Instagram app

See more comments in the latest update for 6tag

Windows Phones

Microsoft's latest video shows off the Nokia Lumia 1020 with OneDrive and Instagram

6tag gets bumped with minor fixes and improved Russian language support

Instagram BETA brings performance improvements and crash fixes in latest update

Instagram Beta updated to fix crashes from yesterday’s Lock screen update

Instagram for Windows Phone finally adds Lock screen support

Instagram for Windows Phone updated with minor bug fix

Print your Instagram photos at Walgreens with Printicular for Windows Phone

WPCentral News

How to follow Windows Phone Central on Twitter and Instagram!

Latest Instagram update sneaks in notification support on the Lock screen

Official Instagram app for Windows Phone receives another update, still no video upload

Instagram for Windows Phone updated with 'performance improvements and UX refinements'

Paid version of Instance v 2.0 is live in the Windows Phone Store

UnfollowSpy gains Instagram support, stalk your stalkers

Alphega for Windows Phone pinpoints where tweets and check-ins are coming from

Popular Windows Phone Twitter client Mehdoh is free today [Update]

Instagram client 6tag gets ability to save videos to SkyDrive in latest update

Download your favorite Instagram videos with InstaVideo Downloader for Windows Phone

Spice up your Windows Phone photography with Instafont, now with a special deal

6tag picks up Instagram Direct in version 3.0

Itsdagram for Windows Phone 8 Instagram

Itsdagram gets rapid fix for initial bugs, gets new look too in latest update

It was just yesterday that Itsdagram, the first fully-featured Instagram app (albeit unofficial) for Windows Phone 8, became available. Even though the app was beta tested by a small group, some bugs did get through that hampered some user experiences. Luckily, those have been fixed.

Version 1.1.5 has just gone live in the Store and it should fix some regional issues that some were having (namely, regions where commas are used instead of periods) has been addressed and the overall app has been bumped to essentially what current beta testers are using.

Itsdagram for Windows Phone 8 Instagram

That version includes an updated UI (you can now like from the feed view directly, in addition to comments), general performance improvements and we here a filter update will be pushed over-the-air tonight at some point too.

Considering Itsdagram is so high profile (just about 12K downloads in one day), it’s great to see a rapid turnaround on bug fixes, allowing you folks to begin to participate on the Instagram network.

Head here to the Store to get the latest version of Itsdagram (free, limited trial; $1.49). Windows Phone 8 only (Windows Phone 7.x is planned).

QR: Itsdagram

Comments

RetroMan71 says:

Ok on my way!

sasukeluffy says:

Wow, that was a fast fix!! Love the app so far, haven't yet bought the full fersion because I haven't even used my free upload.. But, I think i'll buy it sometime next week :)
Cheers!
Edit: Wait wait, just downloaded the update and now the app's name is "Itsdagram free" in the marketplace? And still I only have free trial and full version costs 1,49€??

Jay Bennett says:

Developer has said on his twitter that the "free" word was a mistake in the rapid attempt to fix the regional issue :)

deloa84 says:

Thanks for clarifying that for me and others.

B_RAD89 says:

I bought this app but could not register after trying multiple times. I did an uninstall and then tried to reinstall it but the store is telling me "try" or "buy" What do I do? Help?

tcman88 says:

Just hit buy and it will recognize you have already purchased the app

deloa84 says:

I did the same. I bought it, uninstalled it because I could not register, downloaded it again, (I did not pay twice for it) and I logged in and it worked lol.

You can press "Buy"... it'll tell you that you've already bought the app and propose to reinstall it for free.

JMBasquiat says:

Great news. I'm currently using the trial and see no limits to it? Posted a photo today, went through without a hitch. Does anyone know what the limitations are? Will purchase once there's clarity vis-vis Instagram and ToS.

Jowiso says:

If you try to post another photo, you should run into a block telling you that you need to purchase it.
I think the limit is just one upload on the trial.

aaa6112 says:

This is correct.

raayzo says:

I've discovered the path to the dark side. There is a way to upload without limitation and without purchasing the app. It's essentially stealing from the dev, but I consider it fair game since the whole 'fake review page' scandal took place. I don't want to drop the bomb here incase it gets patched, so I'll keep it my dirty little secret. Sorry, but I'm not sorry.

odoggyfresh says:

Is a fully free (ad supported) version of the app still coming next week?

mrshamoozoo says:

JESUS 12000 downloads in a day! Man this guy is killing it!!!!! And excellent support too. We dont need instagram when we have a perfectly good alternative that will actually update the app all the time!!

how u know that number? i hope this app sells atleast 2 million, its awesome

chad08er says:

Read the article.

