Instagram app

See more comments in the latest update for 6tag

Windows Phones

Microsoft's latest video shows off the Nokia Lumia 1020 with OneDrive and Instagram

6tag gets bumped with minor fixes and improved Russian language support

Official BlueFly app brings a boutique fashion experience to Windows Phone

Weather Hound updated with transparent Live Tile support

Awesome Lock updated in preparation for the World Cup

Flipkart adds new features and improvements to their Windows Phone app

Bollywood entertainment portal, Koimoi, launches official Windows Phone 8 app

Middle East's leading newspaper, Khaleej Times, arrives on Windows Phone

CNET comes to Windows Phone with all its Tech-Savviness

Tonido released for Windows Phone 8 for remote access to your home computer

Another day, another official app in India, Airtel Money arrives on Windows Phone 8

Bollywood Hungama makes a comeback on Windows Phone 8 for Bollywood fans

Boxcryptor comes to Windows Phone and Windows 8, allows you to encrypt all data you send to the cloud

Official Facebook beta updates with bug fixes and more reliable notifications

Fhotoroom gets an updated, adds in-app store and new editing tools

Nextgen Reader updated for Windows 8, adds new Feedly Pro features and more

Simple Calendar updated, new Live Tiles added to the mix

Shreeji Bullion for Windows Phone 8, a fine app to track the Indian Market

Plex for Windows Phone 8 updated, adds Plex Sync to the mix

< >

Instagraph continues to improve its service, puts Windows Phone 8 app on sale

Instagraph

Instagraph is an unofficial Instagram app for Windows Phone, which enables consumers to upload and share photos with other users. Utilising a workaround to get past restrictions with Instagram APIs, the team has gone from only allowing a limited number of submissions to no limits at all. The team has improved its service since launch and an update is planned for the near future.

The team boasts a sizeable improvement since day one, by 10x in fact. 80 percent of Instagraph users are said to upload less than one photo each day. To make the deal that much sweeter for new users, the app is currently on sale for just $0.99. We'll have more details on this update soon.

You can download Instagraph from the Windows Phone for $0.99 (usually $2.49)

QR: Instagraph

Comments

Oh how nice for all of us early adopters to put it on sale already...

rdubmu says:

Exactly, but at the same time early adopters will be getting up to 10 uploads per day. Double the current count.

venetasoft says:

No limits now :)

Heavy Rain says:

I'm guessing he did it because of "itsdagram"

RolexDPracer says:

I bought it; but still workaround for registering my device?

By the way, instagraph has a comment field character limit, as most of the time my tags simply get cut of with a [...] .

Jazmac says:

On sale? Seriously?

Vurdjol says:

They have no choice because there are other cheaper apps available (itsdagram/winstagram) now that can do the same as instagraph.

nizzon says:

Whats Winstagram?

TonyDedrick says:

Another third party uploading app similar to Instagraph. Kind came in under the radar

dam s says:

But these other apps use private APIs and Facebook can ask to remove or disable access to these apps easily.
Instead Instagraph don't violate the instagram's conditions

planty says:

Still no Windows Phone 7.x version of any of them though :-(

Winstagram is available for WP7.x

cannon#WP says:

Thanks guys, I hadn't heard about Winstagram. Think I'll still wait and spend my pennies on Itsdagram.

tbradwofford says:

FYI... Just tried the Winstagram using my HTC Radar and the app worked perfectly!

arbnor3301 says:

don´t want to hear any news more about the instagram fakes in the store. They are no fakes at all.... and when Instagram hits the store the other apps about instagram are lost....

DJCBS says:

I'd rather wait for the official Instagram App.

CronGM says:

That could be a long wait. Let's hope it's not, even though I don't use Instagram. I just want to see my WP ecosystem grow.

DJCBS says:

I don't use it either but I understand people really want it. Nevertheless, it won't be that long a wait. The App is ready and has been on tests for a while. I expect it won't take long now.

it starts to get a little weird with instagram? I do ik what to buy ?

he_shark says:

Wait for tomorrow and see if Nokia announce an official app with the 925...

