Framily First

Sprint introduces new plans for Framilies to share

Sprint

Hesse out at Sprint

Billion Dollar Babies

WSJ says Sprint to stop T-Mo buyout talks

Sprint's first quarter 2014 results show they finally turned a profit

Sprint announces 30-day trial for new customers

Sprint expands LTE service to 28 more cities

Sprint expanding LTE roaming to more rural and regional carriers

Any Sprint customer, even those with old phones, can enroll in insurance this month

T-Mobile merger with Sprint looks more likely as Softbank and Deutsche Telekom agree on sale

Sprint takes device security to a whole new level with latest comprehensive package

Sprint begins throttling users in congested areas

Podcast

Vector 39: Net neutrality and carrier complexity

Sprint announces new international add-on for Framily Plan subscribers

Here's how Sprint can save you money on Spotify

Sprint shares Q1 report, still making a loss with network upgrades

Sprint continues with LTE rollout, launches enhanced 4G speeds in 6 new cities

Sprint plans to enable SIM unlocking on Windows Phone devices next year

Sprint will pay rivals' termination fees when you sign up for a Framily plan

Software

Sprint confirms Windows Phone 8.1 update for HTC 8XT and Samsung ATIV S Neo this summer

Windows Phones

Deal alert: Samsung ATIV S Neo (Sprint) for $39 with contract at Amazon

Interested in Sprint and Windows Phone 8? Register now and let them know

HTC 8XT

We recently covered the Sprint and Microsoft announcement of two new Windows Phones heading to the US network - the Samsung ATIV S Neo and HTC 8XT. What we failed to provide you guys with was the registration link as Sprint has allowed potential buyers to register their interest in either product for future details as to when the new hardware will be available.

So who's looking at getting either (or both)?

Source: Sprint

Comments

Prezdhill says:

I use Verizon, but several of my friends are on Sprint. Hopefully I can convert them with these great devices.

RyanAMG says:

I was with sprint but grew tired of waiting. Working on getting my family on WP but they don't like the options after playing with my L928

sanchezursua says:

Sprint SUCKS!!! Windows Phone 8 has been out for 8 months and all they have is an announcement. I ported 4 lines over to Verizon, 3 HTC 8X Phones and an iPhone (the wife, influenced by her family). The 8X are Killer on the Verizon network. I Loved the Arrive on Sprint but the Network Sucked Rocks. Even my iPhone wife likes my 8X!!! LEFT SPRINT AND NEVER LOOKED BACK. They. Treat their Windows Customers like illegal aliens. DON'T DO IT!!!!

Wow, looks really nice

No Nokia, but still pretty good.

KoreyTM says:

Even though I'm not a Sprint customer and don't plan to be anytime soon, I still registered for WP updates from them because Sprint needs to know that the public is interested!

tribexx says:

Agreed. I at least clicked the link to give them "traffic" news about the device's first day of announcement.

Dk92 says:

I love my Lumia 928, but I have to admit the violet 8XT is pretty sexy.

Prezdhill says:

Personally I like the form factor of my HTC 8x at Verizon more than the Lumia 928. Having held both, I only wish the 8x had the weight of the 928, and also the awesome camera and app exclusives Nokia provides.

Mingu7 says:

My friend has the California Blue HTC 8X on Verizon, and it is a really nice color and shape.

But yeah, it's a hard sell if your carrier also offers a Nokia Lumia.  The Nokia apps are absolutely killer.  I switched from Sprint to AT&T back in November specifically to snag a cyan Lumia 920, and it has been an absolutely fabulous experience.

Still, it's great to see WP options for Sprint folks.  That puple HTC looks dreamy... but yeah, I'm biased because purple is my favorite color.  Cyan/Turquiose is my 2nd favorite color.... and yes.... purple + turquiose is my fav color combo :o)

dyb2000 says:

I left Sprint for Verizon, I had the HTC Arrive and since sprint didn't had a wp8 when my plan expired , I when to Verizon to get the super sweet Lumia 928

Mingu7 says:

Good move.  The 928 looks like a killer phone.

