Itsdagram for Windows Phone 8 Instagram

Itsdagram, the first fully featured Instagram client for Windows Phone 8, is now available!

Instagram, unofficially, has finally come to Windows Phone 8

It’s been a while in the making, but Itsdagram, a fully functional Instagram client, is now ready to be purchased (with a free trial, of course).

The app goes for $1.49 and is currently for Windows Phone 8 only (Windows Phone 7.x will come later). A free, ad supported version is due later next week but for now, you can try out and use version 1.1 of Itsdagram, which will allow you to upload photos directly to Instagram as well as create an account and view your friends’ photos.

Itsdagram Screens

From the app description:

"The only fully featured Instagram client on the market.  Register, upload, comment, like, follow, find your facebook friends;  All from Itsdagram!

What would an Instagram app be without filters!?  Itsdagram filters can be updated daily without the need to update the app.  You will never know when you've got a brand new filter waiting for you!"

• Double tap to like
  • Tap and hold to swap between Timeline view and Grid view.
  • See photos you've liked and have been tagged in on your profile page
  • Change your profile picture and password there too!
  • Pin your favorite hashtags and users to your homescreen to keep track of them.
  • Free Trial will allow users that already have an account to upload 1 image to test.  All other features are completely enabled.  Commenting, Liking, Following, etc...
  • Registering a new account with Instagram requires the full version of Itsdagram.

We’ve been very happy with Daniel Gary’s progress on this project over the last few weeks and we think you’d be silly to not at least give it a go. Let us know in comments what you think!

Update: There’s a problem with some European cultures that use commas instead of decimals (ie $1,49 instead of $1.49).  It will be fixed in an update early next week.

Download Itsdagram for Windows Phone 8 here in the Store.

QR: Itsdagram

Comments

andinsane says:

crashing by uploading pics, waste of money :/

Gurggles says:

C&D will be sent in T-minus 1 week...please don't let instagram shut this down, the forums couldn't handle it!

parthp90 says:

Can't seem to add any friends from Facebook, anyone else have this issue?

Spillo92 says:

It doesn't work... Crash when cropping

Auric Jarrel says:

It never crossed my mind to create an instagram account but I'm downloading anyway. Gotta support developers who actually put effort into Windows Phone. Hopefully this sends a clear message to Instagrams developers.

vigil600 says:

It won't let me get pass the register screen!!!! Anyone else have this problem?

AaronP105 says:

Yep. :( Paid for it to create an account and it just says "Creating account...." and then stops.
Edit: Seems to work fine though using a .com email address instead of .co.uk.

jparreira says:

Same here. Tried with different e-mails but still stucked on the register screen.

My friends with WP7.8 can't wait

titoyees says:

lets do something, they doesnt hear us!

RaphaelChaia says:

App crashes when cropping. Lumia 920 here.

giobooo says:

Same Here on Lumia 820

shadyrudy says:

I cannot select a picture from my camera roll. The app just displays a blank screen instead of the cropping screen. When I hit back to try another picture, the app crashes. Glad I only got the trial.

agm353 says:

No double wide tile? Whaaat? Other than that, I LOVE Itsdagram!

Aleksi says:

Bought it just to support the devs. The app itself is not problem free. Maybe they'll update it soon. At least adding friends is all around buggy.

cannon#WP says:

My body is ready for the 7.x version.

AnthoU says:

This is app is honestly great, there are few WP8 apps that I can call that. Good Job to the devs

carl barrett says:

I can find it to down load?

Micah Dawson says:

I don't think a C & D would come...instagram may surprise us and actually try to reach out to the developer to better the official app :)

When is it coming for Windows 7.x...!!!!

Ignotum666 says:

Now is mine.... preciooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuusssssssssss!!!!

Ian Onilla says:

I don't care for instagram. But I bought itsdagram no hesitation, and made an instagram account. Thanks Daniel Gary for the awesome app.

rubenbest says:

My notifications not comin in....anyone else. Or its it timed notifications

Illumiroom says:

Thank you, great job, bought the app!