Lol haha.. Btw how Daniel knows that 12k downloads? Can we see from somewhere how many downloads certain apps have? I really would love to chech download counts of the apps

fwaits says:

The dev can see how many downloads and probably talked to Dan so he relayed it in his post.

I sent a email to Daniel, the dev, with all the bugs I found, and I hope this time he will respond me.

Yeah, crashes whenever I post a comment after latest update. Other than that, I love it.

Z10YkakPES says:

Why does it say free after update, when I bought the app?

L2nak says:

Yeh.. :| and now the account names are after the photo. Noooo, why did I update!?

topleya says:

I also don't like the new look as much.

Prefered when each post was bordered and separated from each other.

Hope it gets changed soon.

wolovids says:

I agree. I like that the poster's name is now displayed but it's hard to separate out the different posts now. The user's name seems out of place at the bottom. It probably should be above the image while leaving the caption below it.

NinjaX says:

Yeah it sucks and its confusing that the name is after the photo. +1

alfredhmlam says:

The new layout is confusing. It would be nicer if it followed the official Instagram app's format of account name, photo and caption. I think that this way it would be easier to identify who uploaded what photo.

I agree! Much better in the previous version.

muitosabao says:

Agreed too. Some things were better before, namely the thin graceful fonts used before were much nicer. Now, too much wasted space.

MacDaMachine says:

Yea, it changed the name to itsdagram Free. I didn't pay for that!

manicmailman says:

I had the same thing happen!  Did everyone who bought it get smoked just now??

deloa84 says:

OMG ! I just noticed that... What the? Maybe he was too quick to release an update and that just slipped?

sasukeluffy says:

Read the comments above, it was just a mistake. It still costs 1,50€. Just a mistake dudes. Calm down..

MDak280 says:

Daniel Gary, two things I would really like you to fix! One, when I view someone elses profile, I can view their photos, but I get a blank white page when I swipe to see their followers/following. Two, it's not really a bug but in the feed where it tells the amount of likes and comments, the comments seem to include the description of the picture that the publisher included. Technically, that's not a comment and it kind of annoys me because I'm OCD haha.

Other than that, this app is awesome! Great job, seriously!

Calnor says:

+1 to this.

mprice86 says:

The comment thing is the same on the actual instagram website so I assume it's supposed to be like that and not something he can change.

MDak280 says:

No it's not, the description is separate from the comments on Instagram's website. If you look, the description has a white background. If there are comments, a thin and barely there line separates the description from the comments. The comments are slightly indented and the background is a blueish tint.

At least that's how I see it in the website! Again, it's no big deal but it would be cool if it was changed :)

iyae says:

No. The official instagram counts the caption as 1 comment. It had always done this.

Daylife says:

How do you accept friend request if your profile is private???

Chris Lytro says:

give us the 7.8 edition asap!

Sean Burns1 says:

Nice but why no new filters?? There isn't that many and some are not original Instagram ones :-(

Gorki247 says:

Have you tried updating the filters under the settings menu?

RetroMan71 says:

Also getting some filters tonight according to the new report?!

Ooh, 13 new filters downloaded! Thanks for that!

iyae says:

They aren't new. Same ones. I hope he replaces the last 5. They are tres amateur.

carlosrdd says:

Still can't see comments just goes all black and can't see my friends followers or who they are following and their likes. Other than that everything looks good.

NinjaX says:

Still cant see comments...The part where the comments are supposed to show its there, but its too dark and cant see a thing except tags that are shown in a blueish color, fix please! Lumia 920

Lack the privacy function and control of followers...

scatterman says:

It doesn't go to fake shady review page if you choose "it's okay" anymore, but it does if you choose "hate it". Fake review page is not cool.

If I choose "It's ok", it sents me to a fake feedback page 50% of the time.

scatterman says:

Yup, good call. Same here.

nastybone says:

Still the same issue with Twitter connection

Shoftiel says:

Still can't find friends. I have friends.... I know it! :)

captainqtp says:

Ditto... I bought it and can't find friends :/

riquejohnson says:

So, if I update this, I have to pay for it again?

joelsilva says:

give us 7.8 version. :)

decyther says:

Same here with the comments, black background with dark grey text, nigh on unreadable.. Lumia 620 btw :)

rodneyej says:

This is off subject but who cares..
Anyways.. I was reading somewhere that Nokia sold almost 60 Million feature phones last quarter. That's a huge number! They also mentioned that Nokia was trying to change ALL, I said ALL, of its business to smartphone devices.. So, If MS came out with yet another downsized version of the WP OS, that could run on what would be a very advanced feature phone, then imagine the possibilities.. If Nokia could sell 70million WP devices a quarter that would give WP a very good chance of taking second place from Apple.. Just another off the topic thought of mine.

mprice86 says:

It'll be interesting to see what happens to the app rating when people who weren't desperate for it start posting reviews.

