Los Angeles schools to offer students hybrids and laptops instead of Apple iPads

Surface

Microsoft's first Surface Pro 3 commercial hits all the right points

Office 365 Personal subscription plan launched, includes iPad editing

Microsoft announces Office for iPad, available later today in the App Store

Microsoft expected to introduce Office for iPad tomorrow, new enterprise management suite

Office for iPad may be unveiled next week, beating out Windows 8.1 version

Nokia goes on the offensive with effective new ‘app reality’ ad, targeting new buyers

Microsoft releases official 2014 Super Bowl commercial, shows how they are changing the world with technology

Xbox

Microsoft's latest video highlights Xbox One accolades

Surface

Microsoft berates iPad on lack of USB, touts Surface 2 as solution

Microsoft delays Office for iPad, but speeds up Office for Windows RT

Xbox

New engaging Xbox One ad invites you to try Microsoft’s all-in-one gaming system

Microsoft extends iPad trade in offer at company Stores to December

Beverage company, Campari chooses HP Windows 8 tablets over Apple's iPad

Dump your old iPad at the Microsoft Store and get at least $200 towards your next Surface

Nokia: Your family photos will be ruined by the darkness if you don’t use the Lumia 925

Microsoft releases sequel “Don’t Fight. Switch” commercial featuring the Lumia 1020 and hilarious camera hijinks

Lenovo Yoga trumps iPad in latest ad from Microsoft

Nokia publishes humorous Lumia 925 ad, touching on low-light photography

Microsoft again shows how Surface RT fares against Apple's iPad

Microsoft launches iPad vs. Windows 8 tablet site

iPad vs. Microsoft Surface RT

For the past few weeks, Microsoft has been pushing new television advertisements that mock the iPad and praise the benefits of Windows 8 and OEM's hardware. Now the boys in Redmond have launched a companion site for their ads.

The new site allows consumers to compare Apple's 64 GB iPad (4th generation) against the ASUS VivoTab Smart, Dell XPS 10, HP ENVY x2, and Microsoft Surface RT. Using the site's comparison chart you can than compare thinness, battery life, weight, display size, multitasking, pricing, and expandability.

The new marketing campaign from Microsoft aims to showcase the capabilities of their latest operating system. The company was previously criticized for their Surface commercials, which could have easily been confused for an episode of "So You Think You Can Dance".

You can check out the new site here or, if you haven't gotten a chance to see Microsoft's previous advertisements, you can check them out below:

What do you think of Microsoft partnering up with its OEMs to take on Apple's iPad directly?

Comments

ncxcstud says:

These are good ads. Loving the ads showcasing what the windows 8 tablets can do that the iPad can't...

jfivieght says:

Just have the iPad plugged into the Surface; saw this a while ago, very effective

bobsentell says:

That would be a great pic. Someone get on that.

Planblover08 says:

This would be amazing!

Maybe saying how you can plugs all your toys via usb.. Including toys like iPad lol

nizzon says:

Could backfire with "charging my iToys, that's all its good for"

cannon#WP says:

That'd be perfect.

bobsentell says:

In fact, have two guys sitting in a breakroom. One using iPad, the other Surface. Boss walks up and needs a file from each on his thumbdrive... Now. Surface guy sticks it in his device while iPad guy searches frantically for the USB adapter. Surface guy attaches iPad cable to Surface and allows his friend to piggyback on the Surface to allow his file to be moved over to the thumbdrive.

I'll let the professional ad guys worry about the rest.

deloa84 says:

And then he says "Should have gotten a Surface... " Amd he gets a promotion :)

Wael Hasno says:

Much better. Let the hardware dance for us instead..

John20212 says:

yeah its a nice site, I run across it few days ago from other tech site

Bookmarking to show at Starbucks.

ninjaap says:

I think online ads/videos, websites, and apps are a waste of resources. Said campaigns usually come out as a desperate attempt for attention, because they force people to interact when they have no reason to. Just stick with TV commercials and force people to watch them.