Visual360 says:

Wow, I must say I'm very impressed. Not to diss the Instagraph (I bought it too), but this one is 10000% better.

dtr230 says:

No love for my Motorola StarTAC? Figures...

NinjaX says:

Just purchased the App to support the dev and the platform, not really an instagram fan, but I gotta admit Ive used both instagrams, android and ios, and this is by far the better looking, just need to add some more filters and Im sure instagram users will be happy as hell.

danielgary says:

Hahaha, I laughed at this.

RaphaelChaia says:

Daniel, do you know anything about this problem that makes Itsdagram crash when cropping photos, that some users (me included) are suffering?

Pro_b0 says:

Same here :(

Ibsgaard says:

Try setting your region to United States

RaphaelChaia says:

Didnt work, but thanks anyway.

Alex Dean says:

Do we reckon we could get the dev talking to Liquid Daffodil and get this integrated into Unification? Two devs that are pushing the boat out for WP coming together would be great for the platform.

Montpbm says:

I don't use Instagram much, but I really love this app and will get it!

JRich442 says:

I still don't understand the point of instagram.

bilal soomro says:

We cant use without buying the full version.

WinnerByRNC says:

Have never used this service or application, but bought it in support of the Dev and for WP. It's $1.50!!!  This app seems to be a big deal to many people and because of that and because i want WP to succeed i bought it...and who knows i may actually register and like it one day.

MSkulker says:

My followers/following aren't showing anything.  Anyone else seeing the same?  Also, there doesn't appear to be a way to set Private/Public.  Or am I just missing it?

NinjaX says:

Couple bugs Ive found so far.
(1) It wont find my Phone Or Facebook friends.
(2) Cant see my friends list of followers nor who they are following.

lasana365 says:

A couple of bugs but a good start.

chuey101 says:

I've never used insta in my life but I bought this app. Quality work.

Ignotum666 says:

I can't upload picture!

aakyel says:

Crashed when trying to upload photo

Big Supes says:

Bought it straight away and haven't looked back. Top app. Kudos to the developer.

Johnny Lam says:

Solid work, no issues here with Lumia 920, Kudos to the developer

KKRLessey says:

Awesome! Follow me KKRLessey on twitter and kkrlessey on Instagram

Ratman826 says:

I see no ads in the free version

kinchy1984 says:

No Ads...Its actually nice to use, be nice to see a few more filters but im sure theyll come in time.

TonyDedrick says:

Great app. I had the pleasure of downloading it after it was mistakenly published previously. Its pretty much everything you would want in a Instagram client. While I won't get dramatic and suggest Instagram should shove an official app, they are gonna have to step their game up in designing an app as nice as this one.

Montpbm says:

Follow me on Instagram: Montpbm, and Twitter: @Montpbm. I'll follow back!

iamaquab says:

Love that I bought a third party devs hard fought work with with free money (Bing Rewards) from the Second Party completely leaving the first party out of the loop. Thanks guys the free market RUUULLLESSS!!

Joseph Kazan says:

If somebody wants to follow me, i dont know how to allow them to. Any help would be appreciated.

gerson72 says:

Do you need to logon with Instagram account or create an itsdagram account?

Tafsern says:

You logon with an existing account or a new one..

nikoduque says:

it is awesome, but it crashes when i try to upload a picture :/ can anyone help me?

Tafsern says:

Doesn't happen here.. L920.

nikoduque says:

i also have an L920... oh well, just wait for an actualization!

Tafsern says:

It works amazing!!!

Ultimateone says:

works fine for me except the Facebook finding friends issues

Awesome job!

Ultimateone says:

Also when you look at your Friends following or follower, you see nothing.

Catlasers says:

Awesome!!! I cant be the only one who desires a metro style icon, though ... Right?

Sorry folks.. the app is awsome, but... it is crashing when try to publish any picture. Using Lumia 920. THERE IS a serious bug.