I ended up getting it out of sheer curiosity and, well, it's probably the buggiest WP app I've used. I can understand the developer being keen to get this out there, and obviously he's doing well from it so far; but it could have done with at least another few weeks of testing and bug fixes.

mprice86 says:

Nevermind, deleted and blocked. It just crashed my phone, had to soft reset it.

mprice86 says:

Whole phone locked up with a black screen, but screen still on, if that makes sense. Power button on its own wouldn't turn it off.

Turns out it also buggered my date time settings, had to hard reset to fix that.

iyae says:

Its not the app. Its the phone. That happened to me twice when I was on holiday. Mostly when using "Sophie lens".

Visual360 says:

Huh? buggiest? I seriously not believing you. Whatever.

mprice86 says:

Maybe buggy is the wrong phrase. Unfinished might be another way of putting it. There are some features that straight up don't work.

I've had a few games crash out once or twice, but in the 2 hours I had this on my phone it crashed about 5 times when doing virtually nothing, the registration failed a bunch of times and when it did go through I had to close the app and restart my phone before it would go straight past the register/login screen. That's before the hard lock up and the eventual need for a reset.

I know that people really want to be the best thing ever. But it's not. It's a decent effort, but what it really is, is proof that an official, professional app is what is needed here because some of the problems with this are either sheer laziness or absolute amature hour.

Of course, if it had been free then I would have no complaints, but the fact that it cost money only throws the very obvious issues with the app into even sharper focus.

metsfan421 says:

Still can't find friends... That's a major bug, why not include the fix in the latest update this afternoon???

wolovids says:

So, "Find My Friends" feature is nice (both "My Phone" and "Facebook".) However, I cannot visually relate their display names with their real names. I'd like to make that a feature request, please!

y2bd says:

Did it fix the thing where choosing "Send Feedback" and then choosing "It's OK" or "I Hate It" brings you to a *fake* reviews page?

Sketchy as hell, and such behavior shouldn't be encouraged.

Jean80 says:

It does when you choose I Hate It. Now, I LOVE this app but this is pretty shoddy. Sad.

"It's OK" sent me to the fake feedback page 50% of the time.

"I hate it" sent me to the fake feedback page 100% of the time.

NinjaX says:

I didnt knew that, not cool.

That is super sketchy. Makes me want to submit a bad review on the real reviews page for trying to pull a fast one...

chucky says:

Lol the one who made itsdagram is cheating, can't give a bad review since it sends u to a fake review page smh.

MBaughan says:

I wonder what the differences in coding exist for an app like this between WP8 and 7.x. I have a Lumia 800 and LOVE it, but am missing being on the bleeding edge. Nokia, give me EOS, take my money.

nikoduque says:

yes, now it is awesome!! now i can upload!! aand it has amaing filters!! go itsdagram!

Bruno H says:

Still buggy as hell. Won't add more than three friends no matter what I try!
I paid for this app! Please make it work as advertised!

chrisesdo says:

I don't like the updated UI. I liked it when you were able to see who posted the picture right away. Now that's located below the picture.

TJWINS says:

New layout sucks compared to the previous. I wish I never updated! Name of poster on the bottom looks totally stupid.

muitosabao says:

Yes! Also, the previous thin fonts looked fantastic.

TJWINS says:

Totally agree!!! I'm so disappointed...

cybermoose89 says:

Not into instagram tbh it seems pointless each to there own i suppose

chucky says:

Is it me or the new update made itsdagram kinda slower?

titoyees says:

Ok. First: $1.49 is too much for you? Just DONT BUY IT.
Second: still wp 7.8 without nothing? We are getting frustrated. Instagraph and Winstagram support that...

mprice86 says:

ffs the app has been out like 2 days and it clearly still needs a LOT of development. There's this wonderful human trait called patience, you could give it a go.

Chris Coyle says:

Come on all you 7 and 7.8 users are you going to still be bitching in 6 to 8 months about not getting apps? Time to move on. No your versions are obviously not a priority. You have to make choices if you want the newest sometimes. Its just the way it is.

titoyees says:

Wow! defenitly you have a problem.
We supose to be mad, if that doesnt affect you SHUT UP! We can complain whatever we want!.
Or i can just said to you: MOVE ON Dont complaint about not having Instagram app!!!!
I hate people who do not act what they preach.

