Remain up-to-date with celebrity gossip with the official E! Online app for Windows Phone 8

E! Online

Popular entertainment news and celebrity gossip website E! Online (www.eonline.com) has released an official app for Windows Phone. The resource is an arm of the E! cable and satellite network, owned by NBCUniversal. If you're an avid follower of the online publication, you'll definitely want to check out their new native app, which sports numerous features any Windows Phone owner would expect to see here.

If you're more into looking at the latest celebrity snaps, the app enables you to check out thousands of photos in the new galleries. Clips are also available from shows including Keeping Up With the Kardashians, The Soup and E! News. You can download E! Online from the Windows Phone Store (only Windows Phone 8 is supported - region restriced).

QR: E! Online

Comments

blackhawk556 says:

Finally I'll be able to keep up with my Kim kardashian news!!!!!

Beshoy Hanna says:

Im more interested in the careful planning and thought celebrities take when giving their kid's names...

montel22 says:

Lol, this is so stupid, millions kids are born everyday and no one besides there family care about names but those rich people make the world of it.

Beshoy Hanna says:

Well there is the issue of for the rest of that childs life (or until they are 18) they have to deal with bulling and awkward looks.

CJ Thunder says:

No they don't. They will be in a rich school with all the other sillyly named kids.

redeyss says:

PASS! lol;)

blackhawk556 says:

Lol, I'll still check out the app. It's always good to see official apps come to windows phone.

shreyas15 says:

I have a very big doubt here. Why the hell do they make it region specific?! Not just this, so many other apps! Apps like Domino's, understandable. Even news?! :/

Sometimes, when that happens to something I'm interested in, I send an email, and sometimes they make it available. Worth give a try, if you're interested.

allos autos says:

My best guess would be that it has something to do with the video clips that they offer. Maybe other countries have different deals for carrying E! or something? Who knows.

murani says:

Sometimes it is done to get it pass certification quicker. Some regions bring with it additional hurdles to be cleared.

NIST says:

Nice app, but I'll stick with Weave for my celebrity news.

murtagh360 says:

Yeah its region specific which is interesting, I suppose it is an arm of NBC.

Wael Hasno says:

I don't understand why would anyone be interested in celebrity gossip anyway, let alone follow their daily news and activities..

DaveGx says:

Ditto. Rather sad and pathetic really

CJ Thunder says:

In most countries for the last 200 years the middle and lower class life is a bore. Watching the rich is a good escape.

Wael Hasno says:

Sorry but you're wrong..

rodneyej says:

Actually, CJ Thunders point is very true, and it is at least some sort of explanation why a lot of people are interested in this type of thing. You might not understand why people other than yourself think differently than you, but its reality, and it's great.. Nevertheless, I realized that your attitude developed from association, and that's fine because that's also reality.. Ironically, the answer to your not understanding why someone would want this app, and enjoy the content within, lies directly in your questioning, and closed mindedness about others.. For both parties its just fear, that leads to self-consciousness, that leads to self-righteousness... And we're ALL guilty of it!

rodneyej says:

That's kind of it.. Really, that's, for the most, part why a lot of people do it.. Either to dream about living that lifestyle, or make themselves feel better buy seeing other peoples problems.. On some level a lot if us do the same thing when reading about technology or expensive supercars that we can't yet have.. That's why I never question why someone else likes, or is interested in something.. Do you know how many hours I spend, no WAIST, here on WPC? A lot of people, men and women, would say that's stupid... Its just plain closed minded to even make a comment about what this app is about, and the people who are interested in that type of thing..

Wael Hasno says:

It's not the same thing. We all want to be able to acquire the goods we have set our eyes on. Goods such as our phones, computers, consoles, books, etc etc.. Mostly inanimate objects. WPC for example, is the best source of information and support for our Windows Phones, therefore it can never be a waste of time.

I'm not here to judge anyone, like it was mentioned above, I also think it's sad and pathetic to follow what another person does in their life in such extent. It shows that you're underachieving and you lack motivation. Don't take this the wrong way, I also follow a few high profile individuals but only those who contribute to my hobbies and make me feel good, such as football players. And I definitely don't care what clothes they're wearing, cars they're driving or what the toilets look like.

And to be clear about something, I never said anything about the app. As a matter of fact, I'm happy another official app joined our awesome ecosystem.

rodneyej says:

Fair enough.. Either way its being judgmental towards people who are different than you.. It can be said that its pathetic that you care about how fast another guy can run, or care what team wins the game.. Does the sport have some fundamental outcome in helping mankind progress? No, and reality is that its simply pointless. But, that's what you enjoy, so for you its does have a point.. Others might not understand why you like sports but why is it their position to comment on that? I understand what you're trying to justify, and I respect you for being civil, but I'm sorry,, it is the same.