RaphaelChaia says:

Ive tried to reinstall the app but it keeps crashing every tme I try to upload a picture. Getting really frustrated :(

Jellew says:

I have the same issue on my 920, when i "crop" on a new picture the app crashes... I love the design of the app and it sooo smooth to use.
But right now it's useless, because I can't upload pictures. Well i still have Instagraph, so will have to use that until a fix is comming

Ibsgaard says:

Set your region to United States

driftzorz says:

My only issue is I feel as though the picstures arent showing in as high of a res as they could be in my home page of the app. Seems like they are kinda blurred?? Anybody else feel this way? Love the app nonetheless and excited to have instagram on my Lumia 928 because I was dreading not having it switching from my iphone 5 this morning.

lpforthewin says:

The dev noted this up above and said a fix is coming next week, it's a v1 issue :)

treetownal says:

Nice work on this app.

It sucks that I bought Instagraph. Worthless shit. What would suck even more is that if I bought this app (that really seems awesome) is that an official (free) app is hopefully not that far away!

Either way you're helping developers and that's always a positive! ;)

sholokov says:

The issue with $1,49 will charge $149?

Ultimateone says:

Haven't had a crash yet?

paulxxwall says:

Although awesome for alot I wonder if its enough for others to join wp who love instagram I'll try it out with sum friends and get there response .....my friends on IOS and android call it generic I know of at least 10 friends on other os that love instagram and think its funny how all we have are knock offs I hope it doesn't stay this way

12Danny123 says:

Follow me :-). @SuDanny123 on twitter and 12Danny123 on Instagram :-)

I've thought having the name Danny would be cool, like Danny Woodhead or something lol.

RetroMan71 says:

New to this, looks great! But when i click on people to look at their photies, it just hangs on saying "Loading..."

RetroMan71 says:

Also.. Cant connect to my Facebook!

Rich Clausen says:

Go to settings and one of the options is to connect to Facebook.

ok perfect guys. buy this amazing app.

tcprodigy04 says:

Really enjoying the app. havent even uploaded a pic yet. just the interface and functions, especially the holding down to see a grid of the timeline, make browsing much easier.
Wish you couldve saved pics like the other clients out there, but then again the official app doesnt allow that on the other platforms.
Also took a year to post a comment of mine. not sure if it's just my data connection but everything other than posting worked fine

Heavy Rain says:

The comments for the Popular photos are unreadable. And it would be nice to have the profile page look like the iPhone app.

PBLNS says:

Not really an Instagram fan... like some pictures but I'll buy this just tu f*ck instagram x)

bhinesley says:

That's what I was thinking also!

Nail Noual says:

I got some issues to find my facebook friends, anyone who got the same problem ?

kingkoopa09 says:

Mines keeps hanging won't find anyone

Thank you very much! I use Fantasia painter, LyPhotoStudio, SuperPhoto and now itsdagram. Happy )

RedGrimmRose says:

Just bought the app for my Lumia920 but it ends up in a never ending loop when I try to upload. Very frustrating.

bhinesley says:

Downloaded, bought, created account, added friends, browsed photos, and I have to admit it works. But speaking as a semi-professional photographer, most of the photos are on here total crap. I guess I'm not sure what the big deal is?

It makes the 'average' user feel like an amateur photographer? I don't know, just guessing.

kingkoopa09 says:

No its all social half the pics posted are quotes or repost from funnypics, its just like uploading to Facebook and commenting on the photos

jawss says:

Beautiful app! Tagging please ^_^ support for multiple accounts maybe?

erichon99 says:

Love the app but don't get the hype of Instagram???? photoplay or fhotoroom is a much better experience

I'm having a couple of pretty serious problems with the app, functionality-wise. Is there anywhere that we can report bugs within the app?

MandyB343 says:

Any idea how to accept followers?  I haven't had access to my Instagram since I got my Windows phone in January...I have a whole list of followers and there is no "accept" button as far as I can see.  Any advice?

