Windows Phone Collections: For The Kids

More mobile Xbox games delisted as Windows Phone struggles to find its way

Rival Knights brings medieval jousting to Windows Phone

Games

The sequel to the popular Dhoom:3 The Game is here… time for the Jet Speed!

Lost Echo, a 3D action adventure game jumps from iOS to Windows Phone Store

Magic Realms for Windows Phone suffers a game-breaking update [Updated]

Games

Ubisoft brings Valiant Hearts and Tetris Ultimate to Xbox One and Xbox 360 this summer

Dream of Pixels unleashes beautiful puzzles on Windows Phone

Games

Kabam pledges to bring The Hobbit: Kingdoms of Middle-earth and other casual titles to Microsoft platforms

Ice Rage: Hockey, a smashing Windows Phone game full of body checks

Hack the world with Watch Dogs mobile companion game 'ctOS'

Asphalt 8: Airborne gets updated, adds the SSC Tuatara to the garage

These are the best 'Match Three' games for Windows Phone

Disney releases two new Windows Phone 8 games, Lost Light and JellyCar 3

As expected, Disney Solitaire comes to Windows Phone 8

JoyBits brings Doodle Creatures and Around the World to Windows Phone 8

Games

Blazin' Aces arrives in the Windows Phone Store, let the dogfights begin!

Kochadaiiyaan The Legend Reign of Arrows lands in the Windows Phone Store

Games are listed in the App list for discoverability in Windows Phone 8.1, may be optional with future update

Top Car Racing games for Windows Phone

Dark Quest for Windows Phone now available, Orcs beware

Dark Quest

Looking for a Dungeons and Dragons styled board game for your Windows Phone? Take a look at the new Windows Phone game Dark Quest.

Dark Quest is a turn based, fantasy role playing game for your Windows Phone where you play the role of a barbarian warrior on a quest to defeat an evil sorcerer and his evil minions who have taken over your lands.

Dark Quest is presented just like a board game with plenty of transition screens to illustrate the story line and shops you visit to upgrade your character and weapons.

Dark Quest

The game features plenty of twisted mazes to navigate through and plenty of orcs, skeletons and other monsters to battle. You can control a party of up to three characters, each with their own abilities to compliment your warriors own skills.

The developers of Dark Quest did a good job with the graphics and animations. Characters in the game are represented by tiles (instead of animated figures), just like you would see in a table top board game. It gives the game a nice "old school" feel to it.

The only downside to Dark Quest is that there is no trial version with the full version is currently running $1.99. If you're a fan of the classic D&D games, Dark Quest is worth a look.  You can find Dark Quest here in the Windows Phone Store.  It is available for both Windows Phone 8 and 7.x devices.

QR: Dark Quest

Comments

mighty_stag says:

Heroquest? Looks awesome though!

JamesSB says:

I still have that game.

mighty_stag says:

I rue the day I sold my copy, I had all the expansions too :'( Damn the 14 year old me, damn him to heck!

EchoRedux says:

NERRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS

Brain Seal please publish this game here in the Brazilian WP store! You can use PEGI/ESRB certificates to do this. I can help.

mythos13 says:

If they add a trail I would defintely get it and consider buying it.

sicnus says:

No trial = no chance! Sucks to blow $ to get stuck w something that is lame.

Jazmac says:

Yeah, two bucks is an entire months salary in some countries.

Localhorst86 says:

While I can apprecite the sarcasm, I am with the OP here.

If the developer can't even bother to let me try the game with a limited feature set, I am not going to bother to buy it. It's a rule i set myself and I am going to stick with it. I've been burned once, so no thanks.

Techywarrior says:

My friend released a game like this last year. Check out Arcane Quest (there is a free and a paid version).

You can even make your own quests!

danj210 says:

Downloaded last night I have to try it. It also has some online features if I'm not mistaken.

GearDoGi says:

SORRY FOR POSTING THAT IN EVERY WP GAME POST BUT MAYBE WE COULD IMPROVE THE GAMING SECTOR OF WP THAT WAY!

As i already said  I can suggest that Windows Phone need to provide the xbox branding to developers like iOS do with the GameCenter and recently Androind announced the Google Play Game Service that includes leaderboards and achievements
I would suggest to give the chance to any developer to apply his title for the xbox branding and make the xbox certification progress more lax and more fast!
To do so differentiate the point system of wp titles with the Xbx360/one titles.For example make the xbox wp titles give you WPGS(gamer score) and be a different section (WP section) on the xbox account and not entangle with the point system and games of XBOX 360 and ONE!!!
I don't think that this is hard or complicated to been for a corporation like MS.
Please vote for my suggestion so that it maybe reaches MS http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/4163745-windows-phone-xbox-live-more-something-like-gamece
Every mobile phone gamer needs this!!!

skullbucket says:

That sounds completely useless...

GearDoGi says:

That is your opinion and i respect it.
But i don't think it's completly useless.The xbox branding can promote a game.There are many people that prefer to buy xbox games only and one of the main reasons are the achievements.So i think this move could help the gaming market on WP platform!

Dancsi31 says:

i buy non xbox games too if they are worth the price and if the game is really cool or unique. Also, don't forget that MS certification is not a cheap thing, let alone the achievements.
Just take the example of XBL games on WP with broken acievements (Let's Golf 2, Brain Challenge, etc.). To fix those glitched achievements, MS and the dev (Gameloft in this case) have to repatch/rebuild/update those games and of course that's not something free (i think it's 40,000$ per update, correct me if I am wrong)
So calculate that each time a game has to be updated if there is a glitch with it.
Not every game dev. wants to be xbox branded either. Disney (Where is My series...?) have their own achievement system.

GearDoGi says:

I think most of us would like a "GameCenter" like community and XBOX has the potential to be something like this and even surpass GameCenter.So i think it's sad to see powerfull games like the Where's is ..... franchise of Disney,Mini dash,10tons ltd games and many many more other that don't are xbox supported with achievements leaderboards etc.
As of the "pay to update your own app" i think MS stoped this policy and you can freely update your app.As time goes by WP gains more and more market share (maybe slow but at least it's better than losing marketshare) so i think feature like this that i m suggesting will enhance WP gaming sector!

schlubadub says:

I don't see any point in having a separate gamer score. If you want them separate use a different Live account. I like having WP, Xbox and Windows achievements together.

GearDoGi says:

Only reason i suggested something like this is that it's not fair for people that pay 50$ for an XBOX 360/ONE title to gain 1000GS TOTAL and same ammount of 1000GS you can simply gain it in WP with 5$ (Five 0.99$ Xbox WP games) x200GS =1000GS

schlubadub says:

You're assuming that Gamerscore is actually worth anything more than school-yard bragging rights. They might as well be gold stars for all that it matters. If someone has 10,000 GS from mobile games and someone else has 5,000 from 'hardcore' games, then what does it matter? The 2nd person could take one look at the 1st persons achievement history and see that it's all mobile / casual games and therefore they're not "real gamers" and have nothing to brag about :P

technecium says:

It's adapted for 7.x!! :) I'll buy it even without trial.