Hulu Plus for Windows Phone 8 gets a minor update, squashes bugs

If you’re out and about this weekend, traveling around, you may want to update that Hulu Plus app for Windows Phone 8. The popular TV streaming site for the US got a teeny update to 1.0.0.1, which you should know by now means some bug fixes and not new features.

So what can you expect in to be fixed? Luckily Hulu detailed it in their changelog:

• Addressed volume consistency issue
  • Various bug fixes and performance improvements

Okay, so that last one is a bit generic but hey, at least if you experienced any problems before, you have them fixed with this update. Head to the Windows Phone Store to grab it now, right here.

QR: Hulu Plus

Comments

hbkzara says:

First..nice update

mr toes says:

Was an article really necessary, its hardly big news for . . . anyone really.

tbonenga says:

For me it was. Hulu, HBOGO and instagram were my only complains about missing apps. I don't show a update on my phone. With this article I was able to follow the link and update.

TonyDedrick says:

Same here in relying on WPC for discovering updates. Its been weeks since I've gotten a notification on my tile

mr toes says:

Ok guys sorry didnt realize, my comment sounded kind of ignorant.

awesumjon says:

Well, I mean actually it wouldn't matter since you get a tile notification to update anyhow, but maybe someone who missed the first article was able to download the app this time.

shiftF says:

Hopefully this fixes the battery drain issue I was having with Hulu Plus! It would make my phone get really hot, and battery would drain like crazy. I had my usb cable plugged in but my phone would still die because it was draining battery faster than I could recharge!
*fingers crossed*

No joke Hulu absolutely destroys my battery while melting the skin off my hand.

ibdRAPHunv says:

No love for the 7.5 peeps? I know it can handle it if it runs Netflix with no problem. Hulu is a nice start, I hope it keeps the apps coming. HBO GO, ShowTime, NBA GameTime, watchespn. Just a few that come to mind that would be awesome on Windows phones. I know Microsoft has the money, so how bout a little investment in where it count, "Enough with the ADDS, and give us the APPS"! i would hate the lack of apps be the reason to go android...

binthham says:

There is supposed to be a Windows Phone 7 app for Hulu soon. Hang in there. :)

RaRa85 says:

I hope you meant 7.8 and not 7.5. Anywho we must accept the reality that it's time for us to upgrade. 925, yes.

Zulfigar says:

Sadly, some people are still on 7.5; I would still be there if it wasn't SevenEighter myself (T-Mobile 710 here).

q21701 says:

Yep. I'm with ya. Stuck on Sprint with no WP8 love in sight. I keep hearing that they are coming, but I'll believe it when I see it.

RaRa85 says:

Actually I would still be there too if it wasn't for the CAB installer method and some looking around for a fix to a Titan specific error code.

ibdRAPHunv says:

I want to go 8.0 but with no apps in sight, might have to go android... Don't want to get locked down for another two years. Don't get me wrong im the biggest windows guy ever, but im also a rationalist, and if the goods ain't there why stick around.

RaRa85 says:

Yeah I understand. First thing, get off Sprint.lol But what apps would you say are missing? We now have a solid third party Instagram app. Hulu Plus added. Only ones missing in my book are WatchESPN and HBOGo. Maybe a few others but nothing important. Sadly though Nokia lies in bed with AT&T while the rest of us are forced to wait and then get different versions of the same phone essentially creating a "mine is better than yours" war on the same platform.(I've read the comments when the 928 and 925 were introduced) And I'm willing to bet the rumored EOS 41 megapixel will be another carrier exclusive. HTC and Samsung are no shows. But through it all I have hope that Microsoft will continue forward.

ibdRAPHunv says:

Watchespn, HBOgo, ShowTime, NBA gametime... If these come out sometime soon, they might make me stay, now that hulu is here. (fingers crossed). That galaxy s 4 I'd looking mighty tempting...

mab664 says:

Did it fix the volume for commercials being much louder than for the show? Isn't that supposed to be illegal now.

TechAbstract says:

Hulu Plus has no How I Met Your Mother and Big Bang Theory on WP8 , then there are so much ads. I am right at the fence and about to jump to Netflix.

tbonenga says:

Hulu and Netflix are totally different. Hulu new next day tv shows weak movie selection. Netflix tons of movies and older TV shows.

TonyDedrick says:

While Netflix does have How I Met Your Mother, it doesn't have all the seasons. It also doesn't have Big Bang Theory at all. I think in general, Hulu Plus lacks any CBS content

I was looking got Modern Family I could only find season 4 full episodes.. Anyone know about 1-3?

tendoboy1984 says:

Will they fix the low audio issue? I had my phone turned way up and Hulu Plus was still quiet.