Ultimateone says:

They are following you already unless you have your profile locked for accepting friends

DaddyLikey says:

It's pretty good so far, but there are a lot of bugs for sure. Also it doesn't allow you to edit your privacy settings.

polychromenz says:

Bought a copy to help support devs, have no interest in using it. Sign up process struggled with finding friends but otherwise all good

Chill510 says:

This is a very complete and nice app...i like the competition that's heating between these developers. I actually prefer the Metrogram unique layout...but its buggy now and now as features packed as this app. Although the dev for Metrogram is currently rebuilding the app from the ground up and merging with Instagraph. I'm interested to see what the re-built app looks and acts like.

pattayo_ib says:

Awesomely awesome! OMG thanks so much!

is there anyway to go back to the top in a single click O.o from the home section

faiz4 says:

Very nice apps. Just I can't see my friends' follower/following.

HM02 says:

So far, so good. I'm loving how fluid and responsive it is. I can see comments perfectly, like things, follow etc. I haven't had the chance to upload anything yet cus I already uploaded a pic earlier and I don't want to upload tons of things all the time. I usually upload something maybe a few times a week.
I think it would be nice if you could implement some things that WPGram offers. Like, the ability to save, pan & zoom and have a favorites tab, where you can see your favorite users and tags. That would be great.

pattayo_ib says:

Owh no, what should i do? Stuck at uploading... Hmm. Frustrated.

Davmas55 says:

Definitely not getting the awesomeness,,,locks up when finding friends and goes to white screen after Facebook login,, obviously released prematurely!

Jaco Ra says:

Will the free version release before the 7.x version? And if so is 7.x coming this month or next month? Hopefully I get the 520 for my birthday on the 19th so I won't even have to worry. Amazing job from what I see

pattayo_ib says:

I noticed that the stuck-uploading happens when i checked the *share to twitter* box... Hmmm. Can upload when unchecked... Why?

t3chnick says:

Fan fuckin tastic! Bought it and no issues so far, good work Daniel

sym1a1a says:

Ok, bought it to show support for the dev, never used instagram before, created a account, logged in, now..... Please someone tell me exactly what is this app all about??? What exactly do you all do??? Just post pics?? Look at pics?? During set up it asked to search to search my phone contacts, I clicked ok and then it returned people with the first name of people in my contacts but NOBODY that's actually in my contacts, weird, and weirdest of all within two min of creating an account my email was flooded with spam, 3 emails about working at home making big money, 2 about car loans , 1 about buying flowers and 1 that I have no clue what it is, it was just a link with no description of what it was, it seems that by creating an account my email address was sold for marketing purposes. Coincides maybe, but highly doubtful, hope all you people who were screaming for instagram are happy now. To the dev, great looking app, runs smooth, now I just got to figure out just what the hell to do with it LOL

titoyees says:

WP7.x USERS WANTS TO KNOW WHEN. WHEN WHEN WHEN.

Or lets try winstagram

Jaco Ra says:

+1 not an exact date but.. May, June? Before the free version releases?

brianmakris says:

Pure awesomeness I downloaded immediately. I don't think I would even bother with an official app this is way better.

t3chnick says:

I can't see comments on pics for some reason, looks like its black text with black background. Anyone else?

Pro_b0 says:

Useless app at the moment. Crashes everytime one tries to upload a photo on the Lumia 920

MandyB343 says:

Amazing to finally have Instagram back!!! Suffering from some of the same bugs as everyone else...can't search for friends and people's pictures sometimes won't load...but we all know updates will be on the way. Awesome job, and thank you!!!!!!!

Henky Foo says:

MY MONEY WAS TAKEN

For those who haven't figure out already, the app may crash on upload if the "Regional format" is not set to United States (English).

The developer is already aware of this bug.

yukishakura says:

Nooo my region is not US.. I hope it gets fixed soon. By the way, did you mean language? Because "United States (English)" is the Language, Region is only "United States". Because if it's only language its fine by me, I used United States (English).