RaphaelChaia says:

All bugs here are gone, dont need to change the region format to work properly anymore. Posted 4 or 5 photos alreay in Instagram today via Itsdagram (and Im making sure to tag it in every single one). Great work from the dev!

nblew says:

Still can't view/follow most of my friends: just stays stuck on "loading images", and clicking follow doesn't follow them. Also, I still can't use find friends: just gets stuck on "finding friends...". Pretty much useless to me right now :(

nblew says:

Ok, I found out what it is... If the user has their profile on private, it will say it's loading their pictures, but never actually load them (Because it's private). Then when you select to follow them, the app sends a request to the user that they have to accept, Itsdagram doesn't know how to handle that, so it thinks it's following the user until you go back to their page, and then it says it's not following. Daniel just needs to get the app to realize if a profile is private, and if a request has been sent.
Now as far as the not being able to find your friends, that one I don't know what the problem is. It might have something to do with the profiles being private, but it might not.
Other than that though, this app is truly amazing! Great job to Daniel for being able to do this!

I can't see the comments on the pictures. Only the pictures with few comments am I able to see. When there are too many comments the whole page blacks out. Just the picture, the profile pics, and usernames are seen.

uopjo6 says:

Would be great if we had a tag list.

Henky Foo says:

after the update, a little bit lag and i can't view comment from others picture...
somebody help

pattayo_ib says:

I wish to see updates on the quality of images... Seeing a blurry image on my lumia screen was a bit frustrating... Thx for the update!

gramminc says:

So, newb here.
Have an Ativ S. Love it. In Toronto.
Never used Instagram. But out to support WP8 platform, thought I'd check out Itsdagram.
Downloaded Trial,  hit register, "you must purchase full version first".
So not bothered really, but how do expect someone to try something, if they have to buy it first? (shrugs)

Davmas55 says:

This is the worst piece of shit ever,,,reinstalled twice and still the same,,,wish I had followed the rest of the mindless herd and gotten an iPhone/android,,,fukthis!!!

deloa84 says:

Off you go then with the rest of the herd of sheep. If you can't wait for the platform to develop into what it could potentially be, then don't let the door hit you on the way out...

scgf says:

I can't use it to take or process pics because the filters are so awful. I have taken some lovely pics on the genuine Instagram app on iOS applying the inbuilt filters, but Itsdagram just doesn't get anywhere near.
I am using Apict for my WP8 photography - the filters in this app are better than Itsdagram, but still not as good as Instagram.

iyae says:

Sophie lens has some really damn good filters. Too bad itsdagram can't join forces with them

joelsilva says:

Residing says:

Lol!  Well given all of the bugs that still need to be worked out on the WP8 version, it's actually a good thing that it is not yet available for WP7.5.7.8.

Chris Coyle says:

Its obvious that 7.8 was a joke to Microsoft. Its not a priority for any developer. Time to upgrade.

TJWINS says:

Why did the developer mess with the UI? It was perfect! Ugh!!!

Love this app. The few bugs I have noticed (some others have mentioned)
- Some comments on photos blacked out. Seems to be when there are more than a certain number of comments
- Can't see who friends are following or who is following them the page is just blank.
- App doesn't quite know how to handle Private Accounts (following, showing)
- No way (that I can find) to accept friend request if you have a private account. (you get the notification they want to follow you but know way to accept/decline)

The new UI is attractive to look at as others have said it makes it harder to see who posted the photo.

uopjo6 says:

Gave it a go but still pretty buggy. I know its still early development but this shouldn't be a paid app yet. One of my comments even went to the wrong person.

Currently not letting me upload some pictures hope this will be solved soon, also I've bought the app and it says free :/
I've heard that it was a mistake but I hope I don't have to pay for it again

Jaco Ra says:

7.x release time ?

RaphaelChaia says:

7.x version comes next week.

titoyees says:

Thanks for that!
Where do you know that?

joelsilva says:

How do you know?

Jaco Ra says:

Much appreciated. if this is accurate.

what is your idea about my site???

TMoney47 says:

Been unable to register since you guys announced e app was available. Has anyone actually used the app? The trial is useless since you need to register, but registration is not allowed with the free version. So, I bought the app and now clicking register does nothing.  WTF?

joelsilva says:

Still waiting for 7.X version.

dreamflasher says:

waiting for the 7.8 version !!

Jazmac says:

I hope this version / update finds friends on Facebook. That doesn't seem to be working.