United Airlines releases its Windows Phone 8 app
United Airlines has released it's Windows Phone 8 app, United, today. The app is a feature rich connection to the airlines to help you make it through your travels.
The United app's main pages cover your basic menu options (book a flight, check on flight status, check in, etc.), a log in page for your United Airline's account, a travel tools page (flight reminders, games, currency converter, baggage charges and more) and an Airport Maps page.
Key features of the United app include:
- “My Travel” section – easy storage of reservations, boarding passes, flight status alerts and United Club one-time passes
- Check-in and mobile boarding pass storage – quick access so you’re ready on the go
- Flight booking – book your flights, including award travel, from your Windows Phone
- Review your reservations – once travel is booked, you can access your reservations, change seats, add to your device calendar or send your itinerary via email
- Flight Status – view the upgrade list, seat map, in-flight amenities and departure gate for your flights
- Flight status notification and live tiles – monitor a selected flight
- Account access – enroll in MileagePlus® or view your current account activity
- United Club locations – find a location or purchase a one-time pass
- FlightView – view flight maps showing current flight status and weather
United comes across as a very well laid out, feature rich app and if you fly United Airlines this may very well be a must have app for your Windows Phone 8 device.
United is a free app that you can find here in the Windows Phone Store.
Thanks, Travis, for the tip!