Like I said, the developer is aware of this.

pattayo_ib says:

I have changed the regional format to US English but nothing seems to change. Still cant upload... *cross fingers and for updates!*

RaphaelChaia says:

Did that and it really stopped crashing, but now Im having upload issues - the app gets stucked in the "uploading" message.

BTW great work with the filters, they are really nice.

yukishakura says:

Thank you for creating this danielgary! Definetely will buy it! Yeah, I agree with Shifla that you should redesign your logo because well.. it looks bad and needs more polishing.. With that you'll atract more downloaders! And also change the live tile color to accent color. And Fadelakin's idea to work together with Lomogram for filter is awesome too, Lomogram does have the best filters ever. Even my friend who had iPhone was jealous. But the rest is awesome ^^. I'll be waiting  for your next update :).

I just have 1 filter (Pure) on Lumia 920???! And twitter connect is not working

Staasy says:

Same here. I have re-installed the app three times, but I still have no filters, except for "Pure". I also have Lumia920.

Hello there, ever since I installed Itsdagram I seem to be experiencing a battery leak, anyone else?

lucabiax says:

I'm having the same problem on my HTC 8X

pattayo_ib says:

I dunno what's going on, I can't seem to upload again. I did once, I thought it caused by sharing it with twitter that I can't. But now, after I try again, still can't go thru... Hmmm sooo frustrating... Any help???

How do I add my facebook friends? it doesn't seem to find any, just searching on & on...

Can someone explain Instagram to me? What exactly is it? I honestly have no clue. A little explanation would be great that way I can be excited about the app as well...

How do accept friend requests?

JCastillo1 says:

After trying out both Metrogram and WPGram (the latter of which I bought before I knew you can't upload photos unfortunately), I prefer Itsdagram by far. I haven't yet tried Instagraph but being that I have all the basic Instagram functionality with this app I doubt I will spend the $0.99 to try it

MarkCwee says:

Isn't that cute? :) :) :)

BUT IT'S WROOONG! CRASH EVERY F*KIN TIME AFTER CROPPING THE PHOTO!!! HTC8X

RaphaelChaia says:

Set region firmat to United States (English).

lantern20 says:

Itsdagram works great!  Thanks to the dev.  Once in a while I get hanging on an upload.  I just back out and redo it.

Cliffisen says:

I have problem with accepting a followrequest`(i have a privat account). I cant seem to find where i accept it...
Anyone have any ideas?

naullsy says:

Wont let me register an account on my lumia 920 in the uk. Just says creating account then nothing.. Anyone else got this problem?

TKhaldi says:

Microsoft and Nokia should be paying the guy behind this app. It is the singlemost important app in the Store as of now.

igorpaes says:

The app closes everytime I post a picture :(

gerson72 says:

For those who have problems with upload pictures: Change Regional Format to US (English). It Works ;)

SuperfantasticBubblePlastic!!!! This app is the Bomb!!!

joshuaj11 says:

Awesome app.. Everything works great so far .. Love the fluidity of it and looks nice .. Able to post on instagram and Facebook... Big plus.. Not getting notifications though? Anyone else have issues with notifications?

neogodless says:

Bought it to support an excellent developer. DG - let us know when you make a BILLION DOLLARS, k? :-)

neogodless says:

By the way, no crashes with registering, finding phone contacts and uploading here on my Lumia 920, but there was a weird flow. After pressing "next" and getting asked to find contacts, selecting them and adding them, it took me back to that "registration" screen. So I pressed "next" again... not sure what else to do, and it asked me about finding contacts again, and this time I hit cancel, and the app closed. (Not sure if it crashed or just backed out of the app.).
After that, I had no issue reopening, viewing feeds and uploading a photo.

neogodless says:

Too many features. :-) 1.0 release.
Daniel - what is the best way to submit bug reports to you?
On a photo that I posted, if I click on it, I see a friend's photo instead. And if I click my username, I go to her profile instead, too. I uploaded a profile photo, and it showed up when I did that, but it's not showing up next to my username.

neogodless says:

Was able to go back and get profile to work, and was also able to get to my feed and my photo at this point. Still a bug in there somewhere, but enough app closing and reopening got me on course.
I'm also seeing, under Followers, one friend listed twice.

neogodless says:

On my "Following" page, if I click on a user and then press Back, I can't click their name again. I have to click someone else, then back, and then their name again.

