Microsoft shows off wireless charging in latest Lumia 930 ad

Microsoft partners with British designer to create wireless charging pants

Starbucks partners with Duracell to offer PMA wireless charging with your coffee

A4WP expands Rezence wireless charging spec to power laptops, tablets in future

New Broadcom chip to finally bridge the gap between wireless charging standards

General Accessories

Glowdeck is a Bluetooth speaker that will wirelessly charge your Windows Phone

Orée Pebble 2 is a beautiful natural material Qi charger looking for Kickstarter backers

Grab a Nokia DT-900 wireless charging pad for $14.99 (U.S. only)

Nokia to push wireless charging by bundling free chargers with Lumia 930

Microsoft and Samsung join the board for Qi wireless charging

Charge your phone wirelessly with the Nokia DT-910, available on Amazon for £33.95

Deal alert: Nokia "Fatboy" DT-901 Wireless Charging Pillow available for just $29

General Accessories

Our three favorite Wireless Chargers for your Qi-enabled smartphone

Consumerization of 3D Printing: Windows 8.1 drivers and a Windows Phone app

Wireless Power Consortium announces new magnetic, backwards compatible wireless charging system at CES

Deal Alert: Nokia DT-900 wireless charging plate on sale for just $25

General Accessories

Deal Alert: Nokia JBL PowerUp wireless charging speaker drops to $119 this weekend

AT&T removed Qi wireless charging in the Lumia 1520 to make room for PMA

AT&T product page omits wireless charging for the Nokia Lumia 1520

Quick look at the Nokia DC-50 Qi portable charging plate

Have your own 3D printer? Now you can create your own wireless charging stand

WP Wireless Charger

Do you own your own 3D printer or have access to one? You'll now be able to take a pre-made, tested design and create your own stand for charging your Windows Phones wirelessly. Supporting the Nokia charging plates, Windows Phone Central forum member SomethingSomethingDarkSide has managed to create the above result with the design, providing a template for refinement and personalisation to take place. It looks pretty neat too.

WP Wireless Charger 3D

The files have not yet been published on the web for access, but be sure to join in the conversation over on our community forum to get started.

Thanks, WP8Expert, for the tip!

Comments

Are 3D printers worth the money right now???

Musicman247 says:

Doubtful, since most cost over a thousand dollars and let you print things you could buy for a couple bucks from China ;)

Kram Devil says:

There's a $300 one here in Asia.

schlubadub says:

I think DIY or kit 3D printers are the only economical option... it'll still cost you a few hundred bucks and results may be crap :P Here's a kit for $500... no idea if it's any good though: http://portabee3dprinter.com/shop/portabee-3d-printer-complete-kit-uassembled/

BonzeUK says:

A landscape version would be more useful. Watch TV and charge at the same time

Dancsi31 says:

let's print some crap Nokia Lumia 1020 with this :D. Joking

Vb2012 says:

:/ nope not cool man :P

DavidinCT says:

I want a 3D printer but, till they become more affordable...

If someone is printing, how much do they want to make one for me ?

sholokov says:

Maybe we in CT pitch in and buy one.

kayb27 says:

Shapeways.com; You can find CADs for different designs or create your own and upload them. Then simply choose what material to print with and they'll ship it to you. I can't design CADs for the life of me, but I'd love it if someone made a case for the Lumia 920 that has the two prongs to make it compatible with GoPro accessories. ;) Hint hint

Curtieson says:

Send a note to Gibbage.  He has made multiple cases and is selling them through Shapeways.  He was even featured on the front page of WPCentral a couple times.

Unfortunately despite my attempts to optimize the shapeways price isn't really worth it =(, hopefully people can find someone they know with a Replicator

andrewq911 says:

Send me what you want and I'll make the plans in CAD. andrewquinn390@rocketmail.com

Fndlumia says:

Makerbot is quite good, have an earlier model and getting the different types of plastic is the problem....not cheap either, made a couple of 820 covers for a friend and they break very easily

hbjoroy says:

Makerbot2 was demonstrated at TechEd Europe, and I want one :-) it is too expensive, but I do wonder what the cost of each print is, can't find any information, maybe later, or share with geek friend.

Cubeddd says:

I've got a stand already that can hold both the phone and the wireless charger.

gautch says:

And what stand is this?

Cubeddd says:

The wireless stand fits horizontally on the back with the phone just on the ridge in front. works well.

andrewq911 says:

Lol I already made one of these. I know CAD like the back of my hand. If someone has a good idea let me know and I'll make it