T-Mobile launches new family-focused plan

From the Forums

What made you buy Windows Phone in the first place?

Microsoft 'betrayed' Finland, says Finnish finance minister of layoffs

New Treasure Tag app update ditches the 'Nokia' brand

Unlocked Nokia Lumia 1020 now available from the Microsoft Store, supports LTE on T-Mobile

Windows Phones

Lumia 635 now available for purchase on T-Mobile's site

More evidence emerges of Nokia Lumia 2520 on T-Mobile

From the Forums

Do you really use the Windows Phone 8.1 Notification Center?

Windows Phones

Home Shopping Network website takes pre-orders for T-Mobile Lumia 635

FTC claims T-Mobile charged customers millions for bogus SMS subscription fees [Updated]

T-Mobile and MetroPCS announce Lumia 635 with Windows Phone 8.1 for July with pricing

New Nokia MixRadio update ditches the 'Nokia' brand

T-Mobile hits mid-year LTE expansion goal

Windows Phones

Lumia 930 pre-orders begin in Norway Wednesday for July 10 launch

Windows Phones

Microsoft Store US site pulls pre-order listings for Nokia Lumia 635

Nokia Imaging SDK 1.2 released, Lumia SensorCore SDK out of private beta

Windows Phones

Xbox Music a top contender for T-Mobile's Music Freedom

Accessing T-Mobile's LTE Network using an unlocked Lumia 900

Nokia Lumia 900

If you've made the switch from AT&T to T-Mobile with your Windows Phone and are having trouble access T-Mobile's LTE Network take a look at your APN settings.

Windows Phone Central member MikeSo made the switch with his Nokia Lumia 900 and had trouble accessing the LTE network. He could see the network, just not connect to it.

Apparently the Lumia 900 wasn't set up for T-Mobile's LTE and the solution was to add an APN with the address fast.t-mobile.com in the Windows Phone Settings. After doing so LTE worked like a charm.

It's a fairly easy fix if you're Windows Phone is seeing T-Mobile's LTE network but won't connect. You can find the full forums discussion on the T-Mobile LTE settings here in the Windows Phone Central Forums.

Thanks, gp0777, for the tip!

Comments

BK-one says:

Great info. Thank you guys.

erzhik says:

I assume it only works on international Lumia versions?

Miistercoool says:

No...the article just said if you've made the switch from AT&T...so why would it work only on international Lumia phones?

erzhik says:

I believe AT&T version doesn't have T-Mob's LTE bands.

Incorrect: AT&T has a small segment of Band 4 in some of their markets, so the 900 supports it.

Bottom line: Any AT&T LTE phone, if unlocked, will work with T-Mobile's LTE network.

dexi says:

Nope, it works also on AT&T unlocked cellphone. I have one, so I can say so.

duk3togo says:

Not working for me, it just says edge which is 2g ugh!! About to sell it to grab a 925. Sucks because mine is yellow.

Miistercoool says:

I'm about to switch to T-mobile and try this...while I wait for the 925 to come out!! But I have an 820 from AT&T...

peterfares says:

It will work if there is LTE in your market. ALL AT&T LTE phones support LTE bands 4 and 17. T-Mobile uses just LTE band 4.
The AT&T 820 will only get 3G in refarmed markets.
The AT&T 920 will also only get 3G in refarmed markets unless you flash its ROM with a different one, which will enable pentaband 3G and allow you to connect to 100% of T-Mobile's network.

RyanWPowers says:

Now if somebody could figure out how to get our 810's to run on the T-mobile LTE network.. (rolls eyes)

MSFTisMIA says:

Is that before or after we figure out how to get the firmware on it for the Storage Check option?

RyanWPowers says:

Oooo! Good point! Im officially out of space because my "other" folder is 2GB.

So does this work the other way around? Could you use a Lumia 925 on AT&T when it comes out? And use LTE?

GSMArena is quoting that the US varaint is Band 4 and Band 17, so yes it should work on AT&T if you can unlock it.

darkoman4 says:

I would also like to know with these LTE frequencies. Are TMobile and ATT LTE frequencies compatible with each other or not. Not that it maters to me now as neither Network has LTE in my area, but for the future referencies.

Beezie84 says:

The lte phones support both frequencies

T-Mobile uses LTE Band 4 (AWS) only, AT&T is a mix of mostlty Band 17 (700 Mhz) and some Band 4 (AWS).
My Samsing ATIV S SGH-T899M shows me that in my area, LTE has been turned on.

Any unlocked AT&T phone with LTE support should work on T-Mobile due to AT&T's required support of Band 4 and Band 17.

jfivieght says:

Will this work with the 720 then? Hoping I will get more than the 1900 band in refarmed areas.

Will it work on the Tmob 8X?

Blumby says:

I've been using the Lumia 900 with T-mobile for a few weeks now and it seems that if I set up the phone to work with LTE, then the picture messaging will not work but if I disable LTE (HSPA+ only) then the picture messaging works fine. T-mobile offered me no help with this on the 3 occasions that I contacted them.

T mobile, & AT&T are both rip offs if you ask me, but hey I get paid to say that. I am a HTC hd7 user from T mobile & I actually have 4g UNLIMITED! Unlimited talk and text, and I pay 52.11$ every single month. Oh yea, and if 3 people I know sign up, pay their bill on time I get 20$. If those 3 get 3 I get 10$. Every single month for the rest of my life. So figure, people you know, 90/3=30(groups of 3=20$)30x20=600. You still with me? Now those 90 get 3 people each & they get 1/3 of their bill each month paid for(20$)! You will get 10$ for all groups of 3 that they sign up. 90x10=900$. 900+600=. I dont really have to do the math do I? Any way its brand new company so there's a lot of money to be made, and I have a windows phone running on 7 and I still get the live tiles, updates, and goodies. The only catch is has to be unlocked phone unless its t mobile even then you should unlock in order to sideload. My email address is Travis.bracken@yahoo.com for more info. I always wanted to be a cell phone dealer when I grew up. Who knew that using a cell phone(windows phone actually, truly a bad ass phone stomping the crap out of isuck & trashoid) would bring me to being a dealer. The irony of the story is that a drug addict almost never becomes a drug dealer! Or does he/she?

No Verizon either has to be GSM no cdma