Microsoft 'betrayed' Finland, says Finnish finance minister of layoffs

Windows Phones

Lumia 930 pre-orders begin in Norway Wednesday for July 10 launch

Windows Phones

Microsoft Store US site pulls pre-order listings for Nokia Lumia 635

Nokia Imaging SDK 1.2 released, Lumia SensorCore SDK out of private beta

Windows Phones

Microsoft teases possible launch date of a green Lumia or successor to the X

Microsoft partners with British designer to create wireless charging pants

Lumia 930 availability on Ireland's Meteor pushed back to mid-July

Lumia 1320, 630 availability expand to Argos Ireland

Nokia Ireland confirms Lumia 930 launch on July 3

Windows Phones

Nokia Lumia 635 going on sale in Singapore on Saturday

Nokia updates Network+ again

Nokia buying Medio Systems to improve its HERE maps service

Nokia Lumia 930 confirmed to be coming soon to Ireland on Meteor

< >

What can the matter be? We're not sure, but Nokia Malaysia has lost the plot

So what's up with these poor souls? Is it a scary movie? Are they being forced to use an iPhone? Who knows, but one thing we're certain of is that Nokia has clearly lost the plot this time. Nokia Malaysia has published the above video, which shows some weird things happening in the country.

The description of the video simply reads "Very strange things have been happening in Malaysia." So we put the question to you: What can the matter be? If we were to guess, we'd say everyone's going slightly mad having to wait for the Lumia 720 and Lumia 520 to arrive.

Source: YouTube, Lumia Live Centre; thanks, Piaget, for the tip!

Comments

Micah Dawson says:

Lol this amuses me for some reason

Nickkk101 says:

Its Instagram. It has to be.

JW888 says:

Nokia fans don't need Instagram, It's only for girls................Dude

MSfiend says:

I know plenty of girls who will not make the switch to Window Phone because we don't have Instgram, so this app will be a welcomed addition to the Windows platform. Increased market share for the win!

washlampah says:

...................

Rockartisten says:

This ad fills people with such positive emotions. They just have to have a Lumia.

singwei says:

Nokia Lumia users in Malaysia definitely mad with Nokia Malaysia for not being able to release Portico update. We are waiting the OTA update from Nokia Malaysia since March!!!

zyran says:

I went to a Nokia Center and got the update manually. From what I was told, they're having some technical issues with the OTA update.

singwei says:

Nokia able to roll out the OTA update worldwide, but not Malaysia. Nokia Malaysia just sxxk!!!

Cannot agree more. As for the video above, that man would be me after waiting MONTHS for portico to arrive.

DesRed says:

I recall reading the Nokia Malaysia fb page on the Portico update and while some people did get it when it was resumed on 2nd April, the rest didn't. Previously they mentioned that it will be available mid-April. Still haven't received it on my red L920 which I bought before CNY (Stuck on 1232.2109.1242.1002).

Not surprised if what you mentioned is still the case, and I certainly hope they can resolve it soon.

fachru says:

DesRed says:

"I got similar situation here. Buy yellow Lumia 920 since day one it's available in Malaysia at 21 Dec last year. never receive any update either portico, or any firmware update. I'm so mad everytime I read update is available from either wpcentral or any other source because I know I need to wait another 4 months to get that. I wish I bought from Indonesia or Singapore which has better support from Nokia."

I am aware that the updates are staggered by region, but what I didn't expect was a goof-up on our side which delayed the Portico update until heck knows how long, which irritates me. Was really looking forward to it because of the daylight camera improvements. :(

"Nokia Malaysia is really worst. they even put a waranty sticker on back side of beutiful device like Nokia Lumia 920 just because they can't put it Inside. In era of technology like today. I only found Nokia Malaysia is Technology company that still use warranty sticker as main warranty system."

I assume it is done as a guarantee that you can claim Warranty at any Nokia Care or Store when you don't have a receipt or Warranty Card around. Not to mention that the SIRIM sticker is also slapped on the back as well. Same case as both the 800 and 900. Haven't gone though this as I did not encounter problems with previous Nokia phones I've owned.