Wael Hasno says:

Opinions are respected, no matter what. That's why they are opinions, we agree or disagree with them but they define us. I will never judge a person by their preference, they want to be gossip queens and devote their time in learning everything about people they don't know, that's solely their problem. I won't directly criticize them for it because it simply doesn't contribue in my general happiness and interests. (Unless I'm making fun of a close friend, ha :P)

rodneyej says:

Lol!.. Ok.. Good man!!

Fndlumia says:

In most countries its called stalking, grass is always greener...

ajvanbreen says:

Because they're celebrities; entertaining us is literally their job.

clappenings says:

Will Daniel be featured? After all, he's moving up in the world lolol

rodneyej says:

Right!.. Lol!!⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆

NIST says:

°*”˜˜”*°•.¸★☆★¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.
Ⓓⓐⓝⓘⓔⓛ Ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓣⓐⓡ
°*”˜˜”*°•.¸★☆★¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.

rodneyej says:

I would say something about that, but I would be hypocritical, and contradicting a point that I'm trying to make above⬆... Lol!

gerrymad says:

Now that I have a source for the real news that matters I can uninstall the WP Central app.

rodneyej says:

Lol!! This is my last comment! I'm uninstalling the WPCENTRAL app in 3-2-1......

KKRLessey says:

Not in the UK! WHY!?

JerseySal says:

Not in the UK,but we have our North West news! Haha :P

KKRLessey says:

Whatever works I guess

Because same reason BBC won't release in the US!

Jazmac says:

Love the support.

rodneyej says:

I love apps like this!! It expands the app portfolio, and makes WP attractive to a wider audience.. This is great!! Thanks for supporting windowsphone E!Entertainment!

inertiaNokia says:

I know this app isn't for everyone, but I am excited about this. Its expanding the market of apps that are available on other platforms. Plus, it seems to be a well made app, and not half baked.

luniboy26 says:

Can someone get the verge to release a Windows Phone app

TechAbstract says:

Use "Webapp" and add theverge

rodneyej says:

He's asking for an official app. Official apps are what we need.. I know you know this.. Lol!

eduardopl says:

The verge hates everything about Microsoft. I don't think we'll have a official app in the near future

S_C_B says:

I think this is a good placeholder for the official app. Right now, you can't comment on posts from this app.

Kram Devil says:

Theverge will probably release a wp app when hell freezes over considering their views on all things microsoft.

Dare2Blink says:

I like to think that there are no 14 year old girls in the WP community that would care about something as frivolous as celebrity news... I know that is not the case, but I can dream ;)

ikissfutebol says:

I can speak to my college days that there are a number of girls 18+ that are just as obsessed. It makes you sad when you see an extremely attractive college coed and then she opens her mouth only to have wanna-be socialite nonsense come out.

AndyD33 says:

Unless it has the uncensored Kate Upton video, I'm not installing it. :P

rodneyej says:

Kate Upton.. I wonder what that taste like... Probably chicken.

NIST says:

Sexy, full breasted chicken.

ikissfutebol says:

I realize many, if not most, of the WPCentral community finds this to be a joke of an app. While I have no interest nor need in it, I am at least glad to see major companies creating official apps. Now we just have to hope it doesn't suck and E! continues to support it. I'm not sure what it would look like, but it would be pretty cool to get Discovery Channel, NatGeo, and Science Channel apps. Or even a DIY Network app.

lonbraj says:

Didn't install it so can't say anything about performance but design looks good. Better than Tapatalk. They should have colored the app bar though. Wikipedia has it. Gives a refined look to the app.

rodneyej says:

Tapatalk did look to be on the blah side.. They should be somewhat ashamed of themselves.. Nevertheless, it is technically beta,, right?

lonbraj says:

Ye. I'm giving them a pass this time because function comes over design. If the app performs well I'm glad.

bitwise says:

Installed it and it is a nice little app for what it is for. Layout is really nice and it was able to manage all its content (pictures, articles, videos) effectively. There is a very small lag or stuttering when browsing but still doesn't affect the nice performance. It is actually well thought of.
If the content is different, like maybe its an app for a tech website, i bet people here would be more welcoming to it.

ikvn says:

This app is kinda cool, but I used it and it kept on lagging here and there. It needs to be optimized and I believe that won't be a problem