Aaron M says:

Of coarse MS should and will still do TV commercials, but why the heck shouldn't they create sites like this?  One can walk and chew gum at the same time, especially since the gum chewing uses up way less energy/attention.  This website probably cost 8 hours total of a web developers salary to build.  And hosting it on their servers is a few pennies.  TV commercials require actors, camera crew, stage room, graphics, etc...  And obviously MS has to pay every time it airs it on TV.  So even if the website is only 1% as effective as a TV commercial, its still cost effective.

WPmunkey says:

That is the worst idea ever posted on this site.

ninjaap says:

Really??? Woooohoooo!!! What's my prize for worst idea ever on this site?

stevethenerd says:

How about MS buy some you tube feature the benefits of Surface/RT tablets VS. Android tablets...

neo158 says:

How about no and how about being able to access the full You Tube website on Surface, no need for an app!!!

RyanAMG says:

I'm picking up a surface RT this weekend for my fiancée. Will be her wedding day gift from me. FYI she's a nerd like me so its not like the guy that got his wife a vacuum cleaner for valentines day :)

bcasteel says:

MY wife's dad got her mom a garden hose for their first (or second?) anniversary and to this day she doesn't let him forget it! My wife is into iProducts, and I just got her an iPad mini for our 4th anniversary. We have a Surface RT, which I love and now get all to myself :p

RyanAMG says:

LOL that made my day. She had an iPhone and now has the 8X and loves it. I've been joking with her that we can't get married if she has any apple products. What make that funny is 9 years ago she wouldn't date me tell I sold my Mac and got a PC.

LightBulbIT says:

I skip over TV commercials on the DVR. ALWAYS watch Microsoft/Lumia commercials

You sir, are awesome.

dbam987 says:

I'm digging the HP x2, but wish it had a bit more memory and Windows 8 pro available. And an i5 processor.

Chi28n2k says:

You can upgrade the HP Envyx2 to Windows 8 Pro, for $60. The upgrade also nets you the Media Center upgrade, included.

What about display quality and processor?

TheDarKnight says:

Nice, people are starting to realize how awesome windows 8 tablets are and how limited iPads could be

Fndlumia says:

My surface pro is awesome, have the 128gb model and noticed yesterday that china is getting a 256gb model damn you MS. Pro is great only gripe is the battery gets rather hot apart from that its so good that it has replaced my desktop. My iPad is now custom fitted in my cars dash for music,maps/gps and driving apps- must admit it is good in the car but for real computing the surface wins hands down.

ade333 says:

The China version probably needs it in order to hold China's great firewall companion app. The web cam is probably recording 24x7 too to monitor if you are fornicating in a way thought to produce female children. All that video takes up space.

MastrMeatWad says:

Article isn't bias. I personally find the commercials very good, unlike some writer on imore. ;-)

Why on earth would a writer on iMore sing the praises of a Microsoft commercial ;-)

MastrMeatWad says:

Haha. True...true

cgavula says:

They still need to boost the number of Metro apps available - if you want to use it for quick things like you do the iPad, then Metro apps are essential and Windows 8 is still soft on those.  Desktop apps don't cut it when you really want quick/clean solutions.  And pinning a desktop app to the start page is NOT the same thing.  Windows 8  on a tablet is a cool thing, but they need to improve the up front stuff (Metro) and make it smoother and closer to the iPad/Android tablet experience and less like a Windows desktop.

deloa84 says:

I think that's clearly where they are headed. I have a Dell XPS12 and when I use it tablet mode all I use is metro apps and occasionally I convert it back when I need to type more....

Cylemmulo says:

I really have to say the one great thing windows 8 has done is with tabets. Windows RT isn't great, but when you can get a full windows 8 tablet for under $500 that has the battery life and a great tablet interface, while including beign able to run real apps (yes atom's are limted but they aren't bad at all) you have a real competitor as long as you can get all the apps you need.