Grab coupons for Indian online stores with the Couponraja app

General Accessories

Bought a Lumia 630 in India? You can also get a discount on Nokia Coloud headphones!

One Love to rule all your social networks on Windows Phone

Boxcryptor comes to Windows Phone and Windows 8, allows you to encrypt all data you send to the cloud

Nextgen Reader updated for Windows 8, adds new Feedly Pro features and more

Windows 8 Apps+Games

Top Reddit apps for Windows 8, the narwhal bacons at midnight

Games

Microsoft unleashes a collection of awesome Xbox deals for the end of March

NCAA March Madness Live advances our Windows Phones to the Sweet 16

Check out SyFy Now, Telemundo Now and USA Now in the Windows Store

Windows 8 Apps+Games

These are the best weather apps for Windows 8 right now

Windows Phones

Deal Alert: T-Mobile Nokia Lumia and iLuv portable speaker case for $240

From the Forums

Everybody loves a great app deal; get yours from our forums

MetroMail launches for Windows 8.1, brings native Gmail support in a Modern design

Windows 8 Apps+Games

Check out Tweetium, the best Twitter app available on Windows 8

Windows 8 Apps+Games

Tapatalk now available for Windows 8, but only on ARM devices

Windows Phones

Deal Alert: T-Mobile US Nokia Lumia 925, accessories for $230

< >

Stay on top of the latest deals and loyalty programs with FidMe for Windows 8

FidMe Windows 8

FidMe is a popular Windows Phone app that enables consumers to login and utilise their FidMe accounts while on the move. From cards to deals and coupons, the service is a great tool for those who enjoy taking advantage of the best deals and loyalty programs. The team behind the Windows Phone app has now released an identical app for Microsoft's latest desktop operating system, Windows 8.

Anyone with a Windows 8 device will be able to download and enjoy FidMe, which sports an impressive feature list. Much like the Windows Phone counterpart, we're looking at support for more than 4,000 loyalty programs in 100 markets, with the ability for users to reportedly discover stamp cards for tens of thousands of small businesses. It's fairly extensive and new accounts can be created within the app, so fear not if you've never used the service before.

FidMe Win 8

Owners of the Windows app will also be able to consult FidMe point balance and view the account history. This is combined with synchronising connected cards, coupons and offers directly to the device (whether it be Windows 8 or Windows Phone). When using the app, the latest news and top deals are available and Facebook and Twitter intergration is available for those social types.

The best part about the service is there are no advertisements presented to users. The apps automatically synchronise with the cloud, thanks to the connected FidMe accounts. The Windows 8 app is available in English, French and Spanish. There are numerous services available that cover Microsoft's platforms, including the likes of Groupon, but it's always down to personal preference and we're sure many will enjoy FidMe.

To wrap up, the interface is aesthetically pleasing, with the app taking full advantage of GPS location services and offers an interactive map. You can download FidMe from the Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 Stores (both are free).

Comments

WavingReds says:

I love the synconizity between my phone and computer <3

What does this have in common with groupon? Does groupon support loyalty cards? Isn't groupon more of an online savings while fid me is for brick and mortar?

endacrowley says:

The app on Windows Phone is buggy as hell. Can't search for a store to check if its loyalty card is covered...

FidMeNews says:

Hello, could you please tell us what is your device, which OS version it's running, and most important when and where the app crashes (even if often), because we had to manage a lot of updates and patch from WP so we may need extra info to patch and correct your version (here or via support@fidme.com) please ? Thanks a lot for your feedback

endacrowley says:

No problem. My phone is the Nokia Lumia 920, running OS version 8.0.10211.204.
The app would say there was an error when trying to search a store (Boots), would say that there was no connection (I was connected to home WIFI), would say GPS is not activated (I went into the settings a few times and changed this). I lost patience as with previous times months ago and uninstalled the app.
Thank you for reaching out.

FidMeNews says:

Ok thanks a lot for this info, I create a ticket on it and will be back as soon as possible with answers ! I have myself a Lumia 920 and no such bug, I'll check the version. Cheers.

kalte says:

In my case it works perfectly on both my lumia 920 and wife htc. I ll try the w8 app right away !!  Ty !

erzhik says:

Lowest commented news post on WP?

krafty11 says:

If the app would scan properly this would be an interesting article

FidMeNews says:

Hello, could you please tell us what is your device, which WP version it's running (here or via support@fidme.com) please ? Thanks a lot for your feedback

FidMeNews says:

Hello, yes you are right, we are working on a new release with a better barcode recognition library to make the card scan to work better. Thanks for your feedback.

