MeTweets is getting ready to hit version 2.0, we show you what’s new
We last talked about MeTweets back in December when the app hit version 1.2 with some Windows Phone 8 support. Now, version 2.0 is near, and we have a sneak preview of what’s changed. For those who aren’t familiar, MeTweets is one of our top Twitter apps for the platform: it’s fast, smooth, minimalist and loaded with features.
Version 2.0, due out within the next week or so, looks to raise the bar even higher with some redesign changes in layout and lots of new options, including a few “firsts” for a Windows Phone Twitter client.
Interestingly, today is that app’s five month anniversary, so why not watch our hands on video to see some of the new additions and learn why MeTweets deserves your attention?
Changes in version 2.0
- Smart Split/Smart Merge – MeTweets will now automatically split your tweet into multiple messages if you exceed the 140 character limit (likewise, it will recombine them too)
- Windows Phone 8 – Voice commands and tweet dictation supported
- In-app YouTube video playback
- In-app Readability support
- New design for Timelines
- New design for profile pages
- Indicator for unread tweets
- SkyDrive inline images
- Pull to refresh gesture for easier use
- MeTweets will now automatically filter the spam out of your mentions (Mentions that contain only a link, coming from a user you don’t follow, will be hidden)
- Search for Images on Twitter
- Windows Phone app links will now automatically open in the Store (and not IE)
- In-app toast notifications
Needless to say, that’s quite a large set of new features and indeed, the app is as fun as ever to use. We’ve always liked the look of MeTweets and it’s having all of those in-line and in-app functions like image viewing, YouTube and Readability for IE links, keeps you within the Twitter experience and is our preferred way to use it.
We’ll keep you posted when MeTweets 2.0 goes live in the Windows Phone Store. For now, you can trial out version 1.5 (or buy it for $1.49) by following this link.