Microsoft posts video tour of the new Surface RT highlighting features

Microsoft is still putting out its promotional material for the new Surface RT—a device that seems to be piquing much interest.

The latest video is more to the point, actually highlighting and discussing features of the new tablet as opposed to showing people dancing around. In our opinion, the video does a great job of showing why the Surface is a compelling device for those who are considering a new tablet. It certainly has the look so we’ll just have to wait till see if it catches on. Thanks, Jofre, for the link

Comments

ThePKReddy says:

More ads like this. Its a good start for pre orders. Next month they need to put out other benefits of how the OS works, marketplace, etc

CJ Thunder says:

Too long to be an ad but nice. No mention of the pen, was that only on the Pro? Also no GPS?

mane3215 says:

Pen is only on the pro.

shafiqueek says:

Pen is only included with pro, but can be bought for rt as well. No price yet.

Guakala says:

I believe its only the Pro model that is compatible with the pen as it comes with a different digitizer than the RT. You could always buy one of those capacitive-friendly stylus that feel like you're writing with an eraser though... The Pro I assume will feel like writing on a Wacom (pressure sensitive).

bb_gonzo says:

My first thought was that the ad agency made a mistake by displaying the Surface pro while saying it is the Surface RT. Is the RT version really that thick? I like the Surface and am  concidering getting one. I would like the RT because i am not fond of fans and thermal management in a tablet. Something very few people seem to be concerned with. I asked this before i think. Does anyone know if the new Clover Trail Atom Win 8 tablets will have active cooling? I can't imagine them beeing that power efficient. Of topic, sorry. The video is nice, but not really informative. There is hardly any information there except that you can share stuff via a share button. Probably would have figured that out by myself.

JamesDax3 says:

It's thinner then iPad 3.  Not thick at all.

bb_gonzo says:

I don't doubt that. In fact, i know it. I just said it appears thick, not that it is. That's why i wrote that at first glance i thought they'd used the pro for the ad.

now that was greaat ad! sigh, its great to be a Microsoft fan right about now! time for some cool and agressive wp8 ads..

Nitaino says:

This video is much better than puppets dancing & jumping around

dbgman says:

They need to show how the apps are coming along for the tablet.

Kristijan87 says:

Aaaah, these ads (whatevers) are working like a charm, my brain wants this tablet sooo baad :D But alas, no money + not available in my country. :/
Guys, I don`t wanna start a fight by mentioning the iPad, but since I had no money to buy any of the tablets out there, I settled for YouTube videos, ads, blah blah... I`ve watched iPads in action, Android tablets in action... And now I watch Surface in action and I must say that Surface seems by far the most sophisticated and the most beautiful piece of technology (tablets-wise) I`ve ever, well, watched in action :P
Local dealers in Croatia are going to get Surface eventually, so I simply cannot wait to lay my hands onto one of these beauties, to try touch cover keyboard, to experience everything in vivo. And I envy you all who are able to preorder this amazing piece of hardware. Enjoy them, for me ;)

blackprince says:

Yo Daniel are guys going to post a review of this bad boy when you get yours on the 26th?

favipx2@ says:

WoW...no comments???!!! Commercials need to show games in actions....been using win8 for awhile now and I can say all the games suck in there. The graphics suck from the market place.

favipx2@ says:

Well. There was lag loading comments.. :|

OMG55 says:

That's not true, game play was good in CP, and even better in win 8 pro.

karl11 says:

What a sweet commercial! Not enough money to get this and a phone, so I will get a new phone first. Microsoft is doing everything right this time.

ZX9 says:

I like it, but the ending needed to be more clear. "Click in and do more." referring to the touch cover needs to obviously be talking about the touch cover--show someone clicking it in while you say that! Otherwise people are not going to catch that and they'll be confused by a stupid-sounding slogan.

albertico says:

When they're talking about Office RT in the video, they show a Desktop version of Office--that's not how Office RT should work on a Windows RT Surface, correct? It should just be a "Live App"?

zacman says:

No, Office 2013 (Preview) is not a Live App. It is (more) touch friendly than previous office versions but still a desktop app. On Windows 8 it brings you straight to desktop mode, I'm sure it'll be the same with the RT version.

Kristijan87 says:

Exactly. If I remember correctly, it has been said that Desktop Mode will, in fact, exist on the RT version but it will be reserved exclusively for a few Microsoft`s apps (such as running Office).

OMG55 says:

Im glad Microsoft created and is promoting surface like they are. I think they want to sell more units than they put on and to serve as a motivator to make other OEM's promote their offerings just as much to ensure success

Chris Coyle says:

Remember the preview version of Office will be upgraded for free when Office 13 is released via a download update.

StefEBear says:

Nicely done Microsoft..

Surface
is certainly as catchy a name as iPad.. if not more so!!

What's the difference between the RT and PRO is there still the desktop on the RT??

StefEBear says:

there is. but it is only for inbuilt tools like Control Pannel, File Explorer and Office.
you can't install Windows 7 software in Windows RT
Windows 8 and Windows 8 Pro are the new replacements for Windows 7

zekerrific says:

What's this so-called "type cover" they talked of? Will there be a 256GB SSD version?

Type cover is more like a physical keyboard, like my MacBook pro keyboard. The touch cover is more like touch rather than physical. The type cover is $10 more.

a.b.s.o.l.u.t.e.l.y b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l

omfg.... this is a sure shot ipad killer.

J Papi says:

Windows 8 looks better and better every day...so does the Surface tablet. Windows 8 tablets will kill the tablet market over the next year or two. What's missing though is a Lumia tablet :(

Tomasz S. says:

But does the Surface come with a 3G modem included for true mobility? Cause my clunky W501 does.

hoonigandad says:

Wow that is super cool

JasonG83 says:

Is it just me, or does one of the women in that ad look like Ellen Page?

mizzytan says:

There are many good information and details so I hope you will read care fully and take more information.
Link to website