BKsInBarre says:

Can't use the stored barcodes at the store. Tried this at three stores and nothing...deleted :-(. I wanted this to work so badly.

FidMeNews says:

Hello, well sadly most of retailer still dont have latest scanner to allow mobile screen to be scanned. Hopefuly like in europe they are upgrading them pretty fast and we will soon be able to use our smarpthones as cards in major shops. At the moment, in the stores where you have choice, you can ask to be scanned with the "gun like hand scanner" which is most of the time a recent one and compatible. Meanwhile, for the shops without compatible scanner, customers showing their cards on their smartphones will push retailers to upgrade their hardware. In Europe it's moving really fast, in 2 years lots of chains moved in that way. And we do hope it will move even faster with all the mobile wallets (FidMe is directly connected to Microsoft Wallet)

thelimkid says:

This app is terrible. Crashes everytime I want to scan a card. It hasn't been updated in ages. But then again its the most updated app in its category. Actually all these loyalty card apps suck in WP. If anyone can recommend a decent one for me that'd be great!

Try Loyalty Cards, it's a free app I created.

Camaroon says:

Pino, I tried your app a little while back but to be honest it wasn't very usable.  I noticed you just released an update yesterday.  How's it coming a long?  Does scanning work better now?  I've been dying for a good loyalty card app so if this works I'll definitely use it!

Hi Camaroon,
I updated my app about a month ago adding an improved scanning engine. The best results are obtained by holding the barcode firmly and avoiding shadows. Now the app has autofocus (about 8 cm) but it depends on your camera. Anyway, the last week updated fixes minor bugs, adds new languages and camera lens (WP8 only). Please try it and don't hesitate to send me a feedback through the app.

Camaroon says:

Will give it a shot, thanks for the reply!

FidMeNews says:

Hello, could you please tell us what is your device, which OS version it's running, and most important when and where the app crashes (even if often), because we had to manage a lot of updates and patch from WP so we may need extra info to patch and correct your version (here or via support@fidme.com) please ? Thanks a lot for your feedback

FidMeNews says:

FidMeNews says:

Hello !

First of all a huge thanks to WPCentral from the team for this review about FidMe new app !
We understand that there may have still issues on specific devices, but we assure you that we work 24/7 on it to fix them !

As you see we have a tough job to keep fidme 100% free and with no ad at all (for the users and for the shops too!). Besides we developed the app on every platform, every OS and focused on allowing everyone whatever the smartphone he has to be able to use FidMe.
This represent like 800 devices with a lot of specific technical specs, etc...

So if you have issues, bug, or comment, please let us know we answer to every incoming mail specificaly (support@fidme.com).
Thanks again for your help and support, and we are proud to have more than 2.000.000 monthly users now growing really fast !
The FidMe Team.

Camaroon says:

After reading the article and most of the comments, I'm happy to see that FidMe is taking the time to respond to our comments.  I've had this app installed since back when I had WP7.5 but it has never scanned right.  Usually it would scan the first card after the initial install but none after that.  I appreciated the support to the WP platform and the fact that it was the only one to integrate with the wallet in WP8, but for me it's unusable until the scanner works.  I hold onto it waiting for future updates because at this point it really is the only viable loyalty card app on the platform.  Hopefully we'll see that update you referenced in a comment above fairly soon!

FidMeNews says:

Hello Camaroon, first thanks for your comment ! Well, as you should understand it's a pretty tough job to try to keep an app flawless on every platform and make evolution and new features on new OS (evenmore when the app is free ;p). But we are strong WP believers and try to make the app with the best UX we can.
So as mentionned, i will create a ticket and come back to you asap.

BTW, have you tried in the meantime to unsintall and resintall the app ? We had a lot of issue solved that way, due to the fact that the app had many updates server sides and inapp.

Talk to you soon, and thanks for your patience !
FidMe Team

Camaroon says:

Oh I completely understand the scope of having to code for all different platforms and keep everything updated.  Like I said, I appreciate the fact that you guys recognize WP as a viable platform and I really do want to continue to support you.  I haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling, at least I can't remember doing so.  I'll give that a shot and see if it works.  Thanks for the reply!

jjfergie says:

On my 8X it was pretty flawless.  Granted I don't have that many cards, but at the shops I do frequent they all seem to know that they need to use the gun.  Only one have I had a problem with.  Walgreens.  They must be using some strange barcode.  Fidme simply will NOT read it.  And if I use the numbers, the barcode it generates won't work in the store.  HAven't had a chance to try the app on my new 928, but I don't expect any problems.