Not sure how other manufacturers deal with Warranties, but if they don't need some sticker to do so, then Nokia Malaysia should follow suit. The other problem is the SIRIM sticker...

zhoulhas says:

just use  NSU laaaaaa   --'

singwei says:

I wish to. But I don't want to lost my Whatsapp chat history, game progress.......etc

showkey says:

having problem with NSU . :(

iMuniem says:

Hey, I live in Malaysia and I have the storage check

danielgray says:

Wow they suck more than Nokia Australia! That is bad..

justifyer says:

Just force the update.. I've got it loooooong time ago.. When it first came out..

zhoulhas says:

Are they being forced to use an iPhone? <-- surely because of this! lol

iMuniem says:

Maybe because of the 720 & 520 is coming. Its already on Nokia Malaysia's website

Rich Edmonds says:

It's noted in the article, Captain Obvious :-)

Who's to say you didn't add this after he mentioned this...

Rich Edmonds says:

Because I haven't updated the article at all since it was published, and know full well what I type into the CMS.

North Korea has nukes and Iran has a time machine.

Rich Edmonds says:

But England has fish and chips, crap weather, awful beaches and Mary fluffing Poppins.

A nice Snatch quote for you.

What kind of caravan you want?

Rich Edmonds says:

One with a door that doesn't pull right off!

Mark Wedge says:

periwinkle blue

Great fishing in the U.K. I hear though...

Rockartisten says:

All I read from that was "Mary Poppins... nice snatch".

Jason94 says:

I live in Malaysia, I think it will be lumia 520 & 720

pengfoong says:

Malaysians are definitely mad at Nokia for failing to provide any OTA update, not even Portico. A lot of users are still using pre-Portico. Some have flashed their phone themselves or brought it to the Nokia Care Center. But not everybody is fine with losing all the data in their phone.

singwei says:

+1. Totally agree. I am still using Pre-Portico. stock WP8.

singwei says:

If any Nokia or Microsoft employee here, please assist Malaysia Lumia users to have the OTA update a reality.

Eas195 says:

I saw a Malaysian commenter said that he had a storage check present in his phone, before.

singwei says:

They either have their phone flashed it manually themselve using NSU or in Nokia Care Center. Besides that, those who bought the phone recently came with Portico pre-installed.

iMuniem says:

I got storage check for my 620 in Malaysia

pengfoong says:

Only 620(not sure some or all) and some 920 users got the OTA. Most 920 and 820 are still pre-portico

ahlun Lee says:

I thought Nokia Malaysia announced the Protico OTA a last few weeks? But it still depends on the operator when to release it, no?

pengfoong says:

Nokia Malaysia announced the OTA but so far only a handful got the OTA. Malaysian's handset are not carrier locked, even if you buy it from the carriers. Why do we need to wait for the operators to release it? If I buy it from nokia store(unlocked), I still need to wait for the operator to release the update? What if I don't put a sim card in?
I don't know but it's kinda strange for me. I just hope Nokia Malaysia and Microsoft get their acts together and give Malaysians the update.

Corepc says:

These people are so obsessed with their Nokia's. That spending just a hour away from it drives them crazy..:-)

ahlun Lee says:

Not sure about what Nokia is up to, but Surface RT is launching in Malaysia on that day 25th April.

gokkenath says:

Looks like grudge

DesRed says:

If this video was meant to promote the release of the 520 and 720 on the 25th April, then it completely misses the mark.

Nokia Malaysia should hire a better marketing team.

Ramonis7 says:

Disturbing, and awesome ate the same time. I felt just like this while I was waiting for my 920. Crazy. ._.

sumedh says:

I love Nokia ads :-D

BooNMiNG says:

my favorite malaysian youtubers!! haha..

I'm from Malaysia n seriously I dont know WTF is going on with the video....

well anwyay i'm more of delighted to see many Malaysians r active n keen here on WPcentral.
shout out: "Whassup guys!!!" :P

GERO ZERO says:

Eh bro, that ad ah, dam so hai man....kan ni neh.

The video reminds me of the wait for the 920 in November 2012 in the US. You know you where one of those .. Don't you!

GERO ZERO says:

Aiyoh.....so hai-nya!

WuhJett says:

i dun know what the hell nokia malaysia doing.......... i gt the update because they gt offer manual update

Can't load the video in my 8X. The hell?

jasonxz says:

"The video has been removed by the user"

shampisang says:

Chillax Malaysian Nokia users. My Nokia 3310 hasn't been offered updates since forever but I'm still cool with it.

Zamir Yusof says:

i just participated in the socialitis test. Looks like a cool promo for the upcoming 720