Can someone please explain Instagram to me and why should I use it? I have missed the bus completely on it and have no clue at all about it.

neogodless says:

You can share photos with friends or the world, and you can tweak them with filters to express your creativity. It's not for everyone - if you prefer to stick to sharing photos on Facebook with your existing contacts, then there's probably no reason for you to use this. Personally, I don't use Facebook, and I use Twitter to share what I consider useful, relevant, educational links to content, so I wouldn't want to bother those followers with photos, but sometimes I take a photo I think is neat, and I just want to spam the world with it, where no one will care.

Thanks! I can share them on FBook thouigh if I want to though correct? I don't use twitter...however I do have apps with filters and such that are free that can do the same thing. It's basically Photography Social Media?

neogodless says:

Yes, currently this app supports sharing to Facebook and Twitter.
You got it! Kind of like Flickr was but it focused on mobile, forced everyone to crop to square and added those filters. People went crazy for it :-)

Graven Pshya says:

Works well on the 920. Just bought it, so support to you Daniel Gary!

thelankygeek says:

Anyone else having problems with the app crashing out to the home screen? While trying to upload or do anything with pictures? The app crashes for me everytime.

typelt2k says:

Thanks to the developer I can truly showcase my creative studio,fantasia paintings and thumba creations thank you so very much for your dedication but I found a few bugs I'm using a nokia lumia 920 on att
1. Pics in timeline are dark and blurry( I have brightness set to high)
2.cant see the  people friends are following or who follows them
3. A few more filters are needed

thank you for this app!!

Not letting me upload pictures after about 7 uploads. The experience has been great so far

ColleenYoga says:

Bought the app to support dev...but it's useless. Can't find friends via search, unloading from FB not working. Don't understand why, with so much positive feedback from others, I'm having so much trouble.

RetroMan71 says:

How do you change your account photo?

RetroMan71 says:

Also.. Activity page shows nothing??? I know its only just been released, but Considering all the fuss, im not that impressed

neogodless says:

Activity is "people following you" (and I assume getting likes/comments/tags) but does not include "photo activity." Go to your Me page to see your photos, or the main "Home" to see photos from those you follow (plus yours).

neogodless says:

I hit a bug where adding your profile photo during initial profile set up did not stick, but later, you can click the Me icon in the footer menu. Tap your profile photo there, and it opens up your photos. Doing that worked - it "stuck."

RetroMan71 says:

Mmm! I don't see a Me icon! Is that the icon that starts as a silhouette? If so i cant add a photo into it...

metsfan421 says:

BUG: stays stuck searching when finding friends and hasn't found any either in my phone or Facebook. What's the problem?

Please make it available for 7.x soon. I dont intent to buy a new lumia soon since the 920 has been out for a bit and im sure something better is on the way for att so im forced to wait.

B_RAD89 says:

Purchased the app, tried to register many times but it didnt work. So I uninstalled and tried to reinstall but when i went back to the store it just said try or buy. So how do i contact the developers to get my money back? or at least access to the app again?

Rich Clausen says:

Buy it again. When it comes to the point where you confirm the purchase the Store will say you already own it and you can then tap download. You won't be charged.

Jazmac says:

Did I miss something. Mine now says Instagram Free. I paid for this app but somehow I got a free version? What I miss?

TMavC5 says:

Bought it. So far flawless...... THANK YOU THANK YOU!

fredie12 says:

After all the HYPE about instagram i must say i'm a little underwhelmed and disappointed.
don't get me wrong after using the app a while it's a very good app it's the instagram format i find disappointing!

when for windows 7.8?

Nursedad says:

Purchased, but it won't let me register a new account. Lumia 928. Help!

nairnmonster says:

The # button doesn't seem to work, I can use the @. Anyone else get this?

Pages