MeTweets v2 for Windows Phone

MeTweets is getting ready to hit version 2.0, we show you what’s new

We last talked about MeTweets back in December when the app hit version 1.2 with some Windows Phone 8 support. Now, version 2.0 is near, and we have a sneak preview of what’s changed. For those who aren’t familiar, MeTweets is one of our top Twitter apps for the platform: it’s fast, smooth, minimalist and loaded with features.

Version 2.0, due out within the next week or so, looks to raise the bar even higher with some redesign changes in layout and lots of new options, including a few “firsts” for a Windows Phone Twitter client.

Interestingly, today is that app’s five month anniversary, so why not watch our hands on video to see some of the new additions and learn why MeTweets deserves your attention?

MeTweets v2 for Windows Phone

Changes in version 2.0

• Smart Split/Smart Merge – MeTweets will now automatically split your tweet into multiple messages if you exceed the 140 character limit (likewise, it will recombine them too)
  • Windows Phone 8 – Voice commands and tweet dictation supported
  • In-app YouTube video playback
  • In-app Readability support
  • New design for Timelines
  • New design for profile pages
  • Indicator for unread tweets
  • SkyDrive inline images
  • Pull to refresh gesture for easier use
  • MeTweets will now automatically filter the spam out of your mentions (Mentions that contain only a link, coming from a user you don’t follow, will be hidden)
  • Search for Images on Twitter
  • Windows Phone app links will now automatically open in the Store (and not IE)
  • In-app toast notifications

Needless to say, that’s quite a large set of new features and indeed, the app is as fun as ever to use. We’ve always liked the look of MeTweets and it’s having all of those in-line and in-app functions like image viewing, YouTube and Readability for IE links, keeps you within the Twitter experience and is our preferred way to use it.

We’ll keep you posted when MeTweets 2.0 goes live in the Windows Phone Store. For now, you can trial out version 1.5 (or buy it for $1.49) by following this link.

QR: MeTweets

Comments

I knew I did the right thing when I bought this app :D

Micah Dawson says:

I love this app!

ajua says:

I bought it but my favorites still are rowi and Mehdoh. I will give MeTweets 2.0 a try to see how it does with this new version.

luimende says:

I stopped using twitter clients when the official app came out, but me tweets just won again. Love the youtube and readability options.

juan6996 says:

I liked Rowi cause it was the fastest. Then Twitter got updated and is awesome. I hope MeTweets works better than Twitter.

Kenjoe says:

Ahh seem like imma delete Mehdoh and go back to this app

juan6996 says:

BTW, does it show header pictures?

dKp1977 says:

The one in profiles? Yes it does.

juan6996 says:

Do you have the app already?

dKp1977 says:

I am one of the beta testers. So yes, I've been using it for quite some time now. ;)

juan6996 says:

Cool! How do you/can you beta test MeTweets? I beta tested MetroTube before..

MadMatt25 says:

Hello Juan,

As MeTweets 2.0 is about to be released, the beta is currently on hold. Just stay tuned, the app will be released in about one week.

Regards,
Matthieu, DreamDevelopment

Jazmac says:

Wow. Metweets had been putting in work. Nice to see.

Hey i think the version should be 1.5 and not 1.2 , if i´m not mistaken......

dKp1977 says:

That's absolutely correct. :)

Looking forward to it. Metweets was one of my top apps. I'm using twitter now because I like the Me profile page. I don't see that on the list of changes.

Awesome app just bought the full version. bye bye tweet Caster!

weepatc says:

I have been a beta tester for this app. & believe me when you try version 2.0 you won't go back to your previous client as it has just about everything. The dev is a Belgian guy & very responsive to questions, bugs & feature requests. When the latest version goes live I would advise you to try before you buy don't take my word for it, give it a spin & see for yourself.

nez99 says:

My biggest issue with 3rd party twitter apps is how quickly they register mentions/retweets etc. the official app notifies you IMMEDIATELY, all 3rd party apps seem to take between 15 seconds and several minutes sometimes. Official twitter app is instant EVERY time. Thats a big deal to me but it does break me that official twitter app does not have Instapaper support :( :( :(

blackhawk556 says:

The old version has a bug where it doesn't pick the tweet I'm trying to click on. When I select a tweet, it picks the one above it. I hope that's fixed with the new version.

Jnbs says:

Very good. I stop using it, but with these new features ill use it again :D

Nilay Shah1 says:

Most feature already available in twabbit like,
1. Youtube in-App playback
2. Voice command
3. Indicator for unread tweets
4. Skydrive inline preview
5. Image search (and exclusive imageflow feature for cached tweet not in any client yet)
6. In-App toast notification

Also few more features that only available in twabbit,
1. Allow application to run under lockscreen
2. In-App timer while application running under lockscreen
3. Gesture functions
4. Customization
5. More options for Streaming

darrenjadams says:

The trial expired approximately 3 seconds after installing it, which wasn't really long enough to give it a test-run.

MadMatt25 says:

Hello Darrenjadams,
Could you please get in touch with me via e-mail so we can work this issue out? Contact me via support (at) DreamDevelopment (dot) be

Regards,
Matthieu, DreamDevelopment

colmsmyth says:

Delighted my suggestion for image search is being well received.....its also coming to Twabbit too....follow me on twitter @colmsmyth and www.irelandstechnologyblog.com for lots of news on new apps

dalydose says:

My phone has more Twitter apps than an iPhone has fart apps! Only one gets start screen love and MeTweets2 will get another shot at stardom. :)

oufc_gav says:

The only issue I have with this app is the re-occurring bug that still hasn't been fixed whereby after a while when I tap on a tweet to open/interact with it - it selects the wrong tweet (the one below in the timeline).