I too left Sprint to snag a Lumia, the 920 on AT&T back in November.  I couldn't be happier.  Sprint really dropped the ball on WP last year... I too had the HTC Arrive, which was a nice phone, but Sprint had annoying snags in their WP service.  Pictures sent to me through SMS would often not come through.  And I had to manually split my SMS text messages when they got long...  My wife had the Lumia 900 on AT&T and had none of those issues, plus the cool Visual VoiceMail feature.

So when November rolled around, my choice was easy.

fonz2517 says:

I'm definitely getting one of the two.

Musicman247 says:

Will sign up for updates, but I already left Sprint for T-Mobile and the Lumia 925.

caliborn says:

About friggin time!  My Arrive has had it!!
Hopefully that HTC will come in a different color.  If not, the it's mos def the Samsung.

iknowsingh says:

I signed up, will be getting that ATIV S Neo! Here we go, Sprint... just tell me when and you can HAVE MY MONEY!

Kreets says:

My wife and I will definitely be upgrading to these if they ever come out.  I'll probably get the ATIV S Neo and my wife will probably get the HTC 8XT.

icthusman1 says:

Signed up earlier. Been waiting for this annoucement for months! I will most likely be getting the Ativ Neo.

stoickiwi says:

I'm going to grab one of each. One for me, one for my girlfriend. Let's hope at least the 8XT comes in different colors. If they give it as many colors as the 2 dipped 8S, they may have a hit on their hands with Sprint.

I moved our personal phones to AT&T when the 900 came out, but our business phones are still on Sprint.  Hopefully, we can get those moved over to WP instead of Android pretty soon.

Jazmac says:

I am interested in the phones. Just not interested in Sprint

MikadoWu says:

One... These are Not Nokia's.  I left Sprint, becuase My last 4 HTCs, were never updated, and their service was slow.
Am I a Nokia Fan Boy, yes I am.  I am a Happy Nokia 920 User, BTW this is my First NOKIA.

ambroShuS says:

I do, HTC's are crappy and Samsung's phones have never been good for me either

Burnnerman says:

My issue is they say top of the line phones, but the NEO looks to be a degraded version of the ATIV S (smaller battery, and smaller processor).
The HTC is a smaller processor but has better speakers than the original 8X.

Gilceleb says:

Yes your right for battery and proc but original ATIV S do not provide 4G LTE, only 3G+ max.

I have the Ativ S and it's on LTE right now. Try again!

There are two Ativ S versions, one with and one without LTE.

ShaunKL says:

Nothing that looks worthy of staying with Sprint when I can grab a 925 on T-Mobile unfortunately.

black ramm says:

I was with Sprint for 12 years and got tired of them not showing any love for Windows Phones. I got the Lumia 928 and am ecstatic. Best phone and network I have ever had. Sorry Sprint I will never go back to a provider who is so short sighted and doesn't listen to its users.

bb_gonzo says:

The 8XT looks nice. I still prefer the look of my 8X though. However, i am happy HTC decided to stay in the WP game. Nothing groundbreaking here but i hope this will change with the ONE for WP8. That would be one device i wouldn't care if it's the same on Android. It's supposed to be amazing.

LucasLumia says:

One would hope that up to now, Windows Phone 8 standard resolution would be 720p or WXGA.

sanchezursua says:

Sprint SUCKS!!! Windows Phone 8 has been out for 8 months and all they have is an announcement. I ported 4 lines over to Verizon, 3 HTC 8X Phones and an iPhone (the wife, influenced by her family). The 8X are Killer on the Verizon network. I Loved the Arrive on Sprint but the Network Sucked Rocks. Even my iPhone wife likes my 8X!!! LEFT SPRINT AND NEVER LOOKED BACK. They Treat their Windows Customers like illegal aliens. DON'T DO IT!!!!

nakialj83 says:

Good for sprint

radiohawk says:

Have been with Sprint for nearly 15 years, but moving on to magenta when the 925 hits locally. Too little too late from sprint. Anyone know what the deal is with the lack of Nokia support from Sprint?

AiR DEGETA says:

I've been waiting for these phones for forever. I'm getting the Ativ Neo when it comes out, even though after the long wait it would've been nice to get it for 149.99 then get $50 off with the mail-in rebate, bringing it to $99. And the thing is that just launch 4G LTE in my city and I'm eligible for a upgrade on July 1st.