Yakuza and more. Watch out for the Big Boss. He has it in for you and his skills are unmatched!

You're a former member of an elite brotherhood of assassins. The problem is, with this brotherhood there's no such thing as a "former" member. You knew the Big Boss would try to drag you back in, but you never thought he's kidnap your brother to get to you. Now you must follow the way of the warrior to find him and bring him home.”

Indeed, with Galactic Reign landing this week, this game and a few others, it almost looks like the dual W8/WP8 developer dream may be catching on. Of course it’s still too early to tell and these games could be exceptions but so far, we like where this is going.

Check out the video above of our hands on with Brotherhood of Violence, in addition to the teaser trailer. You can then download the game from here in the Store (Windows Phone 8 only). Thanks, Jabid21, for the tip!

QR: Brotherhood

Comments

Katsy One says:

For some reason the game on my Lumia 820 gets pixelated... I've figured out that it depends on settings. If I turn the Post FX option off graphics get better. But while performing special attacks or watching in-between scenes it's pixelated again.

unreal_rik says:

Happened to me to. That is pretty strange since the 820 has the same config as the 920.

Jazmac says:

Funny review.

Nakazul says:

Been playing it for some days now and I really don't like the cut scenes but love the fighting. I like cheesy...but I don't find this fun. :-( ....wonderful game never the less ones it gets going :-D

lippidp says:

What? It won't run on the 64-core GS4? Such a shame.

Jaskys says:

It's 4+4 cores...
[Edit by mod: Chill with the personal attacks]

He was being sarcastic

lippidp says:

I don't mind the personal attacks. It's so easy to sling them back here on the interwebs.

interopbyt says:

I think you meant 85 cores with 8000 TB of RAM :D

Lmao now that is just satire, thing will be as big as the space shuttle ;)

rimlover says:

#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; }
it will tomorrow.
"To be announced soon on Mac and Android."
the facebook page says march 18th so depending where you live it could be out now haha.

Fighting seems weird, and controls are so-so, but love the graphics and smoothness.

Too many games! Too many games! I am just so happy for all these developments in the windows phone ecosystem.

Nakazul says:

Its killing my budget, I want to own em all.
Also, now I want 128GB on my phone. I have almost all WP Xbox game and I can't keep em around on the phone :'( Need game saving to cloud...now!

@Nakazul

My Steam purchases and windows phone purchases are almost on the same level now! I had to scold myself onto stop buying games for this month.

Luckily, in a way, my 820 has only 8 GB memory. Indirectly I am being forced not to buy new games as there is no space to install after asphalt, shogun and galactic reign. The best part is that they are all multiplayer. Thank MS for Xbox live.

Dammit Another 1GB RAM requirement Game, 512 Mb RAM is the new 256 RAM.
All these games, Asphalt, Real Football, And now this work perfectly on iPhone 4 and 4s with 512 MB RAM....
While I wait for a good WP8 game that would work on my 620...

/rant

travisel says:

This fall Windows Phones' will use Quad-Core Snapdragon 800 series (MSM8974) with 2GB of RAM and 5" 1080p display's coming!

Grey says:

i hope. they must support 1080p display and quadcore.

Daniel only use your foot......

WhippedKream says:

Does anyone know if it is difficult to make a game for iOS and port it to windows phone? My friend is making a game for iOS, which I'm making the music for and I rlly would like it if he gave some WP love but I need to convince him and give him some incentives :P no plans for android tho :)

CommonBlob says:

Depends if he codes it natively or with unity/monogame etc. Some are easy, some are not. Assets can be transferred easily though, whatever the engine.

WhippedKream says:

When I run the game it says it is run by unity. Is this the same thing? Im not rlly a programmer yet as I have only learnt the basics in my engineering lool, and I don't know if I'll go any further seeing as im in chemical :P

GrandBoss says:

As far as i know, its a good sign. You can run unity stuff on ios, android, wp8 and even in some browser. im not really familiar with unity so i dont know how but i think you need the newest unity or even beta

WhippedKream says:

Awesome! This will make for some interesting discussion with him hahaha. Thanks :)

If the use he using the direct3D as a UI components, C+c, and the win32/ COM API sets. I am not sure what he will be using as IDE, but these elements are necessary to have cross-platform game development.

lemonsteveo says:

The voice acting is hilariously bad, but gameplay is decent I guess.

Very glad this came for IOS and wp8, I downloaded so many apps I lost 5 GB to apps (not other!) in two weeks...need bigger capacity for all these games

schandlich says:

Can't take the controls. The joystick makes me feel stupid.

NIST says:

I hope you don't fight like that for real Dan. Half naked flipping around in the air with your crazy foot kicks.

Way to go. Enjoy all my WP8 buddies. Happy for the progress and love that's happening on WP8.

willied says:

I'm feeling good about WP8 and the support. It only gets better from here. I just wish I could put games on my microSD card. I keep running out of space.

kubimonsta says:

oooh!! shit just got serious.

phatboy66 says:

Just bought it! waiting for dowload to finish!

Anyone else think the level in the top left corner looks like a level from Power Stone from the Dreamcast?

Terrin says:

another game that should be xbox enabled but ms is to stubborn......

Lithon says:

I love this developer because they used the correct-official "Available on" pictures at the end of the trailer for Windows 8 & RT and Windows Phone xD

TopTomy says:

OK that's it, purchased :)
awesome game!!!

Thanks Daniel.

aboodesta says:

Gah, not available for my region. Please release it world wide -_-

kimlo91 says:

Purchased to show support for the developer releasing simultaneously.

Thank you!

Victor85 says:

224Mb update?? For the love of gawd, does this update include more corny one-liners?