This repeated news about these work around apps are frustrating to say the least! I mean...cool and all that these developers have taken the time and effort to make these apps...but why should that need be there?
I know it's not Window's fault...and it certainly isn't Nokias since they are doing everything they can to bring Instagram to WP. I'm pretty fed up with the people behind the decision at Instagram/Facebook to make this, what I can see as inevitable decision to make an official WP app.
tl;dr, Alternative workaround apps all well and good...but don't flood us with news about them. It just brings up the bad thoughts of an official app NOT being on the store yet.

tbradwofford says:

venetasoft... Still plan on releasing a WP 7.xx version?

tbradwofford says:

Update: Just tried the Winstagram app mentioned in the above comments of this post. Posted instantly to my instagram account without issue using my HTC Radar. Thanks Winstagram!

LaNiQuE says:

I'm not trying to be cheap but id like to get it while it's on sale but im not upgrading to a 720 into the end of the month

pepsijosh says:

Buy it now you'll be able to download it again for free later...if you don't have a Windows Phone 8 try & buy it on the website

LaNiQuE says:

Yea that's what im trying to do now

aerosmillie says:

Only because the real Instagram app is being announced tomorrow at the Nokia event....hopefully!

cashcar1979 says:

Very tired of articles on these Instagram knock offs...

I need to be able to reposition my image during the crop stage. Not all images are content centered.

LeLee092 says:

For David Wilson, I edit my picture before uploading just use the square crop ratio! :)

I just don't think I should have to do that. But I don't want to complain too much.

LeLee092 says:

Ignotum666 says:

Instagram, Instagram everywhere!
FO!

Good job Venetasoft! I'm looking forward to the update. Any word on the integration between Instagraph and Metrogram?

rubenbest says:

Winstagram is the best and its not even known crazy

I agree. Fotor to edit and then Winstagram to upload.

I prefer itsdagram, very nice looking app and full featured too. I got lucky and bought it when it was leaked yesterday. It should hit the store again this week. But is currently WP8 only.

rubenbest says:

Well im talking about out right now. When that comes out i will be using that

TonyDedrick says:

Folks here seem so sure that an official app is coming, lol. Until then, I have no problem with third party alternatives

MadOx75 says:

Not that I'm really worried about it, but wasn't there some mention of a "bonus" for early purchasers of the app? Those of up who bought it and then the service went down for days under its own weight? What every became of that?

By the time this Instragram fad is over we'll just be getting the official app anyways. I don't see myself using it once it comes out. But hopefully WP8 gets "the next big thing" right at launch.

joeynox says:

The effects keep destroying my pictures . They get all pixelated

RyanDaLyon says:

F*** this app its garbage..... I'd rather waste $50.00 on a more legit app like insdagram. My $1.50 lost on this will go towards insdagram.

Harue25 says:

Kind of glad I only wasted $1 on this cause it's kind of garbage. I can get passed the 5 uploads a day but the character limit is kind of stupid. Wish I would have known about Winstagram before buying it lol Oh well, I guess I'll stick with using my old android phone over wifi to use instagram for now :P

Shantek says:

There's no upload limit now. Says it at the very top of the article.

Harue25 says:

Sorry I see that now, they didn't update the description on the store when I downloaded it. The app is still really slow though and $1 for something that only uploads a photo is kind of a rip off. I'm sure it will get better but right now its just not worth it.

Shantek says:

Yeah like my comment below, I don't touch anything that doesn't have a trial for that exact reason. I am more than happy to dish out some cash if something is good, but I want to see it first, even if it's only $1

Harue25 says:

I don't really mind not having a trial it's just the major lack of features your getting for what you paid. I'm not really trying bash the app since it does what it advertises but for $1 I was expecting a little more lol. No biggie though since I don't use instagram religiously like most people :P

Shantek says:

I would buy it, but I want to try things before I buy, so no deal.

Romit Mehta says:

Bought it yesterday. It does not upload pictures, gives me an error which says ' Operation aborted, publishing error, try again later'.
Any tips on what could I do to get around this?

miiwp says:

Hi. It is great you have made iG uploading app for wp. But have you noticed that tags are not working.. Yousee I can find OTHER things by clicking my tag, but MY PHOTO is not among those pictures wich I found by clicking tag..